Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Becca's FFS with Zukowski 2018

Started by Becca Kay, September 16, 2018, 10:51:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Becca Kay

officially 3 days since surgery. My surgery took nearly 11 hours.  It turned out i had a deviated septum and some problems with reconstructing my nose.    I reported to the clinic at 5:30am on Thursday and didn't leave recovery until 10pm.

The last 72 hour were very difficult.  my throat was very sore form having a tube in for 11 hours.  The repositioning of my jaw muscle, chin and jaw bone reduction and trachea shave left me in a lot of pain.  To be honest the forehead and scalp work barely hurt.  The rhinoplasty was very involved, but i'm in little pain in that area.

I got very little sleep the first 48 hrs after surgery.  mostly just dosing briefly and waking up with difficulty breathing and swallowing.  i'm taking Norco for pain management and Diazapam to help rest.

my brow ridge is gone and my orbital rims are now smooth and don't hood my eyes.  My nose is significantly reduced.  I had large nostrils and it was quite prominent on my face.  And Dr Z took a LOT off my chin,  It will be weeks before i start to look like my self

•  

Becca Kay

everyone I have dealt with at the Zukowski Clinic has been wonderful.  I have a 72 hr nurse here at the hotel with me.  She'll be leaving tonight, at which point I"l be on my own with the sister and mother until i leave on Thursday. 

I'll keep posting pics over the next month as swelling goes down.  I won't have the splint off my nose nor the drain out of my neck until wednesday.  Still a ways to go before I go home to DC.
  •  

Sarah1979

So, that was the Metro in the background of your avatar! I was sure of it :) I live in PG county.

Speedy recovery :)

*hugs*
  •  

Becca Kay

Yes. I live in Adams Morgan, metro to Maryland for work!
  •  

mistyjensen

Quote from: Sarah1979 on September 23, 2018, 09:06:12 PM
So, that was the Metro in the background of your avatar! I was sure of it :) I live in PG county.

Speedy recovery :)

*hugs*

Hi Becca,

I wish you a speedy recovery.

I'm in Silver Spring.
Sincerely,

Caitlyn
  •  

Nova_Noelle

Hey Becca,

I hope the healing process continues to move along as smoothly as it can for you.  I'm so glad that your experience has been a positive one (other than the unavoidable pain). 

Have a speedy recovery girl and I'm definitely looking forward to seeing your results as you heal.

With Love,
Noelle
Have courage and be kind.
  •  

Breeze 57

Hi Becca Kay:  Your 3-day post op picture looked pretty good I thought.  Keep it going girl.  If it would be okay, could I impose on you to answer a few questions as I prep for my November surgery date.

1)  How did you pay the nurse(s) who stayed with you at the Staybridge?  Did you pay them in advance of the surgery?  Do they take personal checks?  Do you have to pay them cash?  Did you tip them?  I hope not as $600 a day, it's a bit pricey.

2)  Did you bring food with you?  If so, what did you bring?  At 3-days post op, do you feel good enough to go out and get something to eat?

3)  Any suggestions as to what to bring along with me to make things easier?  I figure no clothing that has to go over your head.

Thanks for your time Becca.  Any and all information you can provide will be of great benefit. 
  •  

Becca Kay

Quote from: Breeze 57 on September 24, 2018, 09:22:11 PM
Hi Becca Kay:  Your 3-day post op picture looked pretty good I thought.  Keep it going girl.  If it would be okay, could I impose on you to answer a few questions as I prep for my November surgery date.

1)  How did you pay the nurse(s) who stayed with you at the Staybridge?  Did you pay them in advance of the surgery?  Do they take personal checks?  Do you have to pay them cash?  Did you tip them?  I hope not as $600 a day, it's a bit pricey.

2)  Did you bring food with you?  If so, what did you bring?  At 3-days post op, do you feel good enough to go out and get something to eat?

3)  Any suggestions as to what to bring along with me to make things easier?  I figure no clothing that has to go over your head.

Thanks for your time Becca.  Any and all information you can provide will be of great benefit.

you pay the nursing service with a cashier's check.  I brought a check the day before my surgery and left it with Dr Z's staff.  The service starts in the Recovery room.

the service is worth it.  the first 24-48 hours are really rough. They drove me to the hotel from the recovery room. They made sure I took my pills, stayed hydrated, etc   They rubed my sore arms, feet, changed my dressings, literally carried me to the toilet.  on the third day Lisa showered me, washed my hair, taught me how to do the facial messages. 

My surgery was last thursday.  I still cannot chew solid food.  the jaw work and masseter muscle reduction is painful.  I've been eating yogurt, ice cream, soups, cream of wheat, oatmeal, pudding, jello.  The first two days i had difficulty swallowing pills.  It's getting better.  I ate scrambled eggs today with no trouble.

I have not left the hotel since I got here post op last thursday night.

