News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Which hurts less

Started by Emma1017, August 24, 2018, 12:42:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tatiana 79

Hi Emma
I've been gone for a little while but it's really wonderful to come back to read about your progression.
Congratulations on your choice, which is certainly the biggest thing you could ever decide in your life.
I remember when you first entered this website and I'm so very happy for you where you're at now.
Be prepared for the powerful mental changes that are soon upon you.
I started 4 months today and can hardly believe the profound changes it's made to my life, and I believe you'll feel the same thing too.
Be patient it takes a little bit to get going but it won't be long until you'll be feeling tremendous relief with almost an unending smile on your face.
It's pretty much like all your hopes and dreams coming to fruition.

All the best love Tatiana
  •  

Emma1017

Wow Tatiana, thank you for sharing that with me. 

I am 6 days on HRT and drumming my fingers in emotional impatience, which is a good sign.  It means I made the right decision.  The slow progress also gives me time to evaluate the decision but Emma has been held back for so long that she is ripping to get started.

Your support and that of everyone else helped make the difference.

Hugs and best wishes,

Emma
  •  

Linde

I will be the beginning for me.  At two this afternoon I will be able to pick up the estrogen patches from my local Walgren's (they do not have then in stock).  I get estradiol patches of which I am supposed to wear one for a weak each.  I will continue to take the finasteride pills.  I am supposed to come back in four weeks to have blood tests done.
The doc thought it would be best to wear the patch on the inside of my upper thigh, but he said it is my decission.
Is the upper thigh a good location?  What do you ladies think?
I like the transdermal route (the skin patch technology was invented in our labs), because it is very gentle to the entire digestive system and allows for more even application of any medicine.  Is it the most effective route to deliver estrogen?
Any opinion about this?
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

Emma1017

I was told anywhere below the navel where there is plenty of fat for the drug to be absorbed.  I put it on my butt.
  •  

Lacy

I put it on my stomach between my belly button and the top of my pants.

The patch is nice in that the hormone is absorbed through your fat, and doesn't have to be processed through your liver.
She believed she could so she did!

The continuing story of my new life!

•  

Linde

Thanks Emma and Real Lacy.  I think I will put it on my stomach, my butt has not enough fat for anything.

It was exactly the idea to reduce organic burden when the people in our lab developed the patch and through skin absorbing idea.  The medicine on the patch is mircro-encapsulated inside of micro beads, and this allows a time release of the medication.

•  

Emma1017

Since this is a lifetime commitment, we'll have plenty of time moving the patch around to different parts of our body, particularly if the hormones start moving the fat around our body. ;)
  •  

Linde

Quote from: Emma1017 on November 08, 2018, 02:05:48 PM
Since this is a lifetime commitment, we'll have plenty of time moving the patch around to different parts of our body, particularly if the hormones start moving the fat around our body. ;)
Today was the day that the patch hit my fat for the first time ever!

•  

christinej78

Quote from: Dietlind on November 08, 2018, 11:51:49 PM
Today was the day that the patch hit my fat for the first time ever!

Hi Miss Kitty,                   09 November 2018

Call them "Happy Patches" because if they do for you what they have helped do for me, you will become quite happy, even happier than you have ever been.

I just answered your post on another thread so I won't say much more here.

Best Always, Love
Chris
Veteran - US Navy                                       Arborist, rigger, climber, sawyer
Trans Woman 13 Apr 18                               LEO (Cop)
Living as female - 7 years                             Pilot
Start HRT san's AA's 27 March 2018              Mechanic
Borchiday completed Friday 13 Apr 2018        Engineer Multi Discipline
IT Management Consultant                            Programmer
Friend                                                          Bum, Bumett
Semi Retired                                                Still Enjoy Being a Kid, Refuse to Grow UP
Former Writer / Editor                                   Carpenter / Plumber / Electrician
Ex-Biker, Ex-Harley Driver                             Friend of a Coyote
Ex-Smoker 50 years and heading for 100
  •  

Emma1017

Ok I promised to give feedback on starting HRT. 

It has been a full week.  The only change was the excitement I felt taking the first pill and figuring out where to put the patch.

I am climatizing myself to the patience needed for progress over months and years versus minutes and days ;)

In the future I will only report significant progress so I don't bore everyone.

Warm hugs,

Emma
  •  

Linde

Quote from: Emma1017 on November 09, 2018, 12:07:20 PM

It has been a full week.  The only change was the excitement I felt taking the first pill and figuring out where to put the patch.

