News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Donica's She Shed

Started by Donica, September 01, 2018, 11:25:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faith

Quote from: Donica on March 15, 2019, 11:34:02 AM
Nonsense!!! You already are one of the pretty girls dear! Anything else you do will be icing on the cake! We all see it. You also have a big heart too.

Awwwww  :icon_redface: :icon_redface:
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

Donica

Hi everyone. Sorry it took so long to post this update. My dear friend @AvaNovum and I enjoyed the Trans Day of Visibility together in down town Hollywood at the Los Angeles LGBT Center Trans Lounge for lunch and a movie sponsored by the Trans Lounge.

We had pizza for lunch and the movie "In The Turn" was great. It's a documentary that takes place back in 2014 about a 10-year-old transgender girl from Canada who finds acceptance and empowerment in the company of a queer roller derby collective. There was many sad and happy tears shared by all.

All you can eat pizza yum num num! It was a little hot that day. We were both wearing cute breezy little sundresses. The first above knee of the year for me. Hay! Grandma can still rock a mini dress.

They have a airconditioned theatrical theater for plays and movies. Must hold 200+ people.

I learned to hold my dress down when the wind refuses to cooperate. Lots of other events coming up by the week. I'm getting to be a busy girl. Loving life. Counting the days till my FFS surgery.

Hugs!!!
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

Donica

What a wonderful weekend. Saturday Ava and I went to our local nail spa a well deserved pampering. I wanted a lavender color but I ended up with the next best thing. The nail color looks a bit different in the bottle ::).

Spring is here in the southlands. Sunday Ava and I spent the day with our good friends "D" and "K" at the Santa Paula airport for breakfast at the 128 café and another open house day in their hanger answering questions for the visiting folks. It was 87 degrees F with today expected to be even hotter.

Stephanie would love to meet "D" and "K" as they are fellow trans aircraft builders. "D" took Ave up for a ride in their beautiful home built J3 Cub. I posted a picture of it a while back. "D" is quite the builder. The J3 is their third build.

Ava and I took a picture of our toastie toes for Alaskan Danielle collection. We each got hand painted flowers complete with a cute little red CZ gem in the middle of the flowers. If you look close, you can see the detail of the flowers. Really cute.

Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

Donica

Oops! My bad! It is known as the Santa Paula Flight 126 Café!!! Nevertheless, it always seems that these out of the way cafe's always have the best food :D And that's the truth friends.
  •  

steph2.0

Quote from: Donica on April 08, 2019, 09:29:20 AMStephanie would love to meet "D" and "K" as they are fellow trans aircraft builders. "D" took Ave up for a ride in their beautiful home built J3 Cub. I posted a picture of it a while back. "D" is quite the builder. The J3 is their third build.

Now that would be cool! Feel free to send 'em to my website http://lonepalmaero.com.

QuoteAva and I took a picture of our toastie toes for Alaskan Danielle collection. We each got hand painted flowers complete with a cute little red CZ gem in the middle of the flowers. If you look close, you can see the detail of the flowers. Really cute.

I'm claiming origination (with my sweetie) of the idea of the crossed legs in toasty toes pictures. But you've done us one better with the matching toenails, so good on ya!

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Donica

Thanks Stephanie. I will forward your website to "D". Nice Hawk Sport build!!! Her is a picture of "D" and "K's" J3. I'll take more pictures next time. I want a picture of Ava sitting in the cockpit. It's a tight squeeze getting into the back seat.

•  

Donica

My anxiety level has been a little high the past two weeks. There is a woman in my building moving to the other side of town. We were friends before I came out. But now, her and my next door neighbor (the Ms. Gossip Queen central which nobody pays any attention to anyway, and best friends with the woman moving away) are very negative and unwilling to except me for who I am.

My X friend just leaves the common room every time I walk in. This was just a minor issue for me, but now that she is moving, I can't stop thinking why? I know there could be 100 reasons why but I can't stop thinking it is because of me. I certainly don't want to be the reason for anyone to uproot and move away.

Like everyone else, I always tend to think the worst. Even though the X friend and gossip queen are the only two negative people in the building, I can't stop thinking how this could be a reason for management to claim I am a disruption to the community.

I'm thinking there could be a thousand legal loopholes and unfortunately, if it came to their word against mine, the trans community suffers. I know I have legal rights. Still the though of being a burden to someone I once called a friend hurts.

I don't know the real reason why the woman is moving away and I suppose I may hear the real reason through the grapevine. I can't trust the gossip queen for anything because she is very vindictive and manipulative and would probable tell me it's my fault anyway. 
  •  

KathyLauren

Quote from: Donica on April 12, 2019, 12:15:46 PM
My X friend just leaves the common room every time I walk in. This was just a minor issue for me, but now that she is moving, I can't stop thinking why? I know there could be 100 reasons why but I can't stop thinking it is because of me. I certainly don't want to be the reason for anyone to uproot and move away.

We tend to think the worst, but she might be moving for reasons that have nothing to do with you.  Even if it is because of you, it is probably because she can't handle your awesomeness!

If you are worried that it might cause your landlord to try to get rid of you, you should learn exacly what your legal rights are.  I know there are some places where you have none, but hopefully you live in a place with some legal protection in place.  Make sure you know what it is.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Donica

You are right Kathy! I can't worry about it either way. I have much more important things to worry about. Management has always been very friendly and accepting of me. More so after coming out to them. They have actually warned me about these two troublemakers when I first moved in years ago. These two have always been difficult for the community to get along with.

