Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Which hurts less

Started by Emma1017, August 24, 2018, 12:42:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linde

Quote from: Emma1017 on November 01, 2018, 07:41:32 PM
Ok I went to the endocrinologist appointment...my wife wished me luck....

I officially started HRT, patch and pill tonight!

Really not sure where this is going but at least I am giving Emma a chance.

Thanks all again for your hugs and support.   I know this is only the beginning and there is a long way to go!

Massive hug,

Emma
congrats.  I was also at the Edno today.  I am supposed to use two patches, one on each arm, and am supposed to continue with my <dosage removed by moderator> Finasteride.

I have to wait until I can start, because i get my meds through mail order, and estrogen is  controlled substance and they cannot prescribe a typical 30 day supply for the over the counter pharmacy!  You will have a head start by about a week or so.  I wonder if you can feel any difference in that first week?

<No dosages please>
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

Emma1017

Hi Dietlind:

I was fortunate that the clinic had its own pharmacy.  A lot less questions or questioning looks at my local pharmacy.

I plan to track any changes.

Warmest wishes,

Emma
  •  

Emma1017

To All:

I have started a journal and documented my starting baselines.  I need to know what is actually affecting me personally versus all the information on the web.

If anyone has any ideas of what I should include in my journal as I start HRT, I would really appreciate it.

I am strapping in for this rollercoaster ride...

Hugs,

Emma

•  

Kirsteneklund7

Quote from: Emma1017 on November 02, 2018, 07:44:49 AM
To All:

I have started a journal and documented my starting baselines.  I need to know what is actually affecting me personally versus all the information on the web.

If anyone has any ideas of what I should include in my journal as I start HRT, I would really appreciate it.

I am strapping in for this rollercoaster ride...

Hugs,

Emma
Wow Emma HRT is actually happening! You wont be dissapointed. Generally there is a feeling of light euphoria right from the start - document that! Also I have never read a scientific article about the estrogen buzz but I bet as your estrogen receptors take up the HRT you will feel a physical sensation thats hard to describe. A sort of uplifting, tingling feeling of well being that also exists in your chest, skin and abdomen. You may find yourself smiling more & becoming more chatty than normal.
Interactions with friends, family & aquaintices  will take on a different feel.

After 6 months the emotional aspect will really start to bite.

I would love to hear your experience!

Kindest regards , Kirsten.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

As a child prayed to be a girl- now the prayer is being answered - 40 years later !
  •  

KathyLauren

Emma, congratulations on starting HRT, and especially on overcoming your fears!
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Emma1017

Thank you Kathy and Kirsten:

This is the first day after starting last night.  I know its to early to feel the actual impact of the medications but I definitely feel the emotion. 

I left the doctors office yesterday and mentally pushed myself to open the pill box.  I took the pill right there on the street.  It had an immediate emotional impact.  I was finally doing it!  There was a very personal sense of elation as I walked to the train to go home.

I have to admit that later I had a very guilty feeling of excitement when I applied the patch.  I kept touching it to feel the realness of my decision.

I also feel the relief that I can still change my mind, hence starting the journal.  I need to know that I am benefiting from this.  I want to make sure that this is worth any further steps I may take and the damage I know I will be causing in my life, to get there.

Kirsten I will add "buzz" to the things I track.  ;)

I don't want to make this the endless thread from hell if this is not the way this website operates but I am willing to keep posting on this thread if it is of any benefit to the group.

Please let me know what I should do.

Massive Hug,

Emma
  •  

Linde

I was at the Endo, too yesterday, and have a prescription for e patches.  I have to wait until my mail order pharmacy gets it to me.  I was concerned that the doc will ask a million questions to be able to justify estrogen.  He hardly asked anything, he was more concerned wit my type II diabetes than with me wanting to be a woman!

I came out to three female friends yesterday, and they took me cloth shopping!  It seems as if they are more excited than I am about me being their new girlfriend!  Tomorrow they will take me shoe shopping and see if we can fiend a bra for me!

I found my environment being way more accepting me as a trans woman than I was afraid they would be!  I have yet to encounter any negative feeling against it!  Almost everybody I know and care about is excited to see me happy.  When we checked out at the store for my girls stuf, the checkout person, an older woman looked a bit funny.  One of my friends told her, we have a new woman with us here, and the check out lady was excited about it!

