Main Menu

Donica's She Shed

Started by Donica, September 01, 2018, 11:25:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faith

@Donica
And I was thinking, "that should be Donica's profile picture". And behold :D

Very nice :)
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

Laurie

Glad to see you out and about as yourself supporting our community.

Good job. I hope the makeup session is a good help for you.

Hugs,
  Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Jessica

Quote from: Donica on September 19, 2018, 04:21:32 PM
New update. Many of you may already know about all the new changes and coverages this year that Kaiser provides for the transgender community. I think the only thing that isn't covered now is a voice feminization surgery. One for the changes that isn't so great is that they will no longer approve for GRS pre-op hair removal until at least one year in RLE. And of course, along with all the rest of the normal requirements. Apparently not even filing a formal grievance with member services will help anymore. My electrolysis is telling me it could take up to a year to prep for GRS. So it's looking like almost two years before I can get a GRS. I can only guess that this has something to do with handling all the new coverages they now offer? It's probable that I will have to wait the extra time to get a surgery date anyway?

Bummed!
Donica.

But Kaiser does cover voice therapy, and they way things change, I wouldn't doubt surgery will soon be added.

Hugs and smiles from a California girl

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

Donica

Thank you Danielle, Faith, Laurie and Jessica for all your warm and encouraging comments. I had a great time and I didn't feel the least bit out of place. This morning I went to a free makeup clinic. I learned a lot of tricks and things  about makeup. One important lessen, I need to go with a eye liner pencil instead of a ink/gel type. As you can see, My upper eyelids overhang my eyelashes a bit and the ink/gel type smears before it dries. When I close my eye's I look like a raccoon lol. I think I would like a more burgundy color lipstick too. Well, what can I say? It was my first attemped at a full makeover. I'm not sure which one I like better? The before? or the after? I may post this in the before and after forum. I'll let you be the judge.

Hugs,
Donica.
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

KathyLauren

Hi, Donica.  I see what you are talking about with the eyeliner and lipstick, but I do prefer the 'after'.  You look good.

I've never tried gel or ink eyeliner.  Maybe I should.  I have tried the pencil type, but I can't really get the pencil to 'write', so the effect is very understated.  I probably should do a makeover so I can learn what the heck I am doing. ;)
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Donica

Quote from: KathyLauren on September 23, 2018, 03:39:52 PM
Hi, Donica.  I see what you are talking about with the eyeliner and lipstick, but I do prefer the 'after'.  You look good.

I've never tried gel or ink eyeliner.  Maybe I should.  I have tried the pencil type, but I can't really get the pencil to 'write', so the effect is very understated.  I probably should do a makeover so I can learn what the heck I am doing. ;)

I think your right about the eyeliner pencil Kathy. The last time I used one, I almost poked my eye out trying to get it to write. The nice thing about he ink/gel type is that it's a color stay type that won't run when it dries. I could add some eyeshadow to help hide the smear. I understand they have a remover that works well too. I'll have to do some experimentation with it.
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

Donica

It's been another hectic week. I had my initial consultation with Dr. Kim for FFS yesterday. He took a few more pictures and ask what I wanted done. Hair line, forehead and brow ridges, raise the eyebrows and fix my upper eyelids because they sag. He said the bags under my eyes would be cosmetic but he said he would talk to the board and get it covered too. Rhinoplastic, Raise upper lip, jaw line and chin. He ordered a CT scan and will present my case to the board some time next week. If he can't get the board to cover my under eye bags, it will cost me $3170. Some things are a must and some things may not help or even turnout worse. It's all still up to the board just who much they will do.

I was very pleased with my consultation and Dr. Kim was very nice and friendly and explained everything in great detail. I am very happy and can't wait to get this behind me.

Hugs,
Donica.
  •  

Faith

Quote... can't wait to get this behind me ...

Oh, getting that worked on too? :D

Sorry, I'm in a mood today.

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Donica on September 27, 2018, 08:24:51 AM
It's been another hectic week. I had my initial consultation with Dr. Kim for FFS yesterday. He took a few more pictures and ask what I wanted done. Hair line, forehead and brow ridges, raise the eyebrows and fix my upper eyelids because they sag. He said the bags under my eyes would be cosmetic but he said he would talk to the board and get it covered too. Rhinoplastic, Raise upper lip, jaw line and chin. He ordered a CT scan and will present my case to the board some time next week. If he can't get the board to cover my under eye bags, it will cost me $3170. Some things are a must and some things may not help or even turnout worse. It's all still up to the board just who much they will do.

I was very pleased with my consultation and Dr. Kim was very nice and friendly and explained everything in great detail. I am very happy and can't wait to get this behind me.

Hugs,
Donica.

@Donica
Dear Donica:
Well now, all of this sounds like terrific news.   I can only imagine how excited you are to finally get your consultation and to explore your FFS possibilities.  Please continue to keep your followers updated about your next action regarding your proposed proceedure.

Thanks for your posting and update.
I am happy for you and wishing you well as always,
Hugs,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

Donica

Quote from: Faith on September 27, 2018, 08:33:32 AM
Oh, getting that worked on too? :D

Sorry, I'm in a mood today.

Haha Faith! I wish. Unfortunately there isn't much to work with back there ;D.
  •  

Donica

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on September 28, 2018, 01:08:10 AM
@Donica
Dear Donica:
Well now, all of this sounds like terrific news.   I can only imagine how excited you are to finally get your consultation and to explore your FFS possibilities.  Please continue to keep your followers updated about your next action regarding your proposed proceedure.

Thanks for your posting and update.
I am happy for you and wishing you well as always,
Hugs,
Danielle

Thank you Danielle! You are always so warm and encouraging. It may be a month before I here back from the FFS team. I will update everyone as soon as I here from them.