I brought a couple of button up night shirts.  After four days I was wearing a cami that was easy to slip over my head. 

In terms of what to bring Dr Z provides a ring binder a couple of weeks prior to surgery that includes a long list of supplies and such.  Buy everything on the list.  You will need it all.

•  

Becca Kay

Today Dr Z took the drain out of my neck.  Tomorrow the splint comes off my nose and chin. And I go home on Thursday.

i feel much better, but i'm still exhausted all day and spend most of my time lying down.  I expect to crash pretty bad when I get home to DC thursday night. 

Bruising around my eyes is slowly going away.  But my face is also very swollen.  My mouth is crooked because one side of my face is swollen worse than the other.  it kind of scares me but Dr Z says I look good for where I am at in recovery. 

I am already amazed at my brow.  I had very hooded eyes.  Now my eyebrows are half an inch higher and my brow is so smooth.

•  

Sarah1979

•  

Danni98

I can see a good bit of difference even with the swelling. I wish you a speedy recovery.
  •  

Becca Kay

this is my last night in Chicago.  Splints came off tonight and I can finally see my nose and chin.  I cried when Dr Z took the splint off.  I just couldn't believe how i could finally see what I have wanted to see all these years.    The pic on the left is today. I'm swollen, bruised, etc.  The pic on the right is a recent selfie with make up.  But you can see the reduction in my chin and nose. 

•  

Michelle_P

Wow, that is a remarkable set of changes!  Congratulations on such good results.
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

Another Nikki

I can see a big difference even with the swelling- I'm happy for you, congrats!
"What you know, you can't explain, but you feel it. You've felt it your entire lifeā€”that there is something wrong. You don't know what it is, but it's there like a splinter in your mind, driving you mad. It is this feeling that has brought you to me."
  •  

Karen

Wow.  Incredible.  You are so strong and are making such great progress.

Hugs.

Karen
Karen

* felt different like I did not fit, with strong feminine feelings and gender questions my entire life
* Sept 2016 - January 2017 real began to seriously question and research gender
* August 2017 friend explains transgender and gender vs sexual orientation, and immediately felt shock and begin to believe I maybe transgender
* March 2018 after 3 therapists, accepts I am transgender and am transitioning
* July 18, 2018 began HRT
* Feb 4, 2019 began Estrogen
  •  

Sarah1979

Quote from: Becca Kay on September 26, 2018, 10:55:40 PM
this is my last night in Chicago.  Splints came off tonight and I can finally see my nose and chin.  I cried when Dr Z took the splint off.  I just couldn't believe how i could finally see what I have wanted to see all these years.    The pic on the left is today. I'm swollen, bruised, etc.  The pic on the right is a recent selfie with make up.  But you can see the reduction in my chin and nose. 

Beautiful!  :)
  •  

Allison S

It's still early with the swelling, but I think going to Dr. Z was a very good choice.
I'm just curious, did you go in knowing what you wanted or did he recommend things?

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

•  

Kendra

Becca!!  This is so cool, you've barely started on healing and already showing such an improvement. 

You're gonna need new glasses within a couple months - the overall shape of your face will have changed that much.  ;)
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

josie76

Becca I am so happy for you! I can see such a difference especially in you chin and nose!

I can already see you are very pretty. Wishes for fast healing!  :)
04/26/2018 bi-lateral orchiectomy

A lifetime of depression and repressed emotions is nothing more than existence. I for one want to live now not just exist!

•  

Becca Kay

Quote from: Allison S on September 27, 2018, 05:50:16 AM
It's still early with the swelling, but I think going to Dr. Z was a very good choice.
I'm just curious, did you go in knowing what you wanted or did he recommend things?

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

i had multiple consults with Dr Z.  He suggested and quoted early on a list of procedures, most of which i had done last week.  I also had consults with Speigel, who suggested similar procedures.

In my consults with Dr Z I told him that was looking for significant change.  His suggestions were designed to produce as good an overall result as possible. 

In my initial online consult he had suggested cheek implants.  After we met in person he decided (and I agreed) that I didn't need cheek implants. 

During our talks I told him what bothered me most about my face and what I wanted or hoped to see changed and he told me what he felt he could do and what would make the most impact.

In my opinion you will get the most out of consults if you ask a LOT of questions.  I think a lot of women don't do that and are then surprised at the complicated surgical quote they get.  FFS is not a science and each of the major surgeons doing this have their own opinions, techniques and aesthetics. 

Dr Z does not use any kind of visualization software in his consults.  One thing that initially frustrated me was that he could not show me exactly what I was going to look like.  Instead he showed me similar former patients before and after pics.

Once I was serious about using Dr Z I sought out as many of his former patients as I possibly good.  I talked to or met with almost a dozen women before my surgery.  They all helped to reasure me that Dr Z was right for me.

•