Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

How do YOU handle the cold?

Started by Lady Sarah, September 03, 2018, 04:40:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JudiBlueEyes

Yes it is!  I love the cooler weather seasons.  I don't tolerate heat well.  Even my mother who's moved to a warmer climate laments not experiencing the change of seasons and the cool crisp air here in the Northeast.
Judi
But now old friends they're acting strange
They shake their heads, they say I've changed
Well something's lost, but something's gained
In living every day.
  •  

cassiebythesea

Quote from: DawnOday on October 11, 2018, 11:25:10 PM
cassie. Beware, you will be called a Liberal. ;D

Oh, I've been called plenty worse.

Quote from: MeTony on October 11, 2018, 11:34:24 PM

Isn't it great that we all love different weather? And there is a place for us all on earth where we thrive. :)

Tony

You know, I'm totally willing to endure the 100+ summers for those fantastic winters that are in the 70s. Match that with the sea breeze rolling in, and I love it here.
  •  

Lady Sarah

Quote from: MeTony on October 11, 2018, 11:34:24 PM

Isn't it great that we all love different weather? And there is a place for us all on earth where we thrive. :)

Tony

Fortunately, we seldom see snow around here. But, it does get cold enough. And I know when the cold is on it's way. Getting old has given me a painful barometer called rhuematism. Warning for the younger generations: it's genetic. If your parents or grandparents got it, so will you.

It can sometimes be a pain getting cold weather gear. Most places only sell parkas, hats, and gloves as if Texas is part of Hawaii. Global climate change has not made it that warm in the winters yet.
started HRT: July 13, 1991
orchi: December 23, 1994
trach shave: November, 1998
married: August 16, 2015
Back surgery: October 20, 2016
  •  

anzu2snow

My parent likes to keep it at 68 degrees at home. I'd prefer 70, but most of the time I'm ok with a few degrees below that. I like the cold more than the heat. I can at least layer up if I'm too cold, but in the heat...there's no escape. I'm actually numb to temperature half the time. In most places like restaurants or malls, I don't notice it unless it's at either extremes.
  •  

Angelic

Intolerables, everywhere...cannot escape them.
  •  

wonderland

Lots of drinking.  LOL Just kidding.
I like to throw a jacket or shirt in the dryer a few minutes before leaving.
It gets very cold here, so that is my go too to get/stay warm fast.
  •  

Denice

I want a pair of fleece lined tights.
I'm a man. I like being a man. I also love wearing women's clothing. It's my way to show honor, respect and solidarity with them.
  •  

Linde

I moved from NW Wisconsin to SW Florida.  My goal was to never ever have cold feet again.  It was 88 today, no cold feet for me!
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

femchick67

make sure you have plenty of warm drinks and wrap up warm as if you are too hot you can remove layers off make sure you have plenty of gas & electricity
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: femchick67 on December 04, 2018, 01:43:21 PM
make sure you have plenty of warm drinks and wrap up warm as if you are too hot you can remove layers off make sure you have plenty of gas & electricity
Quote from: femchick67 on December 04, 2018, 09:25:58 AM
hi im 51 im 16 years post op male- female loving life nowadays being me accepted by society which i know can be hard looking to make friends and to help out with any advice needed pre op or post op most importantly make friends i live in UK work full time as community Carer love my job but can be really stressful at times a lot of responsibility .

@femchick67     
Dear Femchick:
     Hey girl, you sneaked into Susan's Place and the Forums under the radar.  I see that you have been posting over well over a dozen times since you became a member yesterday.
     I am most pleased that you had decided to join the Susan's Place site and the Forums.

Thank you for writing your several postings and getting involved in the Forums. 

This is the right place for you to be to find out what others may have to say that may have been in your circumstances and with your questions and concerns.
    There are a lot of members here that will be able to identify with your situation as you continue to feel free to share it.

I also want to warmly WELCOME you to Susan's Place
You will find this a safe and friendly place to share with others and to read about others similar trials, tribulations, and successes.

As you are certainly aware you can share with others and involve yourself with some give and take with other like-minded members.  When frustrated or if you have successes you can share it here if you wish and receive support from others and offer support to others. ....
     ***There is a very good chance that you might find that you will make some new like-minded friends here. 

Please come in and continue to be involved at your own pace.

There is information and important LINKS that I have included below.   You will find information about the site that will help you navigate around and best utilize the features here.   
Please look closely at the LINKS in RED, answers are there to many questions that new members ask.