California has very good protection laws for everyone, including renters and the LGBT community. We even have affordable LGBT only senior housing throughout the state. But as I mentioned earlier, a good crooked good lawyer can find loopholes in our legal system.

I guess it's just that nagging feeling in the back of my mind that something may be in the wind.

Women's intuition? Hypersensitive HRT?
  •  

Donica

Ava and I had a wonderful day visiting Santa Barbara Ca. yesterday. It was still a bit chilly and foggy because we got there early so we could have breakfast at the original Sambo's restaurant. What a great place. Old fashioned, good food and great service.

Santa Barbara is always a great place to visit. It's beautiful, refreshing and always very peaceful. After breakfast, we enjoyed a walk along the waterfront, bike path, beach and the Stearns Wharf pier. There is a lot of cute little shops on the pier, and all around the city as well.

Ava and I had a little fun with the Moby Dick restaurant located on the pier. It's a great place with good food.

OH NO! AVA IS STUCK!!!

OH NO! NOW DONICA IS STUCK!!!

Oh what to do ;D

They have a compass rose on the pier that could use a little of Stephanie's professional TLC. What do you think Steph? Will it live?

We thought this was an appropriate selfie. It's located on the waterfront about a block north of the pier. This is the Herbert Bayer chromatic gate that was given to the City Of Santa Barbara in memory of Herbert Bayer.

Wow! Who are those cute ladies?

I have many more pictures of the city and the shops on the pier. Too many to post here.

A fun day!!!

•  

Jessica

Santa Barbara is such a nice place to relax.  You two have fun!

Hugs and smiles from another California girl

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

Donica

It's too bad we could meet you there Jess. I know it would be a drive for you. It takes less than an hour from my place but another 5 to 6 hours to your place.

We will to see you in September.
  •  

Donica

Update 05/06/2019

I had a wonderful day yesterday at the Santa Paula airport monthly open house with good friends. Breakfast at the Flight 126 café and then off to the hanger to greet spectators roaming the airport. We were surprised at the big turnout of folks asking questions and checking out all the hangers, especially considering it was Cinco de Mayo.

I got a little stick time in my friends Super Cub. It was wonderful to spread my wings again after so many years stuck on the ground. I have newfound admiration for Super Cub's as they require a little more rudder finesse than Cessna's and Cherokee's. I was a bit rusty but I got most of it back by the end of the flight. I'm afraid I'm hooked again and am planning my comeback to aviation.

My friend/owner/builder of this beautiful Super Cub showing me the ropes before our flight. Clear prop!!!

I'm sure some of you may recognize this cutie. Yes the Cub is cute too ;D Muahahahahah! My plan has worked. I've gotten Ava interested in seeking a pilots license. Oh the fun we are going to have!!! I love it when a plan comes together ;)

A birds eye view of SZP. A straight out departure and heading for the SoCal Coastline in Ventura. This picture is actually dropping back into the pattern after our flight.

The SoCal Ventura coastline and then heading north for a little rudder practice. It took a bit but I got the hang of it again. This aircraft flies so sweet it almost flies it's self.

A wonderful day indeed. It helped take my mind off my upcoming FFS surgery just a little over a month from now. My excitement is soring and I'm beginning to get a little antsy. My pre-op appointment is June 14th, less than a week before S day. Just hoping to get everything done that needs to be done before surgery. UGH!

I'm planning to start an FFS thread after my pre-op app. I'll probably just call it "Donica's FFS Journey". I hope you all join me.

•  

Northern Star Girl

@Donica
Dear Donica:
Thank you for posting your wonderful update and also the beautiful pictures of the scenery...
   ....and also the beautiful pictures of you and Ava.

Oh, and yes, you have every right to be excited about your upcoming FFS pre-appointment on June 14.
All of your followers are excited for you.

Thank you for sharing,
Hugs,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

CynthiaAnn

Wonderful post Donica  :)

Two thumbs up from here

Cynthia -
  •  

Donica

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on May 06, 2019, 03:12:46 PM
@Donica
Dear Donica:
Thank you for posting your wonderful update and also the beautiful pictures of the scenery...
   ....and also the beautiful pictures of you and Ava.

Oh, and yes, you have every right to be excited about your upcoming FFS pre-appointment on June 14.
All of your followers are excited for you.

Thank you for sharing,
Hugs,
Danielle

Thank you Danielle! I'm certainly beginning to get that warm anxious feeling inside as S day approaches.
  •  

KathyLauren

Great pics, Donica!  The Cub looks like a lot of fun to fly.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

steph2.0

YAY Donica! Getting back in the seat and getting Ava excited too, just like me and Cassie! Here we were on Saturday, having fun like you did, powered by our favorite fuel.

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Northern Star Girl

@steph2.0
Dear Stephanie...
....also,  a beautiful picture of 2 very pretty ladies...

Thank you for sharing.

Hugs,
Danielle

Quote from: steph2.0 on May 06, 2019, 03:46:51 PM
YAY Donica! Getting back in the seat and getting Ava excited too, just like me and Cassie! Here we were on Saturday, having fun like you did, powered by our favorite fuel.

****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

Donica

Quote from: steph2.0 on May 06, 2019, 03:46:51 PM

SQUEEELICOUS!!!! Never fly with an empty cup of joe :D
  •