News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Which hurts less

Started by Emma1017, August 24, 2018, 12:42:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emma1017

Major Emotional Update:

I have decided 100% that I am transitioning.  I am making an absolute commitment (I like that I chose International Womens Day to make this decision).

My next decision is how.

I need one year to present male.  I have already started HRT and laser.  I start with a voice coach next month.  I have someone teaching me make up.  I don't want to increase the HRT until September.

Am I missing anything? 

Thank you all for getting me here.

Hugs,

Emma
  •  

Paige

Quote from: Emma1017 on March 08, 2019, 11:18:20 AM
Major Emotional Update:

I have decided 100% that I am transitioning.  I am making an absolute commitment (I like that I chose International Womens Day to make this decision).

My next decision is how.

I need one year to present male.  I have already started HRT and laser.  I start with a voice coach next month.  I have someone teaching me make up.  I don't want to increase the HRT until September.

Am I missing anything? 

Hugs,

Emma

Congratulations Emma.  All the best on your journey to become your real self.

Paige :)
  •  

Linde

Major Emotional Update:

My next decision is how.

Am I missing anything? 

Hugs,

Emma
I wonder if the voice coach is the right thing at this time.  If you want to present as a male for one more year, speaking like one a lot of times may be counterproductive?
Now that I don't slip into the male role anymore, it seems to be way easier for me to maintain my female voice for the entire day.
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

Emma1017

Thank you Paige for your thoughts and good wishes.  I really appreciate them.

The two things I have been told that takes a long time is facial hair removal and voice training.  I figure that I can get my voice accessed so I know what I need to do.  I have to wait on the electrolysis for my face.
  •  

Linde

Quote from: Emma1017 on March 08, 2019, 12:38:27 PM
Thank you Paige for your thoughts and good wishes.  I really appreciate them.

The two things I have been told that takes a long time is facial hair removal and voice training.  I figure that I can get my voice accessed so I know what I need to do.  I have to wait on the electrolysis for my face.
I can't say anything to the voice stuff, because I have a naturally high pitch voice.
But electrolysis seems to take a while.  I had one session so far, and one can hardly see any results.  I think with that speed, you can look manly for quite a while, and sport that 5 o'clock shadow ( if you ever had one)

•  

GinaG

Major Emotional Update:

My next decision is how.

Am I missing anything? 

Hugs,

Emma

Emma.  Hugs to you.  Such a journey to here.  I got a big smile. 

I am starting the hair stuff too.  Seeing a doctor next wee. 

Such wonderful comments on this thread. They have helped me too.

Bless you all.

Gina
  •  

KimOct

Major Emotional Update:

My next decision is how.

Am I missing anything? 

Hugs,

Emma

YAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I try not to predict if someone will transition or say IF they should.  I only advocate for courage, truth and living authentically.  That said - I kind of saw this one coming.  :D ;D

I am so happy for you that you are at this place.  It will tough, sad, happy and rewarding and at the end of the day a fulfilling experience.  We will be here for you.

I like that you have a plan.  I had a plan too.  It is a good starting point and motivating.  The plan will probably evolve but you need one to get started.

Regarding the electro - my suggestion is go for a couple of appointments and see how it is.  They work on very small areas per visit.  It is only noticeable for a couple of hours and is just a red blotch.  And it takes FOREVER.  100 to 300 hours total.  Get started.  Nobody will be able to tell.

Unless of course you do the mass clearing nightmare that I post my pics of in the skin care thread.  YIKES !!

I am so happy for you and proud of your courage.

Huge HUG
The first transphobe you have to conquer is yourself
  •  

Emma1017

Thanks Gina and Kim.  It's still baby steps but it felt really good.
  •  

HappyMoni

Lol come on Kim, we all know you badgered Emma until she finally gave in. As for you Emma, never look Kim directly in the eyes or you are done for. She said something about me being smart, I'm not buying it. It's a trick I tell you! :P

Soooooooo, you know by now Emma, I am gonna have a question, right? If you want to share, (maybe I missed this in the thread) why do you need to present male for a year? Is it time to prepare? Is it time to do a specific task, tie up loose ends?

I will say that the indecision is really a tough thing to deal with. If you have made up your mind, I am very happy for you. I really am in awe of the strength it takes to not transition. My good friend and I went through our journeys at the same time. I transitioned, she didn't. For me, I could see my progress even with all the trials and tribulations I faced. She was on HRT which helped her a lot, but because of loyalty to people in her life, she was always kind of caged, limited in what she could do. I know she wanted more. So, if you have decided to transition, consider that just maybe it is the easier path in important ways. At any rate, I'm excited for you.

