Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Trans Nightclubs

Started by MissyMay2.0, August 25, 2018, 11:58:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MissyMay2.0

Some of us like to go to trans nightclubs, and some of us do not, so this thread is intended for those who do! 

I'm not a drinker, but I like to visit establishments (*nightclubs*) that cater to the trans community just to socialize, especially when I'm traveling. Me and my husband were in Los Angeles a few days ago, so we decided to visit Hamburger Mary's in Long Beach on Tuesday for TGirl Nights, but unfortunately the drive from our hotel near LAX to Long Beach was so stressful, that we only stayed at Hamburger Mary's for literally 5-10 minutes, before deciding to drive back to our hotel before all of the drunk drivers were on the road! We're planning to go back in a few months (for a first Saturday of the month TGirl Nights event), but this time we're going to fly into Long Beach airport and stay local. 

I live in Arizona and the most popular Trans Nightclub in Phoenix is Cruising 7th; what clubs are popular in your area?
  •  

Julia1996

I didn't know they had trans nightclubs. Interesting.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

HappyMoni

I am sometimes very naive and this is one of those times. So I will ask from genuine interest what happens at a trans nightclub. Is it a place to drink with a staff of trans people. Is it a general party place where a lot of trans or other LGB folks hand out, or is it a place where guys come to pick up trans women, or a combination of all? I think I would like to go even though I am not usually a bar person and I am not a young hottie or anything. Could anyone enlighten me?
If I ever offend you, let me know. It's not what I am about.
"Never let the dark kill your light!"  (SailorMars)

HRT June 11, 2015. (new birthday) - FFS in late June 2016. (Dr. _____=Ugh!) - Full time June 18, 2016 (Yeah! finally) - GCS June 27, 2017. (McGinn=Yeah!) - Under Eye repair from FFS 8/17/17 - Nose surgery-November 20, 2017 (Dr. Papel=Yeah) - Hair Transplant on June 21, 2018 (Dr. Cooley-yeah) - Breast Augmentation on July 10, 2018 (Dr. Basner in Baltimore) - Removed bad scarring from FFS surgery near ears and hairline in August, 2018 (Dr. Papel) -Sept. 2018, starting a skin regiment on face with Retin A  April 2019 -repairing neck scar from FFS

]
  •  

Julia1996

Quote from: HappyMoni on August 25, 2018, 12:19:27 PM
I am sometimes very naive and this is one of those times. So I will ask from genuine interest what happens at a trans nightclub. Is it a place to drink with a staff of trans people. Is it a general party place where a lot of trans or other LGB folks hand out, or is it a place where guys come to pick up trans women, or a combination of all? I think I would like to go even though I am not usually a bar person and I am not a young hottie or anything. Could anyone enlighten me?

I was wondering the same thing.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

MissyMay2.0

Yes, it's all of this 😊
  •  

GingerVicki

Unfortunately there are not bars or nightclubs that cater to trans individuals where I am at. We do have gay bars. We have the Max here which is an amazing club. https://www.themaxomaha.com/ I may be a bit biased, because I loved working there in the 20's.

Saturday is too crowded and shows are usually on Sunday.

•  

Megan.

I can't speak from experience,  but Pink Punters in Milton Keynes, UK is a great LGBT club venue with a strong trans* presence. Different rooms with different music to taste, and with good levels of security to keep everyone safe and happy.

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk
  •  

MissyMay2.0

Quote from: gingerViktorKay on August 25, 2018, 12:43:36 PM
Unfortunately there are not bars or nightclubs that cater to trans individuals where I am at. We do have gay bars. We have the Max here which is an amazing club. https://www.themaxomaha.com/ I may be a bit biased, because I loved working there in the 20's

Saturday is too crowded and shows are usually on Sunday.
Some people look younger from HRT, but you have taken it to a whole new level! 😀
  •  

MissyMay2.0

Quote from: Megan. on August 25, 2018, 01:08:36 PM
I can't speak from experience,  but Pink Punters in Milton Keynes, UK is a great LGBT club venue with a strong trans* presence. Different rooms with different music to taste, and with good levels of security to keep everyone safe and happy.

That sounds fun!
  •  

Devlyn

The Dark Lady in Providence, Rhode Island, Jacque's in downtown Boston, and Bobby's Place in Taunton, MA.
  •  

Megan.

Quote from: MissyMay2.0 on August 25, 2018, 01:15:12 PM
That sounds fun!
I might try to organise a get-together there as a follow up to the Birmingham meetup in September.

