Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

electrolysis

Started by GingerVicki, August 31, 2018, 12:33:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GingerVicki

Does anyone have an estimate on how many facial hairs can be zapped in an hour? I estimate that I have about 100 hairs that need death by electrocution.
  •  

Kendra

Once my electrologist gets going I've timed her at roughly 15 roots per minute using Apilus thermo-electrolysis hardware.  She doesn't really take a break during an hour or two.  But she sees waaay more than I do - she has sharp eyes, a 10x magnifier and lighting designed for this type of work.  I've gone in there for a couple dozen hairs and she finds a few hundred.

The really nice thing is once the larger roots are eliminated, it's not just visible stubble that's gone - the skin is so much smoother and looks different without all those roots below the surface.  Skin is slightly translucent. 
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

GingerVicki

...a couple hundred!!! I guess I will probably be buying the 2 hour package for $120.

I can hardly wait until the days when I wake up and there are no hairs on my upper lip or chin. Or only a couple that tweezers can handle.
  •  

Virginia

Quote from: Kendra on August 31, 2018, 12:47:11 PMThe really nice thing is once the larger roots are eliminated, it's not just visible stubble that's gone - the skin is so much smoother and looks different without all those roots below the surface. 
Much as with laser hair removal, the micro damage caused by electrolysis stimulates collagen growth, promoting vibrant, healthy, youthful skin.
~VA (pronounced Vee- Aye, the abbreviation for the State of Virginia where I live)
  •  

GingerVicki

Quote from: Virginia on August 31, 2018, 01:02:52 PM
Much as with laser hair removal, the micro damage caused by electrolysis stimulates collagen growth, promoting vibrant, healthy, youthful skin.

That sounds good to me. I've had about 10 laser sessions and it does take the years off.
  •  

Virginia

Electrolysis is not a once and done procedure. Hair must be at the right point in its growth cycle to be effective and may take several treatments to reduce to vellum or eliminate. Also, other hair in its dormant phase will not be visible during treatment. For this reason, eve after clearing. it requires many sessions over time to treat all the hair in an area.
~VA (pronounced Vee- Aye, the abbreviation for the State of Virginia where I live)
  •