As for your diving, wow that's crazy stuff. I think you have a good attitude about it. If you did it and enjoyed it, that's awesome. Sounds like you were thinking of scaling down due to age? One chapter closes, one chapter begins. You might get a similar adrenaline rush from all your transition 'firsts.'
Moni
If I ever offend you, let me know. It's not what I am about.
"Never let the dark kill your light!"  (SailorMars)

HRT June 11, 2015. (new birthday) - FFS in late June 2016. (Dr. _____=Ugh!) - Full time June 18, 2016 (Yeah! finally) - GCS June 27, 2017. (McGinn=Yeah!) - Under Eye repair from FFS 8/17/17 - Nose surgery-November 20, 2017 (Dr. Papel=Yeah) - Hair Transplant on June 21, 2018 (Dr. Cooley-yeah) - Breast Augmentation on July 10, 2018 (Dr. Basner in Baltimore) - Removed bad scarring from FFS surgery near ears and hairline in August, 2018 (Dr. Papel) -Sept. 2018, starting a skin regiment on face with Retin A  April 2019 -repairing neck scar from FFS

]
  •  

Emma1017

Hi Moni.  Kim said something about cash payments if I came out...Something about winning a bet with you... ;)

The diving retirement just coincided with transitioning.  Still a hard part of letting go.

The one year commitment is so my son can take over my practice.  Coming out could damage the business.

I think the most compelling argument was death by a thousand cuts.  I could handle taking the bullet for my wife but not a lifetime of continuous pain.  I know that I am not heroic enough for that. 
  •  

Emma1017

I just started to think about what I wrote earlier today and I just started to cry.

Wow I am just happy.  Hugs, Emma
  •  

HappyMoni

Quote from: Emma1017 on March 08, 2019, 07:49:27 PM
I just started to think about what I wrote earlier today and I just started to cry.

Wow I am just happy.  Hugs, Emma

Don't worry, we'll call off the bet, don't cry!  Well, happy tears allowed.

HRT June 11, 2015. (new birthday) - FFS in late June 2016. (Dr. _____=Ugh!) - Full time June 18, 2016 (Yeah! finally) - GCS June 27, 2017. (McGinn=Yeah!) - Under Eye repair from FFS 8/17/17 - Nose surgery-November 20, 2017 (Dr. Papel=Yeah) - Hair Transplant on June 21, 2018 (Dr. Cooley-yeah) - Breast Augmentation on July 10, 2018 (Dr. Basner in Baltimore) - Removed bad scarring from FFS surgery near ears and hairline in August, 2018 (Dr. Papel) -Sept. 2018, starting a skin regiment on face with Retin A  April 2019 -repairing neck scar from FFS

]
  •  

Emma1017

Thanks Moni.  I won't cash the check....but really sappy happy tears ;D
  •  

KimOct

First - Moni and Emma - you two are hilarious  :D ;D   I work on commission recruiting MtF transitioners.  It is a plot hatched by the far left LGBTQIA community.

Ok - before I started trying to be funny I was getting teary eyed.  I don't know why your story has been so compelling because I have read hundreds of them but it just is.

YAY !!! :eusa_clap:
  •  

Emma1017

I was thinking this morning about all of this (what a surprise) and this highly appropriate thought crossed my mind:

It takes more balls to be the woman I am than to be the man I am trying to be.

T shirts for Trans Pride Day?
  •  

KimOct

Kinda long for a T shirt - but if you are going for 'attitude' how about - 'it takes balls to be a transwoman'

And it would take 'balls' to wear that T shirt.  :D

I am trying to stay awake for 2 days straight in order to flip from a night work schedule to a day work schedule therefore I take no responsibility for my comments over the next 48 hours.  ;D
  •  

HappyMoni

Quote from: KimOct on March 09, 2019, 05:56:24 AM
:D ;D   I work on commission recruiting MtF transitioners.  It is a plot hatched by the far left LGBTQIA community.

Ok - before I started trying to be funny I was getting teary eyed.  I don't know why your story has been so compelling because I have read hundreds of them but it just is.

YAY !!! :eusa_clap:

Don't let her fool you Gina, now that Kim has Emma signed up, she will be after you. Run for your life.
Moni

]
  •  

KimOct

Quote from: HappyMoni on March 09, 2019, 03:31:58 PM
Don't let her fool you Gina, now that Kim has Emma signed up, she will be after you. Run for your life.
Moni

Muhahahaha  Look into my eyes my pretty.   :D
  •  

Linde

It takes so much balls to become a woman, I lost mine during the process!!  :(

•  

christinej78

Quote from: Dietlind on March 08, 2019, 08:45:41 AM
I Found that the world out there is way more understanding and accepting than I was afraid they would.  Those who don't, are not worth the while to be our friends anyway!

Hi Linde,                         09 March 2019

All I can say is "Amen."

Vicky got her new monocle installed today.

Best Always, love
Christine
Veteran - US Navy                                       Arborist, rigger, climber, sawyer
Trans Woman 13 Apr 18                               LEO (Cop)
Living as female - 7 years                             Pilot
Start HRT san's AA's 27 March 2018              Mechanic
Borchiday completed Friday 13 Apr 2018        Engineer Multi Discipline
IT Management Consultant                            Programmer
Friend                                                          Bum, Bumett
Semi Retired                                                Still Enjoy Being a Kid, Refuse to Grow UP
Former Writer / Editor                                   Carpenter / Plumber / Electrician
Ex-Biker, Ex-Harley Driver                             Friend of a Coyote
Ex-Smoker 50 years and heading for 100
  •