I am climatizing myself to the patience needed for progress over months and years versus minutes and days ;)

Warm hugs,

Emma
I just found that my insurance removed all patches from their formulary.  Only estrodiol pills are on anymore.
Now my doc has to be convinced to prescribe pills!

What other pills are you taking?

I am taking finasteride for many years now, and just got estrogen added to this!

•  

Kirsteneklund7

Quote from: Emma1017 on November 09, 2018, 12:07:20 PM

Warm hugs,

Emma
How do you find quality of sleep at this stage Emma?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

As a child prayed to be a girl- now the prayer is being answered - 40 years later !
  •  

Emma1017

Hi Dietlind:  I am taking spiro in pill form and the patch.

Hi Kirsten: 

No real change in my sleep pattern. 

I inherited restless leg syndrome from my Mom.  I was tested for sleep apnea years ago. The technician registered 542 leg movements during the night.  The doctor told me that in his 25 years he has never a legs move that much.  Fortunately my wife and I share a king size bed.  I actually REM sleep around it.

Still no changes physically but my wife and I have started to admit that there is the "elephant" in the room.  Still lots of hugging and kissing so I will accept the important no verbal communications for what they are.

Hope everything is better for you.

Hugs,

Emma
  •  

Kirsteneklund7

Quote from: Emma1017 on November 10, 2018, 05:27:20 PM
Hi Dietlind:  I am taking spiro in pill form and the patch.

Hi Kirsten: 

No real change in my sleep pattern. 

I inherited restless leg syndrome from my Mom.  I was tested for sleep apnea years ago. The technician registered 542 leg movements during the night.  The doctor told me that in his 25 years he has never a legs move that much.  Fortunately my wife and I share a king size bed.  I actually REM sleep around it.

Still no changes physically but my wife and I have started to admit that there is the "elephant" in the room.  Still lots of hugging and kissing so I will accept the important no verbal communications for what they are.

Hope everything is better for you.

Hugs,

Emma
You may find a better nights sleep as HRT starts to bite. I found the added peace & serenity of HRT allowed better sleep. HRT helps from a wholistic perspective I think.

Yours truly,  Kirsten[emoji932]

As a child prayed to be a girl- now the prayer is being answered - 40 years later !
  •  

Kirsteneklund7

And yes I am doing very well thanks Emma.

•  

Emma1017

Hi Kirsten:

Aside from sleep I am looking to internal peace and affirmation that I have made the right choice.  Admittedly, I am in a better mood and I hope, as you have experienced, that the HRT is working and making a difference.

Really glad all is well,

Emma
  •  

christinej78

Quote from: Emma1017 on November 11, 2018, 11:12:25 AM
Hi Kirsten:

Aside from sleep I am looking to internal peace and affirmation that I have made the right choice.  Admittedly, I am in a better mood and I hope, as you have experienced, that the HRT is working and making a difference.

Really glad all is well,

Emma

Hi Emma,                             11 November 2018

You will be fine. On the 13th of this month I will be post orchie 7 months and on the 27th will be on HRT 8 months. I'm happier than I have ever been, Special thanks to someone special, sleep and pee better. I wouldn't go back for anything. Only regret, I didn't do this years ago. Wishing you and everyone here a Happy and smooth transition.

Best Always, Love
Chris

Veteran - US Navy                                       Arborist, rigger, climber, sawyer
Trans Woman 13 Apr 18                               LEO (Cop)
Living as female - 7 years                             Pilot
Start HRT san's AA's 27 March 2018              Mechanic
Borchiday completed Friday 13 Apr 2018        Engineer Multi Discipline
IT Management Consultant                            Programmer
Friend                                                          Bum, Bumett
Semi Retired                                                Still Enjoy Being a Kid, Refuse to Grow UP
Former Writer / Editor                                   Carpenter / Plumber / Electrician
Ex-Biker, Ex-Harley Driver                             Friend of a Coyote
Ex-Smoker 50 years and heading for 100
  •  

Emma1017

Thanks Chris. 

Its what I hope for.  Really glad you are happy.  You deserve it as do everyone on this site!

Hugs,

Emma
  •  

Linde

I have the patch on now for almost 4 days, and I feel nothing, not any change at all!  As I said before, I am on the highest dose of finastride for about 6 years now, but I do not feel any mood changes or any other of the side effects from that one either, it just solved my problem of blood in the urine.

I wonder whether the entire medication stuff manifests itself different with intersex people?

•  

Emma1017

The one thing I have heard over and over is "YMMV": "your mileage may vary". 

Each of us is amazingly different and the effects are all over the place.  You will only know when you know.
  •