Meanwhile, my voice feminization therapy and FHR (HNT) is well under way. One VFT session every two weeks and 2 to 4 hours of FHR per week. Yay!!!

I love your new avatar. You have such a beautiful and bright smile. Your smile is very powerful. It can brighten anyone's day.

Warm hugs girl!
Donica.
  •  

Faith

Quote from: Donica on September 28, 2018, 09:23:23 AM
Haha Faith! I wish. Unfortunately there isn't much to work with back there ;D.

:(

I've always had a small, flattish, male butt. Wednesday I put on some jeans, they fit more snug than I remembered. I showed my wife and she said, "You've got a girls butt, that's why"

Woo, time to revisit those 'too loose' jeans for me

OH, anyway, things may change in that department for you as well.

•  

steph2.0

Quote from: Faith on September 28, 2018, 09:50:54 AM

I've always had a small, flattish, male butt. Wednesday I put on some jeans, they fit more snug than I remembered. I showed my wife and she said, "You've got a girls butt, that's why"

Oh yes, things definitely change in that area. I'm not sure about the butt for me, but the thighs! When wearing a skirt or dress, the chafing can get to be a real problem. Thankfully I discovered "slip shorts" which are a bit like long-legged underwear. They go halfway to my knees and take care of the chafing. Quite comfortable, too.

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Donica

Quote from: Faith on September 28, 2018, 09:50:54 AM

Yes Faith! I seem to be getting one of those too. But it's sure taking it's time getting here lol. Be sure to thank your wife for her wonderful comment.

Hugs girl!
Donica.
  •  

Donica

Quote from: Steph2.0 on September 28, 2018, 10:10:41 AM
Oh yes, things definitely change in that area. I'm not sure about the butt for me, but the thighs! When wearing a skirt or dress, the chafing can get to be a real problem. Thankfully I discovered "slip shorts" which are a bit like long-legged underwear. They go halfway to my knees and take care of the chafing. Quite comfortable, too.

Stephanie

Me too Steph! My thighs are growing must faster than my butt. I do hope my backside catches up soon. Thank God for stretchy jeans.

Hugs Steph!
Donica.
  •  

Faith

Quote from: Donica on September 28, 2018, 10:22:55 AM
Yes Faith! I seem to be getting one of those too. But it's sure taking it's time getting here lol. Be sure to thank your wife for her wonderful comment.

Hugs girl!
Donica.

HAH, I think my big grin took care of that. She said guys and gals that lean that way would both be checking me out (and I have seen guys lean to get a better look, just not at me)

Quote from: Steph2.0 on September 28, 2018, 10:10:41 AM

Stephanie

minimal thigh increase for me, at least on the inside. I do seem to have the appearance of hips ... getting curvy :D

•  

steph2.0

Quote from: Faith on September 28, 2018, 10:33:21 AM
minimal thigh increase for me, at least on the inside. I do seem to have the appearance of hips ... getting curvy :D

I don't know if I'm getting hippy, but I do have a slight amount of scoliosis, which makes my left hip protrude just a bit more than my right. So my best side is my left, both for body shape and because of my hairline.

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Donica

Hi everyone! I have been doing some research and following a few threads here at Susan's about FFS. I was planning to have my daughter help me get through the first week post-op. I am now thinking that I may want to get extra help during this period from a personal nurse. I have just started following Becca's FFS journey and she mentioned having a 72 hour nurse. I will be getting FFS through Kaiser SoCal (LA) Senior Advantage. I have been googling for post-op nursing care in SoCal but I'm not having much luck. I was wondering if anyone knows of such post-op nursing care in the LA/Ventura area?

Donica.
  •  

Donica

I have great news. Mid last month, I did my lab work for FFS. I had a follow-up with my PCP. He told me that my lab results came back anemic. So my PCP ordered more test. I have been worrying about this for the past month. The good news, My new lab results for my PCP and my Endo all came back normal. No anemia. None, nada, nothing, not a trace. It must have been a little hiccup. Weeeuuuwww! My E level is 157 pg/ml and T is 14 ng/dl. Yay!!! Back on track. I see my Endo next week. I hoping she will up my E dose a bit. One dreaded thing she is not going to let me slide on anymore is a mammogram ::).

Happy Hugs!
Donica.
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Donica on October 03, 2018, 11:12:54 AM
I have great news. Mid last month, I did my lab work for FFS. I had a follow-up with my PCP. He told me that my lab results came back anemic. So my PCP ordered more test. I have been worrying about this for the past month. The good news, My new lab results for my PCP and my Endo all came back normal. No anemia. None, nada, nothing, not a trace. It must have been a little hiccup. Weeeuuuwww! My E level is 157 pg/ml and T is 14 ng/dl. Yay!!! Back on track. I see my Endo next week. I hoping she will up my E dose a bit. One dreaded thing she is not going to let me slide on anymore is a mammogram ::).

Happy Hugs!
Donica.
@Donica
Dear Donica:   
Well, that is wonderful news, it is always good to get a 2nd confirmation test to make sure the first one that reported bad news is actually correct.   This is certainly a nice new updated report from your doctor.

Regarding your planned FFS, do have any kind of a proposed date that you might want that to happen?

Ahhhh, the much feared and dreaded MTF gauntlet of the Mammogram
!!!  I have had 2 already and so far they are easy-peasy, no need to be self-conscious or fearful....  in fact the last mammogram I had was a wonderful affirmation, the technician just about choked when during our conversation as I had removed my top and bra... and ready for the "titty-squisher" procedure when I admitted that I was a trans-woman, they could not believe it!  Certainly a big boost to my female ego.   I consider the Mammogram to be a female right of passage!

Thank you for keeping us all up to date with your life goings-on.
Hugs and well wishes,
Danielle

****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •