News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Which hurts less

Started by Emma1017, August 24, 2018, 12:42:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emma1017

Thank you Moni. 

It is the warmth and shared support from people like you on this site that have gotten me through the most personal hell I have ever experience without my usual family and friend support network.

As you know it is brutally lonely until you find people who understand and share.

Hugs,

Emma
  •  

Zoey421

Hi Emma, i am just reading your thread now. I am 54 years old and came out transgender on November 14, 2018. My wife knows and we have been married 21 years and have two children,  20 and 15. She knew decades before I accepted my identity, although she thought I was gay. She was and is happy for me and knows that i suffered depression and anxiety for most of my life due to the gender dysphoria. That is the good news.

The bad news is we are divorcing. Coming out only accelerated a decision that was coming anyway. What is important is that both of us deserves to be happy. She wasn't happy. I wasn't happy. The marriage was broken. I ws t her to be happy and I can't give and support her what she needs. She didn't sign up to be married to a woman. I respect that.

You are still the loving person your wife married. A strong marriage can survive if not thrive becuse you accept your true self. There are many stories in the forum to support that. My story, unfortunately is not one of them

I found a new community and many people like you and me. All of us discovered out true selves during the seco d half of our life. I looking forward to  happier 2nd half of life even though it will be vastly different than the 1st half.

Each path is different. I hope you find a path that makes you happy with your true self.

Hugs Zoey

•  

Emma1017

Thanks Zoey:

It is a tough path.  The pleasure of this site is that we suddenly find we are not alone. 

We deserve that.  We have had a lifetime of shame, fear and anger and we deserve better.

I am happy that you are coming to peace with who you are.  While your relationship with your wife has changed, at least you indicated a respectful division.  I hope you both find happiness in your choices.

I am going slow with my HRT.  I am coming on my third month on low dose Estradiol and had to cut my spiro in half because it caused my potassium to spike.

I am doing all I can to preserve my relationship with my wife.  She is my soulmate.
This thread has been my battle between who I am and who I need to be to preserve my relationship.

I started this thread with the thought "which hurts less" and I am still not sure but I am trying everyday to find my solution.

Every time I kiss my wife, I am reminded of the strength of our love.

Every day I take my HRT medication I feel better inside.

My therapist keeps reminding me to process so that is what I must continue to do.

Hugs,

Emma
  •  

Zoey421

Hi Emma, thank you for your reply to my post. I am so glad to hear you have a loving relationship with your wife and you are seeing a therapist. Life is a process and our current journeys are a small, but vitally important, part of the process. One step at time. One day at a time. First, Believe in you. Second believe in everything else after you love and accept you. We have to love ourselves before we can love someone else.

Hug and kiss your wife and keep taking your hormones. You sound more positive in your last post and this is awesome. Tomorrow will be better.

Season's Greetings!!

Hugs Zoey
  •  

Emma1017

Best wishes to you Zoey and everyone else on this journey.  Hope is our strength.
  •  

Emma1017

To All:

We are all on our own journeys but we share common road marks and hazards.

I just hit my one year anniversary of when my panic attacks started out of no where.  I really thought a quick meeting with a therapist would just square me away....Wow how wrong was I! It started my journey and I never felt so alone when I started.

First, I want to thank the incredible people on this site that helped me in so many ways.  You are all the best.

A year later I know I am transgender and I have started HRT...and no more panic attacks.

I hope this thread helped others as much as the sharing has helped me.

The road ahead for me is still as confusing as ever but I have greater confidence now that I will find a way than I did a year ago.

Thanks and Hugs,

Emma
  •  

Anjanette Miranda

Quote from: Emma1017 on October 18, 2018, 09:53:22 AM
ok I feel I owe everyone a big update. 

I celebrated my birthday yesterday by starting to take prescribed finasteride (still waiting for the appointment with the endocrinologist) and I had some one help me with my make up and outfit.  We then went for a walk to my therapist.  She immediately hugged me and said that it was so, so nice to see ME finally.  I cried and smiled at the same time.

It is life changing.  It absolutely confirmed who I am and I can't stop smiling. 

Sadly, this did not include my wife but I intend to change that this week and do everything I can to keep us together.  I now have the confidence to share with her what is real in my life and not some obsessive mental disorder that can be medicated.

I want to thank everyone for helping me purge the shame, embarrassment and loneliness I have felt until I finally started to share on this message board.

You are all unbelievable!

Major hugs,

Emma

Hi
I know this is late or let me wish you an early  Happy birthday  for 2019.
You can do this you need to do it for Emma.  And everyone in your life will be better for it.

AJ
  •  

Emma1017

Thanks AJ I will welcome every birthday and every birthday wish, regardless of when in the year they are given.
  •  

Emma1017

I just posted this on a different thread but it touched me so deeply that I wanted to put here in the thread I am using to share my own personal journey.

As I have become more accepting that I am transgender over the past year I have have come to appreciate the incredible courage we all have against a massive wall social rejection.

I ran across a new article today talking about a NETFLIX film called GIRL about Nora Monsecour, a trans female dancer from Belgium.  It has created a lot of controversy and I don't want to get into any debate about that. 

What impressed me was the interview given by the actual trans dancer, Nora Monsecour a few weeks ago.  It made me proud of who I am and I hope you feel the same.

