News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Donica's She Shed

Started by Donica, September 01, 2018, 11:25:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steph2.0

Quote from: Donica on October 03, 2018, 11:12:54 AM

One dreaded thing she is not going to let me slide on anymore is a mammogram ::).

Great news on the lab tests, Donica!

As for the ma'am-o-gram, no worries. I wrote about it on my thread (of course), but when I got my first one it turned out to be a very cool affirming moment. Judy, the tech, had no idea I was trans until I admitted it. I had no choice after she asked how long it had been since my last one, and I had to say never. She was just awesome about it. I'm sure you'll be fine, too.

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

steph2.0

Ha! Nice one, Danielle. We posted almost identical stories at the same time!

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Donica

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on October 03, 2018, 11:39:15 AM
@Donica
Dear Donica:   
Regarding your planned FFS, do have any kind of a proposed date that you might want that to happen?

Thank you for keeping us all up to date with your life goings-on.
Hugs and well wishes,
Danielle

I was thinking it wouldn't happen until early next year. But my support group friends are saying it could happen before the end of this year. It would be great if I could get done in early December. I still have 3 weeks before I here back from Dr. Kim.

I love your description "The Titty-Squisher". I haven't heard that one before. On a funny note, one of my support group sisters asked the tech if she would squish it a little harder lol. She is a silly women :D.

Edit: Thank you both Danielle and Stephanie for the ma'am-o-gram encouragement. I guess there's no hiding the trans thing if this is my first titty-squisher. Or may, if the tech asks when my last one was, I'll say "last year of course". Or not.

Hugs Danielle!
Donica.
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

Donica

Did my nails in preparation for tonight's Gala. This is my first Gala. I'm going to wear a long white gown with pink flowers and a white sweeter. Full makeup with pale pink lipstick. I will be wearing my new silver strappy sandals with 1 inch heels. I'm already tall, I don't need to be any taller ;). I will also be wearing the diamond necklace on the left in the picture from a earlier post. I will post updates and hopefully pictures too, tomorrow because I'm sure I will be getting home too late for an update tonight. I almost forgot, I bought a new pair of diamond earrings for the occasion.

I know! I know! Pictures or it didn't happen.

Hugs,
Donica
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

Donica

Here's the earrings. I ordered a pair diamond danglies over a month ago from Amazon. They are still out for delivery, stuck on the road somewhere.

Oops! I'm sorry for withholding! The Gala is sponsored by The Diversity Collective of Ventura County. Tickets start at $54 and go as high as $500+. We booked a table for 8 for our support group friends. It's going to be a fun night.

Donica.
  •  

davina61

Wish you a great time, have a few G&T's for me (on a detox )
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Donica

Quote from: davina61 on October 06, 2018, 04:52:58 PM
Wish you a great time, have a few G&T's for me (on a detox )

Oh, not for me thanks. Maybe a glass of vino when I get home.
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Donica on October 06, 2018, 10:52:00 AM
Did my nails in preparation for tonight's Gala. This is my first Gala. I'm going to wear a long white gown with pink flowers and a white sweeter. Full makeup with pale pink lipstick. I will be wearing my new silver strappy sandals with 1 inch heels. I'm already tall, I don't need to be any taller ;). I will also be wearing the diamond necklace on the left in the picture from a earlier post. I will post updates and hopefully pictures too, tomorrow because I'm sure I will be getting home too late for an update tonight. I almost forgot, I bought a new pair of diamond earrings for the occasion.

I know! I know! Pictures or it didn't happen.

Hugs,
Donica
@Donica
Dear Donica:
Thank you for posting the pictures....  beautiful matching colors for your fingernails and your toenails... nice job doing them yourself!!!
Very nice job... and very pretty nails...

Hugs and well wishes going to your event!!!
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Donica on October 06, 2018, 11:16:17 AM
Here's the earrings. I ordered a pair diamond danglies over a month ago from Amazon. They are still out for delivery, stuck on the road somewhere.

Oops! I'm sorry for withholding! The Gala is sponsored by The Diversity Collective of Ventura County. Tickets start at $54 and go as high as $500+. We booked a table for 8 for our support group friends. It's going to be a fun night.

Donica.
@Donica
Dear Donica:
Wowzers.... very beautiful earrings!!!    Enjoy yourself at the Gala event... and it sounds like that you will have a great time with your support group friends and at you table for 8.... a fun time which I am sure that you will post some pictures.

Hugs and hoping that you will have a great time.
Danielle

•  

Donica

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on October 06, 2018, 06:38:31 PM
@Donica
Dear Donica:
Wowzers.... very beautiful earrings!!!    Enjoy yourself at the Gala event... and it sounds like that you will have a great time with your support group friends and at you table for 8.... a fun time which I am sure that you will post some pictures.

