News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Donica's She Shed

Started by Donica, September 01, 2018, 11:25:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jessica

Quote from: Donica on February 05, 2019, 07:28:38 PM
I have good news! I finally got my new medical card. Squeeeeyay!!! The clerk from yesterday did call this morning as promised but they are still working on the gender change [emoji53]. She said she would call me back when the updates go through. At least I have my new card and no more missgendering at Kaiser. Yay!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

YaySqueeeeee!

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

Donica

Yay!!! More good news! The SSA clerk called again today to inform me that the updates went through. I called Medicare and they confirmed the updates and said it may take up to 7 days for Medicare to complete their updates.

It took going back to SSA in person before anyone would do anything. The worst should be over. I just want to check with member services to be sure Kaiser has the correct gender.

Yippee ki-yay!!!

Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Donica on February 06, 2019, 04:59:16 PM
Yay!!! More good news! The SSA clerk called again today to inform me that the updates went through. I called Medicare and they confirmed the updates and said it may take up to 7 days for Medicare to complete their updates.

It took going back to SSA in person before anyone would do anything. The worst should be over. I just want to check with member services to be sure Kaiser has the correct gender.

Yippee ki-yay!!!

@Donica
Dear Donica:
Yes indeed..... Yippee ki-yay!!!

It is always amazing to me regarding all the red-tape, phone calls, letters, emails, filling out forms, required documents, procedures, fees, and amount of time that it takes to get stuff like this done... particularly with the government agencies.

I am glad to see that you are making some headway and should have things all in order soon.   Hopefully when you check with Medicare that the updates will all be properly done.

Thank you for sharing ....  this all can be an exercise in frustration!!
Hugs,
Danielle

****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

Laurie

YAY! Donica! Finally. I am happy for you girl. Now you can continue to clear up your name change check list. I like to think I am done with mine. That is why I didn't make one. Yes, yes there are still a lot I could see about changing still. Oh bother.

Hugs,

Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Donica

Quote from: Laurie on February 06, 2019, 06:50:45 PM
  YAY! Donica! Finally. I am happy for you girl. Now you can continue to clear up your name change check list. I like to think I am done with mine. That is why I didn't make one. Yes, yes there are still a lot I could see about changing still. Oh bother.

Hugs,

Laurie
Oh yes Laurie! Just when you think you've covered all the bases, dotted all the i's crossed all the t's, something always jump's up and bites you in the rear lol.

Thank you everyone for your encouraging support. It really helps a lot!!! [emoji7]

Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

sarah1972

Yay... Congratulations Donica... That is good news!

Quote from: Donica on February 06, 2019, 04:59:16 PM

Yippee ki-yay!!!

•  

Donica

Success! I called Medicare yesterday and they confirmed my name and gender update was complete. I then called Kaiser member services and they updated my medical record as we spoke on the phone. I confirmed this by logging into mykaiser. Yay! For some reason the representative could not update the gender marker on the phone but said it should be done by this Friday.

So, one more phone call on Friday and this nightmare should be over. <<<SQUEEE!!!>>> No more missgendering from my own medical group. I declare This chapter of She Shed closed.

Now I just need the phone call for my FFS date. It's looking like April now? March if there is a cancellation. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Again, thanks for all of the positive support everyone!
You have truly been a big help!
  •  

Jessica

Quote from: Donica on February 14, 2019, 10:11:07 AM
Success! I called Medicare yesterday and they confirmed my name and gender update was complete. I then called Kaiser member services and they updated my medical record as we spoke on the phone. I confirmed this by logging into mykaiser. Yay! For some reason the representative could not update the gender marker on the phone but said it should be done by this Friday.

So, one more phone call on Friday and this nightmare should be over. <<<SQUEEE!!!>>> No more missgendering from my own medical group. I declare This chapter of She Shed closed.

Now I just need the phone call for my FFS date. It's looking like April now? March if there is a cancellation. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Again, thanks for all of the positive support everyone!
You have truly been a big help!

Congratulations Donica!

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

davina61

That's great news, went to hospital today and I am on the system as (new!) me so know how you feel. XXXXXX
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Donica

My dear friend @AvaNovum FFS recovery is going very well. She has returned to work so It's time for me to pack-up and head back home. The house is quiet as I'm sure Ava's home is now quiet too. Well, not exactly. She has her companion Marble Cat that is probably getting into trouble as I type lol. Here is a link to Ava's FFS thread.
https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,244347.msg2221782.html#msg2221782

As a thank you for staying with her during her FFS recovery, Ava insisted on taking me out to a late lunch in Burbank. Guess who we ran into.

It is one of the last remaining original Bob's Big Boy's. Everything, including the food, is as I remember it was in my youth. And to top off the rest of the day, we stopped at the Nordstrom's Rack in Burbank for some girl shopping. We had a wonderful time.

Oh, and Ava does not have a fire place in her home so we will get together at my home and take our Toastie Toes pictures for @Alaskan Danielle collection ;D Coming soon.

Edit: BTW! No makeup on either of us and no one misgendered us all day. <<<SQUEEEE>>>

Hugs!
  •  

Jessica

Quote from: Donica on February 19, 2019, 08:40:04 AM
My dear friend @AvaNovum FFS recovery is going very well. She has returned to work so It's time for me to pack-up and head back home. The house is quiet as I'm sure Ava's home is now quiet too. Well, not exactly. She has her companion Marble Cat that is probably getting into trouble as I type lol. Here is a link to Ava's FFS thread.

As a thank you for staying with her during her FFS recovery, Ava insisted on taking me out to a late lunch in Burbank. Guess who we ran into.