•  

Emma1017

Wow Dietlind:

What incredible news!  I am still very stealth to make sure that my wife can absorb the changes and stay with me.

I am jealous that you got to go shopping with other, accepting women.  How great!

Best,

Emma
  •  

Linde

Quote from: Emma1017 on November 02, 2018, 10:49:22 AM
Wow Dietlind:

What incredible news!  I am still very stealth to make sure that my wife can absorb the changes and stay with me.

I am jealous that you got to go shopping with other, accepting women.  How great!

Best,

Emma
But you have a wife instead.  I would not mind at all swapping with you!  I think I will never stop missing my wife!

•  

Emma1017

•  

Emma1017

Wow the second day of HRT!  The emotional pleasure is something I have hoped for all my life but never thought I would ever achieve.

Thank you all for getting me here.  I don't think I could have done it without you all!

With all my heart,

Emma
  •  

Linde

Quote from: Emma1017 on November 03, 2018, 08:19:42 PM
Wow the second day of HRT!  The emotional pleasure is something I have hoped for all my life but never thought I would ever achieve.

Thank you all for getting me here.  I don't think I could have done it without you all!

With all my heart,

Emma
After only wo days already?  And here I am sitting and am still waiting for mine to come! You are dancing on cloud 7 already, while I am still crouching through the mud.  I think this is unfair!

But I got my ears pierced today and sport real nice rhinestone studs in them!

•  

Emma1017

Good for you Dietland.  I hope the earrings make you feel great!

Never a contest, each of us must celebrate what we can.  We are fighting enough as it is.  Enjoy.
  •  

Linde

Quote from: Emma1017 on November 04, 2018, 12:14:33 AM
Good for you Dietland.  I hope the earrings make you feel great!

Never a contest, each of us must celebrate what we can.  We are fighting enough as it is.  Enjoy.
But once in a while it feels good to be a little grumpy, one has to find reasons for rewards (like ear studs) to get out of grumpiness!

I am getting really twitchy waiting for my E to come in!

•  

Emma1017

I am learning the art of patience and I thought I was too old for zen. ;)
  •  

Emma1017

Ok I am really laughing at myself and all can join it on the joke.

Only 4 days on HRT, yes I said 4 days and all I am thinking about is "Breasts" (mine, of course).  I feel like a kid waiting in July for Christmas. 

I mean a serious moment of impatience.

The mature me says wait and see what happens in a year or two the other me is "what, wait how long????"

I going to need some new hobbies to get me through this!....maybe knitting.  Anyone need a scarf?

Thanks for putting up with this rant,

Emma
  •  

Lacy

Quote from: Emma1017 on November 05, 2018, 01:15:08 PM
Ok I am really laughing at myself and all can join it on the joke.

Only 4 days on HRT, yes I said 4 days and all I am thinking about is "Breasts" (mine, of course).  I feel like a kid waiting in July for Christmas. 

I mean a serious moment of impatience.

The mature me says wait and see what happens in a year or two the other me is "what, wait how long????"

I going to need some new hobbies to get me through this!....maybe knitting.  Anyone need a scarf?

Thanks for putting up with this rant,

Emma

Congratulations Emma!

Starting HRT is an amazing feeling! I two am waiting for some changes besides the feeling of joy to have started HRT. Right now, I'll take that and be happy. I have noticed that my skin is becoming less oily than it used to be. That is really the only physical change I have noticed so far.

Since I am realizing the amount of time this all takes, I believe you will end up with trunks full of scarves! Probably enough for everyone on Susan's!

I'm very happy for you!
Lacy
She believed she could so she did!

The continuing story of my new life!

•  

Emma1017

Agreed Lacy.  Sweaters for everyone!
  •  

Linde

I got a big setback today.  The insurance called me to tell me that none of the meds (diabetes and estrogen) is part of the formula, and that my copay would be about $1000 per month!!!  Just for the diabetes med it is $850!!  I think something is really wrong with the health care system.  I have a Cadillac version of insurance, what shall low income people do?

anyway, I contacted the office of the doc and gave him the alternative meds the pharmacist of the insurance recommended.  Now I have to wait until the new description is written and processed!

Trying to become a girl sometimes sucks!

•  

Emma1017

Being transgender certainly toughens us up and the healthcare industry doesn't make anyone's life easier.
  •