"Those criticizing Girl are preventing another trans story from being shared in the world, and are also attempting to silence me and my trans identity," Monsecour wrote, in part. "Every day, I see young, transgender people fighting for their dreams, accomplishing their goals. They are not weak and fragile. Girl tells my story in a way that doesn't lie, doesn't hide. To argue that Lara's experience as trans is not valid because the director, Lukas Dhont is cis or because we have a cis lead actor offends me."

"I made it through my darkest, most challenging times," she continued. "I am a professional dancer and a unique, brave, strong woman that knows exactly who she is and what she wants. Now, I can proudly say that I am transgender. I faced my challenges and my naysayers head-on and did not back down from my convictions. I will do the same to support this film, my friend Lukas, and this story."

"I spent countless hours focusing on my internal demons and feeling betrayed by my physical body," she added. "What hurt me the most was not the people who bullied me, who put me down, who didn't want me to succeed. What caused me the most turmoil was myself and my thoughts. In Girl, these thoughts became an important part of Lara's psyche too. I'm thankful to the team at Ghent Hospital, who helped me throughout my treatment, and consulted closely with Lukas on the film to ensure we were accurate. This was integral in developing the character of Lara."

Monsecour also defended the final scenes of Girl, though she clarified they weren't part of her real story.  "We made a film with some hard, honest scenes," she wrote. "Scenes that might be disturbing to watch, but that are crucial to show. I do not want to sugarcoat my experiences or hide away my darkest thoughts. I shouldn't have to — they are real and not uncommon in the trans community. Though my story does not include this final event, it's a thought that lingered in my mind every day."

I hope I haven't over-stepped myself for sharing it here.  I was just inspired by her courage and conviction.  I need to internalize it in my heart.

Emma
  •  

Linde

Emma, this film was a very great hit in Germany, not only in the trans community, but all across the country.  Germany, of course, is a little more advanced in this area, because it has an official law now that a third gender (different) has to be recognized by all authorities!

I don't know whether we will be able to see this movie here in this country, I hope so very much we will!
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

Emma1017

NETFLIX has it coming out January 18.
  •  

Linde

Quote from: Emma1017 on January 06, 2019, 05:26:36 PM
NETFLIX has it coming out January 18.
Don't have Netflix, i have to wait until it comes to Amazon Prime

•  

Emma1017

I am having one of those really bad transgender blues day.

I feel like I am in a constant battle with myself whether I really need to transition or not.

I look in the mirror and just don't see it.  I had hoped that starting HRT would be the swing vote to convince me that transitioning was the right answer. Although I feel better, it hasn't been the awakening call I had hoped for.  I realize that it's only three months since I started HRT.

There are times now when I really feel that I don't want to transition and then I touch the hormone patch and
just smile.

I really wish I could commit one way or another.  I just don't see the middle ground as an answer.

We are all dealing with stuff so I am sorry to be venting like this.  I had no place to go with this. 

Thanks,

Emma
  •  

Joanne ONeal

Emma,
We all have days like that! It will soon pass. As you may know, I began week 3 on my patch. I know what you mean by touching the patch and feeling a sense of joy. Has your wife noticed a personality change since you started HRT?

Mine has and she is quite happy with the change so far. I did have a little set back. The 2x per day spiro seems to bother my stomach. I cut it back to once a day to see if that will help. But, so far I am very happy to have started HRT.

Hugs,
Joanne
  •  

Emma1017

You know Joanne this is the closest I will get to girlfriends.

Thank you for responding.  I had to reduce my spiro by half because my potassium spiked.

I binged on pizza and wine tonight so I will pre-apologize for sounding like a jerk.  I am getting my ass kicked.  I had to talk to a doctor today because I have to commit my older brother.  I had to deal today with my Mom who at 90 years old has cancer and no memory...and I just want to cry.

This gender dysphoria is just cruel and i am tired of hurting all the time.  no one one, even my wife knows of the pain.

God I am just so sad.

Sorry this isn't far but the loneliness if just killing me.  Gotta go
  •  

Alice V

@Emma1017
Hey Emma
You in right place to go with it, you don't have to apologize.
It's a huge change in your life, and it is ok to feel doubts. I'd suggest to remember what brougth you here in first place, think about proc and cons of both transition and non-transition, and then ask yourself what way you'd like to go.
I'm doing pretty same right now :)
"Don't try and blame me for your sins,
For the sun has burn me black.
Your hollow lives, this world in which we live -
I hurl it back."©Bruce Dickinson

My place
  •  

Emma1017

I just can't stop crying
  •  

Linde

Quote from: Emma1017 on January 08, 2019, 06:58:18 PM
I just can't stop crying
Let your emotions flow out!  Crying is healthy and liberating!  Think about how much of a woman you became already!  A man would not be able to cry about this, a woman is allowed to cry!

Cry your sadness out, and tomorrow will be another day with fresh sunshine!

Hugs
Linde

•  

Emma1017

•  

Joanne ONeal

Emma,

Since I came out to my wife 2 years ago, I have had many days of sorrow like you are experiencing. I have found that going out in the world helps. The friends I have made in our "community" are amazing. I look forward to going to our monthly support group meeting, the going to a coffee shop for the meeting after the meeting. I find the same support here on this forum.

My mother is in an assisted living facility at the age of 94. She is not the same person anymore. So I understand the stress your dealing with.

I wish we were near one another. I would meet you for coffee!

Hang in there!

Hugs, Joanne
  •