•  

GingerVicki

Quote from: MissyMay2.0 on August 25, 2018, 01:14:24 PM
Some people look younger from HRT, but you have taken it to a whole new level! 😀

Thanks.
  •  

DawnOday

https://www.google.com/search?q=lgbtq+friendly+business+guides

Here is the search page for LGBTQ friendly business guides which includes Arizona, Louisville, Italy, Copenhagen, San Diego, Wash DC, San Francisco, Palm Springs. Hawaii, Albuquerque, Beijing, Salt Lake City, Staten Island, Charlotte, Milwaukee, Berlin, Sacramento, Wisconson, Austin, NYC and more,  Scroll through to find an area near you. Now these are business guides so you may have to check out Restaurants and bars amongst the other businesses.
Dawn Oday

It just feels right   :icon_hug: :icon_hug: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss:

If you have a a business or service that supports our community please submit for our Links Page.

First indication I was different- 1956 kindergarten
First crossdress - Asked mother to dress me in sisters costumes  Age 7
First revelation - 1982 to my present wife
First time telling the truth in therapy June 15, 2016
Start HRT Aug 2016
First public appearance 5/15/17

•  

DawnOday

Missy.. There are several places in Las Vegas. Check out the "Fruit loop" Sorry that's what its called. It's a couple blocks of LGBTQ night clubs. https://lasvegasweekly.com/news/2015/sep/17/fruit-loop-gay-vegas-bars-clubs/

Seattle has a whole district in Capital Hill that caters to LGBTQ look for the rainbows in the windows. There are clubs, restaurants, and coffee houses and business that are trans friendly. It is one of the most entertaining areas of the city. 

Look for places around universities as many have LGBTQ support groups and I'm sure they go out, from time to time.
Dawn Oday

It just feels right   :icon_hug: :icon_hug: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss:

If you have a a business or service that supports our community please submit for our Links Page.

First indication I was different- 1956 kindergarten
First crossdress - Asked mother to dress me in sisters costumes  Age 7
First revelation - 1982 to my present wife
First time telling the truth in therapy June 15, 2016
Start HRT Aug 2016
First public appearance 5/15/17

•  

MaryT

It probably isn't a trans nightclub pers se but the Sun Hotel on Sunbridge Road, Bradford, UK, advertises drag events and has a reputation for being LGBT friendly.  I've never been in yet, though.
  •  

Devlyn

I am sometimes very naive and this is one of those times. So I will ask from genuine interest what happens at a trans nightclub. Is it a place to drink with a staff of trans people. Is it a general party place where a lot of trans or other LGB folks hand out, or is it a place where guys and gals, and everything in between come to pick up trans women, trans men, and everything in between or a combination of all? I think I would like to go even though I am not usually a bar person and I am not a young hottie or anything. Could anyone enlighten me?

Yes.  :)

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

MissyMay2.0

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. Getting personal recommendations is a lot better than an internet search, plus I'm interested in how many forum members like to go; and feel free to include your personal experiences as well! I'm planning to check out Divas in San Francisco when I go, I think they have 3 levels of fun there, and I also want to visit Asia SF😊
  •  

Megan.

Quote from: MissyMay2.0 on August 25, 2018, 07:16:29 PM
Thanks for the suggestions everyone. Getting personal recommendations is a lot better than an internet search, plus I'm interested in how many forum members like to go; and feel free to include your personal experiences as well! I'm planning to check out Divas in San Francisco when I go, I think they have 3 levels of fun there, and I also want to visit Asia SF[emoji4]

In answer to going out. No not really, I've never yet been in any LGBT bar or club. I'm more of a home-girl, or like a chat over lunch or dinner in a nice country pub.

I did the clubbing thing in my student days, so I'm not against it. [emoji846]

•  

Allison S

I think trans clubs could be fun. The one here I've been to had a lot of girls with extravagant outfits... I don't think I fit in at all and I don't have any surgeries so my appearance is very different from the rest too... But it was a new experience, I guess it was alright lol

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

•  

GingerVicki

Quote from: Allison S on August 26, 2018, 06:13:48 AM
I think trans clubs could be fun. The one here I've been to had a lot of girls with extravagant outfits... I don't think I fit in at all and I don't have any surgeries so my appearance is very different from the rest too... But it was a new experience, I guess it was alright lol

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

I'm too conservative. I don't like being flashy. I don't like drawing attention. I just want to blend in. I guess this makes me kinda boring, but I don't want to go out and attract possibly negative attention.
  •