It is one of the last remaining original Bob's Big Boy's. Everything, including the food, is as I remember it was in my youth. And to top off the rest of the day, we stopped at the Nordstrom's Rack in Burbank for some girl shopping. We had a wonderful time.

Oh, and Ava does not have a fire place in her home so we will get together at my home and take our Toastie Toes pictures for @Alaskan Danielle collection ;D Coming soon.

Hugs!

Donica, you and Ava look the picture of happiness.  You were such a good friend to be with her while she recovered.
I'll be looking for the "toasty toes" pic in the new chapter of @Alaskan Danielle thread.

Hugs and smiles from another California girl

•  

steph2.0

Quote from: Donica on February 19, 2019, 08:40:04 AMHere is a link to Ava's FFS thread.

That was a perfect segue, Donica. I suspect not everyone can see it, but in Tapatalk your quote referenced a link to Ava's thread, and immediately under it was a picture of the stitch thread that had been in her mouth. I thought it was a clever pun.

Congratulations to Ava, and good on you for being such a kind friend to her.

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Donica

Thank you ladies! Yes @Steph2.0. Ava does have a fun way about her :D
  •  

Donica

I just got some concerning lab results this morning. My Endo increased my E dose a month ago and because my dose is getting up to the high end, she requested I get another lad test this week (yesterday). The results are already in and my E level went from 160 pg/ml last month to 86 pg/ml yesterday?

I'm thinking this has to be a mistake? Maybe it should read 186 pg/ml? I take my meds twice a day (in the morning and then the evening). A friend suggested I should take my meds after my lad test. So for the first time I did. Could this be the reason for the big difference? I wish I could contact the lab and have them double check my results.

I see my Endo next week. I have many questions.
  •  

Northern Star Girl

@Donica
Dear Donica:
Contacting the lab will get you nowhere fast....   my first phone call would be to your doctors office to talk to the nurse or PA...
...perhaps your doctor will want to order a new test BEFORE your appointment next week...  that is what I am thinking!!!

Good luck to you... I will be looking for your update about this matter.
Hugs and well wishes,
Danielle
Quote from: Donica on February 19, 2019, 01:52:32 PM
I just got some concerning lab results this morning. My Endo increased my E dose a month ago and because my dose is getting up to the high end, she requested I get another lad test this week (yesterday). The results are already in and my E level went from 160 pg/ml last month to 86 pg/ml yesterday?

I'm thinking this has to be a mistake? Maybe it should read 186 pg/ml? I take my meds twice a day (in the morning and then the evening). A friend suggested I should take my meds after my lad test. So for the first time I did. Could this be the reason for the big difference? I wish I could contact the lab and have them double check my results.

I see my Endo next week. I have many questions.
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

Donica

@Alaskan Danielle
Thank you Danielle. My appointment next week is with a new Endo. I will have to call her office and reschedule a lab test. My old Endo (which is who scheduled my last lab test) left Kaiser for a private practice.

For the times... they are a-changing.
  •  

KathyLauren

The reduction in your blood E level may be due to getting the blood drawn before taking your dose instead of after.  It is important to be consistent, and the change in routine may be responsible for the change in results.

More than a year ago, my doctor was concerned that my E level was getting too high, so she reduced my dosage.  I was not happy with the results emotionally and physically: my body was telling me that the earlier level was right.  My doctor put my dosage back to where it had been, and then deduced that I wasn't getting my blood drawn at a consistent time in my patch cycle.  Getting it drawn at the end of a cycle produced consistent results, and levels that made the doctor happy and felt right to me.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Donica

Quote from: KathyLauren on February 20, 2019, 06:46:53 AM
The reduction in your blood E level may be due to getting the blood drawn before taking your dose instead of after.  It is important to be consistent, and the change in routine may be responsible for the change in results.

More than a year ago, my doctor was concerned that my E level was getting too high, so she reduced my dosage.  I was not happy with the results emotionally and physically: my body was telling me that the earlier level was right.  My doctor put my dosage back to where it had been, and then deduced that I wasn't getting my blood drawn at a consistent time in my patch cycle.  Getting it drawn at the end of a cycle produced consistent results, and levels that made the doctor happy and felt right to me.

@KathyLauren
Thank you Kathy. I tend to believe that is the case. I will talk with my new Endo first but I think I will continue to do lab test pre-dose. With this end of a cycle E levels, my Endo should be happy.

Before my last dose increase I was having a few hot flashes, mostly at night. With the latest increase, I have not had any hot flashes. I do notice that I feel better overall.

Question? Some of my friends dissolve their E tablets under their tongue. I just take them like any other pill. Is there an advantage to dissolving them under the tongue?
  •  

Jessica

@Donica

Quote from: Donica on February 20, 2019, 09:37:22 AM
@KathyLauren
Thank you Kathy. I tend to believe that is the case. I will talk with my new Endo first but I think I will continue to do lab test pre-dose. With this end of a cycle E levels, my Endo should be happy.

Before my last dose increase I was having a few hot flashes, mostly at night. With the latest increase, I have not had any hot flashes. I do notice that I feel better overall.

Question? Some of my friends dissolve their E tablets under their tongue. I just take them like any other pill. Is there an advantage to dissolving them under the tongue?

From what I understand is when you dissolve the pill under your tongue in has a better absorption into your blood stream.  It also allows it to bypass the stomach and liver, which degrades it and can cause other issues.

Hugs and smiles from another California girl

•  

Faith

Quote from: Donica on February 20, 2019, 09:37:22 AM.... Question? Some of my friends dissolve their E tablets under their tongue. I just take them like any other pill. Is there an advantage to dissolving them under the tongue?

Make sure that they are formulated for Sublingual or Buccal use.
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•