Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Breast Reduction

Started by Ashtonrocks, September 10, 2018, 09:16:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashtonrocks

Breast reduction due to unbearable back pain and constant aching and tenderness? I don't know what to do in this situation. My chest keeps getting bigger and I'm in a lot of pain. FTM here. What should I do? Is it more important to wait for my top surgery in 2 years? I heard it can cause problems with top surgery by getting a reduction and my surgery moment is so near..but, it's causing me a lot of issues, not just because of being trans. I'm a bit worried, if it gets any bigger I won't be able to handle the pain anymore..
  •  

Denise

Why are you waiting for two years?

I would talk to your doctor and surgeon about this one.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

1st Person out: 16-Oct-2015
Restarted Spironolactone 26-Aug-2016
Restarted Estradiol Valerate: 02-Nov-2016
Full time: 02-Mar-2017
Breast Augmentation (Schechter): 31-Oct-2017
FFS (Walton in Chicago): 25-Sep-2018
Vaginoplasty (Schechter): 13-Dec-2018

A haiku in honor of my grandmother who loved them.

The Voices are Gone
Living Life to the Fullest
I am just Denise
  •  

Virginia

You don't mention your weight. If you are in a position to lose weight safely, it will also decrease the size of your breasts.
~VA (pronounced Vee- Aye, the abbreviation for the State of Virginia where I live)
  •  

Ashtonrocks

Quote from: Denise on September 10, 2018, 09:47:22 PM
Why are you waiting for two years?

I would talk to your doctor and surgeon about this one.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

That's how long it will take me to afford the top surgery from saving. I can't exactly talk to a surgeon about it, I'm under 18 and have no license.
  •  

Ashtonrocks

Quote from: Virginia on September 11, 2018, 05:33:33 AM
You don't mention your weight. If you are in a position to lose weight safely, it will also decrease the size of your breasts.

I'm a bit overweight right now, but usually I'm at my recommended weight and I still have the same issues as I do now. Losing weight doesn't seem to affect them all that much.
  •  

Katy

I would respectfully advise you to consult your GP.  It's important to determine if your breast size is actually the cause of your back problems or whether other factors are involved.  You need to know what is really going on and the only way to gain such insights is with a visit to your family doctor. 

Are you sure you are wearing an appropriate bra?  You may need one that offers far more support than the bras you are currently wearing.  You may need the assistance of an experienced bra fitter in order to find the ideal bra for your current circumstances. 

Deal with the pain first; everything else must wait a bit. 
  •  

GingerVicki

Do you have lower or upper back pain?
  •  

Dena

I have seen FTMs who had a reduction operation followed by top surgery. The important thing is to communicate your plan to the surgeon doing the reduction as this might determine the approach and how much is removed during the surgery. It's also possible your initial surgeon may not have the knowledge to do the surgery correctly and you want to know that before having any surgery.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

PainKiller

Breat reduction would happen once you start testosterone and once you start exercising.
  •