Again, Welcome to Susan's Place.
Danielle

Here are some links to the site rules and stuff that all new members should be familiar with:

Things that you should read

****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: femchick67 on December 04, 2018, 01:43:21 PM
Quote from: femchick67 on December 04, 2018, 09:25:58 AM
hi im 51 im 16 years post op male- female loving life nowadays being me accepted by society which i know can be hard looking to make friends and to help out with any advice needed pre op or post op most importantly make friends i live in UK work full time as community Carer love my job but can be really stressful at times a lot of responsibility .
@femchick67
Oh, and another thing, Femchick,
Would you please make a point to stop by
the Introductions Forum to tell more members about yourself.

Your introduction will permit other members here to know of your arrival... and you can expect more sharing of thoughts with other members... an as you get more involved in exchanging comments on various posts other members will be along to offer their thoughts and comments in response to any of your specific questions and concerns..

Now, after all of this Official Greeting stuff just for you  Femchick67  this thread can get back to normal !!!!

Again, Welcome to Susan's Place,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

epvanbeveren

I mentioned this to my Endo last week and there's actually a medical diagnoses code for this, as he diagnosed me with this after I mentioned him that I can't stand the cold as I used to do. Being on E hormones and having feminine T levels , welcome to womanhood

At work my coworkers still run the AC, even though its around and tonight below freezing. I get in at work and turn on the heat to 72F. (22C) At  home my heat is set to about 80F. (26C)

PS.

What is ICD 10 code for postmenopausal?

Menopausal and female climacteric states N95.1 is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes. The 2018 edition of ICD-10-CM N95.1 became effective on October 1, 2017.
I am a K. MacPhee girl, re-born on October 4 2017 in Raleigh/Durham NC. USA
I was AMAB on May 6 1963 in Dordrecht, the Netherlands.

OUT and proud - 2014
HRT - 2015
Legal - 2016
GRS - 2017

Full Time - 01/01/2015:
first day (01) of new life (01), '15 = opposite of 51 (my age at the time)

•  

KallyFowler

•  

Linde

Quote from: KallyFowler on December 12, 2018, 02:13:57 PM
Me not, I live in Florida
Me, too.  And pretty close to as far south as you can be on the main land!

•  

JanePlain

I think HRT does change the ability to take the cold.  I am shivering cold even with the thermostat cranked up.  Glad we had a dog who is a 4 legged heater.   Probably should be spending more time snuggled up with my spouse...
  •  

Monica

I see the warning that this is an old topic, but I wanted to chime in, leave my two cents.
I'm usually good with in door between 60 and 75 or so. Outdoors is another story. If it's cold for a long time, like it has been lately, it's absolute murder at first, but lately, I'm finding that I get used to it pretty quickly. That's new. About two weeks of arctic cold, and I'm wearing shorts at 30 degrees, and loving it.
  •  

NatalieRene

Quote from: Lady Sarah on September 03, 2018, 04:40:00 PM
I heard an interesting story on the news about how thermostats in office buildings are still to brisk temperatures, because most men are comfortable in temperatures in the low to mid seventies. Women whom do not cover up shiver and get goose pimples in that environment.

I wonder how it all stacks up for those whom are transgender. I know my hubby likes the AC set to 60°, if he can get away with it. I set it to 74° so the temperature will be closer to 77° where the bed is. I still cover up. He usually lays on top of the covers.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/
2015/08/04/429005094/women-theres-a-reason-why-youre-shivering-in-the-office

NPR

My boyfriend learned the error of this practice of making it super cold because when I snuggled I would be cold and absorb his body heat.
  •  

Lady Sarah

Honestly, all the news about the latest polar vortex made me glad I live in Texas. It's bad enough when we get to 40°, since I have sciatica. There is no way I could  handle -40°. Heck... today, we enjoyed t-shirt weather at a nice cozy 78° outside.
started HRT: July 13, 1991
orchi: December 23, 1994
trach shave: November, 1998
married: August 16, 2015
Back surgery: October 20, 2016
  •  

NatalieRene

Quote from: Lady Sarah on February 04, 2019, 11:03:10 PM
Honestly, all the news about the latest polar vortex made me glad I live in Texas. It's bad enough when we get to 40°, since I have sciatica. There is no way I could  handle -40°. Heck... today, we enjoyed t-shirt weather at a nice cozy 78° outside.
I'm in Texas too and it was beautiful today.
  •  

Linde

Quote from: NatalieRene on February 04, 2019, 11:40:55 PM
I'm in Texas too and it was beautiful today.
Kind of cool in Texas, isn't it?  It was mid 80's here, and it is about tim to put the down coats away .  Southern Floridians are wearing those at any temperature below 70!

•