Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Any experience with Dr. Paul Weiss in NY?

Started by Fadeuhhway, August 31, 2018, 10:22:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fadeuhhway

My insurance restriction is up in a few days, meaning I can finally make a consultation with a top surgery doc. I heard from my clinic where I get my HRT from that he's one of the few in NY that takes Medicaid. I made sure he takes my HMO (Healthfirst)and i want to get my top done real soon. I know for a fact since my weight in that area is so much that I'll need a DI. I haven't seen much info on this doc, only two guys posted their post op pics and stories and they were good. I cant afford out of pocket for any good well-known doc like Garramore and my dysphoria is so bad I need to get this done soon. Ive waited 2 years to get my insurance sorted .

So anyone met/had FTM top surgery  (since he does MTF too) with him?
1st T shot: July 16th, 2013

<10.14.10> :-*
  •  

SWNID

I met him five years ago when I went with my friend for his top surgery. He is very nice and professional, explained everything very patiently both before surgery and post op recovery. Personally I do not prefer his aesthetic result but my friend is ok with it. But that was also not a DI nor keyhole, but something in between that I rarely see any other surgeon does.
One thing you might want to check is if your insurance will cover 100% of the cost. I remembered his price being higher than most surgeons, as he is located in NYC.
  •  

Fadeuhhway

Thanks, I was hoping to find someone in NYC (since I live there) and when the clinic I get my shots at gave me the list of the surgeons that fully cover in NYC and it was between him and another surgeon (I forgot their name). When i did research I couldnt find testimonials from either but at least Weiss had a site where he explains the surgeries he does (with some pictures)

The one thing I felt weird about is he had a bunch of different tabs for MTG surgeries like breast augmentation, implants, etc but one tab was just FTM and it said he only did DI top surgery. It wasn't as detailed and made me feel he had less experience. Ive visited the site several times in the last 4 years or so and finally after the two year restriction on my insurance is lifting....I tried to find the site and now its been taken over by a legal firm literally named Paul, Weiss and (some other name) . They took his literal homepage. So im def feeling eh. I just really need a doc who takes Medicaid and Healthfirst as an HMO and covers most if not all. I cant (and won't for a long time) be able to afford it and my dysphoria is getting worse. Especially since I keep gaining weight and it all goes to my top -__-
1st T shot: July 16th, 2013

<10.14.10> :-*
  •