Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Epil-pro

Started by Isabelle1970, September 12, 2018, 07:49:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Isabelle1970

Hi.

Me again.

Has anyone any experience of Epil-pro as a alternative to laser or electrolysis?

Thanks

Sx
  •  

Lady Sarah

Epilators are basically plucking machines. The hair will always grow back. If you want permanence, do yourself a favor, and get electrolysis.
started HRT: July 13, 1991
orchi: December 23, 1994
trach shave: November, 1998
married: August 16, 2015
Back surgery: October 20, 2016
  •  

Faith

yep, not an alternative at all. I use one out of desperation. I am very OCD about body hair and shaving is too stubbly. It's actually decent for legs and arms. I'd not recommend it for anywhere else. Especially if laser or electrolysis is in your future, due to root mangling and (most likely) ingrown hair issues.
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

Isabelle1970

Are we talking about the same thing? What I'm talking about is something you get done professionally, where they use a special type of tweezers that zap the hair follicle with high intensity sound waves to destroys the root. Not something that just plucks. 🙂🙂
  •  

Faith

nope, I went on assumption. I've researched some of those devices. I haven't formed an opinion yet. I need more info
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

AutumnLeaves

"Electronic tweezers"  are scams that have been around for decades but which can NEVER permanently remove hair. Hair is a very poor conductor of electricity, and current cannot travel down a hair shaft in anywhere near the level needed to kill the hair. To date, the only method of 100%  permanent hair removal is electrolysis, which works on all hair colours and all skin shades. Laser hair removal can sometimes result in permanent hair reduction when used on dark, coarse hair but it will not work on fine, light hair and can sometimes make such hair worse. Please don't waste your money on electric tweezers.
  •  

Isabelle1970

Thanks for that. I won't waste my money. My beard hair is very course and about 50/50 black or grey. Loose the black and the shadow will at least not show. Electrolysis on the grey. Better start soon else all my hair will be grey  :o
  •