Hugs and hoping that you will have a great time.
Danielle
OMG, I was told I am beautiful repeatedly tonight. Everyone I meant told me they love my dress. Yes I said I would update you all tomorrow but I just couldn't wait. OMG there was a lot of money flowing around there tonight. Had a wonderful time. I will update tomorrow with pictures. Hay ladies, SoCal rocks.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

•  

Donica

Thank you Danielle! The Diversity Gala was a huge success. The Diversity Collective of Ventura County are wonderful people. The Oxnard Heritage Square is a beautiful place. There are some 11 historic homes, a church and a few other building from the old days around Oxnard that have been moved here, restored and preserved. They are stunning.

The goody bags and the podium.

Congresswomen Julia Brownley.

I had to show some of to homes after dark. Beautiful!

Mayor Tim Flynn and Councilwomen Carmen Ramiren were also some of the many speakers. Wonderful performances by VC Loud @ Queer, some of which brought tears to my eyes. Neil and Keith Coffman-Grey from AIDS/HIV Awareness were given the Diversity Gala Vanguard Award. An Auction, I believe was provided? by the Ventura County Rainbow folks. One of the items was a weekend stay at one of the resorts in Palm Springs and all the wine you can drink, valued at $6500. It was auctioned off for $1200. Wow!

Everyone was so friendly. I couldn't believe how many compliments I got all night. I didn't take a selfie of me at the Gala but you can see Ava trying to photo bomb one for my evening pictures of the homes.

I didn't overdo my makeup did I?

Ave took a panoramic picture of the Gala and she posted it on FB. You can see me looking at my phone ::). I had a wonderful time and definitely a must do next year.

Hugs,
Donica.
  •  

Donica

BTW! I know why Grandma doesn't wear heels. I was sooooo glad to kick them off last night.
  •  

Jessica

Donica, it is clear you had a wonderful time at the gala.  Thanks for the pictures, it looks like it's real.
The pool party in Northern California here at my place was an evening full of "Where's Donica and Danielle?"
Are pictures of us skinny dipping allowed?......I think not!!!

Hugs and smiles from a Northern California girl

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

Northern Star Girl

@Donica
Dear Donica:
WOW ........ wonderful photos of all the things going on at your gala event.... and you look terrific in your new photo too.   Hmmm, what was in the goody bags ???

Oh yeah, getting those high heels off of your feet after being on them all day can indeed be a big relief!!!! 
For relief my suitor #4 and I exchange very enjoyable foot massages from time to time when we are out and about all dressed up....  I recommend it for everyone.

Thanks for posting about your happy time at the Gala Event and the wonderful photos.  The weather here lately would not cooperate with a similar outdoor event.

Hugs and well wishes,
Danielle

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Jessica on October 07, 2018, 05:38:31 PM
Donica, it is clear you had a wonderful time at the gala.  Thanks for the pictures, it looks like it's real.
The pool party in Northern California here at my place was an evening full of "Where's Donica and Danielle?"

@Jessica
Dear Jess:
Well, regarding your "after 10K race" pool party.... it seems that @Donica had a wonderfully enjoyable alternative..... but me, not so much... my Saturday nite was very uneventful, cold and wet day outside, stayed in and had my chair in front of my propane stove and sat and read a book most of the evening...  I enjoy doing that but....  .....  I missed the good times at your home pool party and the good times with Donica.

I could feel sorry for myself, but I am a happy girl in spite of all those disappointments.

Hugs and hugs,
Danielle

•  

Donica

Oh dear, yes, private indeed girl.
Quote from: Jessica on October 07, 2018, 05:38:31 PM

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

•  

Faith

Donica, sorry I'm late. I was a bit .. indisposed .. You look wonderful. I'm glad you had a great time out. There's nothing quite like being out and about as yourself. The only thing better is doing it at a party (or social event, which you can change to a party)

faith
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

KathyLauren

Great photos, Donica!

Quote from: Donica on October 07, 2018, 11:58:39 AM
I didn't overdo my makeup did I?

Not at all.  You look great!
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

sarah1972

You look fantastic Donna! Sounds like it was a great event, so nice to see powerful supporters attending.

Hugs,

Sarah

•  

Donica

Dear Danielle, Sarah, Kathy, Jessica, Faith and Davina!
Thank you all so much for your lovely replies. It was a wonderful night for all of use. We only had one vacant seat at our table. Our wayward sister had some unexpected minor issues just before the Gala. This group of friends are from my Trans Alliance Ventura support group which meets every first and third Tuesday night of each month. We had 5 lovely sisters and 2 handsome Gents at our table. I think there was around 100 people there but who's counting? The event lasted from 5:PM till well past 9:PM. I don't think they closed the place until 10:PM.

There was a lot of booths with local business donors, sponsors and caterers with just about any kind of food you wanted. Oh yes, there was even an open bar :icon_drunk: Yes, I had  just 2 glasses of Chardonnay :angel:

As for the contents of the goodie bags, There's a bandana from the Coastal Orthodontic care group, which will come in handy post-op FFS, a free HIV Rapid Test complete with 4 prophylactics ???, A BECAUSE Community Memorial Health Systems notebook with tabs, a couple of ball point pins and a few invitations to things like AIDS Walk next year, and some from the surrounding area support groups and businesses. The usual goodie bag stuff.

Thank you all again for your wonderful comments.
Warm hugs,
Donica.
  •