Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Research project from a school student

Started by Cindy, September 15, 2018, 03:01:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cindy

I have request from a year 12 student in Australia (16-17 yrs)who is doing a project as part of their term study on perceived causes of being transgender, biological or social issues. I have worked with this person to try and knock it into some shape that isn't too offensive but it is still pretty rough and naive. 

I am not going to put it on the Forum for those reasons.

If there are people who would be willing to fill this survey in please PM me and I will send it to you with the knowledge that it is pretty rough and some may find some of the questions surprising and possibly a little offensive in naivety. I was willing to help as this young person seemed very keen to understand issues that the community have while coming from a family that is phobic to LGBTIQA people

Cindy
  •  

Chloe

You can PM a link to me Cindy am forever curious what others are doing in terms of questionnaires and polls.

Have a custom copy of a VBulletin linked, php based UCCASS (pronounced yoo-kas) system I've been playing with . . . "that, originally designed for the government, is intended to automate the Command Climate Assessment surveys that unit commanders are required to give but it can also be [modified] for general purpose surveys and polls."

"But it's no use now," thought poor Alice, "to pretend be two people!
"Why, there's hardly enough of me left to make one respectable person!"
  •  

Devlyn

Perhaps a better method for this person to understand our issues would be reading and observing, as opposed to asking a series of offensive and naive questions. As the old saying goes, "Better to Remain Silent and Be Thought a Fool than to Speak and Remove All Doubt."

Thanks for not posting it.
  •  

PurplePelican

Is that the one by a girl named Jen? I've done it, made me feel like a path experiment - I've done 2 others on the same topic written by guys, both were respectful and well written.
This is not medical advice. Always consult your doctor.
  •  

Cindy

We have had about 6 participants. If anyone else is interested PM me.
  •