Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

ELECTROLYSIS

Started by platlj2, September 03, 2018, 09:02:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

platlj2

I have did 12 treatments of lazer and the hair hasnt stopped growing but it is finer than before. Now i have did 2 treatments of electrolysis, i have dark marks and a dark patch in the area that I have had treatment and bumps are very noticeable. I am medium brown skin complexion, black descendant of course and with lazer there was no damage to my skin but now after 2 treatments of ecletrolysis, I have dark marks, spots and bumps. is this normal? can someone give me some advice. I can attach pictures if needed.
  •  

VickyS

Sounds like hyperpigmentation (have a look on google), it should fade in time but in some cases it can take a year or more to completely fade away, it's just a by product of the electrolysis. I have it too.
Came out to self: mid Oct 17                   Last haircut: 3rd Nov 17       
Came out to wife: 17th Jan 18                 Therapy started: 1st Mar 18
Electrolysis started: 10th Apr 18              Referred to GIC: 16th May 18
  •  

jill610

I am fair skinned and had a similar reaction to one of the electrolygists, which I think was using blend. It took about six months for the marks to go away but looked like scars at first.

•  

JudiBlueEyes

This sounds common and it will go away eventually as your skin regenerates. 
But now old friends they're acting strange
They shake their heads, they say I've changed
Well something's lost, but something's gained
In living every day.
  •  

Virginia

I developed small discolored spots the size of the head of a pin all over my neck from electrolysis (a bit like vitiligo). My electrologist rather candidly calls this "chicken skin" and explained it is the result of permanent damage to the pigment producing cells of the skin. It is unpredictable and varies from person to person. In my case, I only developed it on my neck. She told me she has had clients who had to stop treatment when this was happening on their face.
~VA (pronounced Vee- Aye, the abbreviation for the State of Virginia where I live)
  •