Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Becca's FFS with Zukowski 2018

Started by Becca Kay, September 16, 2018, 10:51:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paula1

•  

Megansway

You look amazing what did this cost? Can I ask that?

Edit: oh I see it I'm blind. :). Sounds like 60k and others had a bill for 40k? Something like that?
  •  

Becca Kay

my surgery was $40k with Zukowski.  I am mostly happy with my decision to use Zukowski. 

I was quoted $60k by Speigel.  I couldn't afford $60k. 
  •  

Breeze 57

Hi Sophie:  Well, I'm about 3 weeks out with FFS with Dr. Zukowski.  Have to say I'm alittle drunk tonight as I just separated with my wife of 33 years.  Pretty much feel like crap knowing that everything that destroyed our marriage is because of me.  Also, one of my daughters wants nothing to do with me...  That doesn't help much either.  Hopefully, tomorrow will be better.  I'm now living in a trailer full-time as of 5:30PM.  It's a double-wide and is actually quite cozy, so I really shouldn't complain.  But anyway, you look fantastic.   I have to say, I feel like this is a curse right at the moment, but it is what is it is.  I better go to bed.  Just feeling a little self-indulgent despair at the moment.  Anyway, tomorrow will be better.
  •  

Breeze 57

Also, and I wanted to ask about the neck scarfs.  Dr. Zukowski said I needed neck scarfs.  Are these for warmth or for hiding things?  Off to bed I go.
  •  

Danni98

He discussed the scarfs with me the other day, if I remember right it was for warmth.
  •  

scrambledeggs

Quote from: Becca Kay on October 26, 2018, 09:29:30 PM
my surgery was $40k with Zukowski.  I am mostly happy with my decision to use Zukowski. 

I was quoted $60k by Speigel.  I couldn't afford $60k.

Hi Becca! Looking better every time I check back here!

I have a consult with Dr Z and I'm wondering why you're "mostly happy" not "totally happy"? Is there something you'd change about the results?
  •  

Becca Kay

Quote from: Breeze 57 on October 26, 2018, 10:30:20 PM
Also, and I wanted to ask about the neck scarfs.  Dr. Zukowski said I needed neck scarfs.  Are these for warmth or for hiding things?  Off to bed I go.

he probably told you that to keep your neck warm.  I didn't need them.  It was 80 deg at home when I had my surgery
  •  

Becca Kay

Quote from: scrambledeggs on October 27, 2018, 05:49:38 PM
Hi Becca! Looking better every time I check back here!

I have a consult with Dr Z and I'm wondering why you're "mostly happy" not "totally happy"? Is there something you'd change about the results?

Happy:

he made dramatic changes to the things on my face that I most wanted changed, brow/forehead, chin, nose.

his staff is great.  everyone treated me well. 

his follow up is very good.  especially if you have a complication post op, even when you are back at home.

not so happy:

i had part of my masseter muscle removed.  There has been a lot of swelling and discomfort from that specific procedure.  I question whether it will have any noticeable impact on how my face looks.  If it doesn't it will have been a wast of time, money and pain.  I think my recovery would be much farther along if i hadn't had that procedure.

Dr Z has a polarizing bedside manner.  He calls me hun and sweatheart every time i talk to him.  I don't allow anybody else to talk to me that way.  But I put up with it because He gave me the results that i wanted.  he is trying to be complimentary and that's his way of talking to women. 

discuss post op pain management with him prior to surgery.  He typically only prescribes Tramadol post op.  In my opinion if you're having an aggressive suite of procedures like I did you will need stronger pain meds.  I asked for Vicodin. 

•  

Danni98

"Dr Z has a polarizing bedside manner.  He calls me hun and sweatheart every time i talk to him.  I don't allow anybody else to talk to me that way.  But I put up with it because He gave me the results that i wanted.  he is trying to be complimentary and that's his way of talking to women."

I'm in the south so that didn't really bother me. He did tell me I was growing some nice t....s, that was kinda weird, the only person I had previously heard say that was my girlfriend. However it did amuse me and make me randomly giggle for 2 days.
  •  

Becca Kay

I am 6 weeks and one day post op.  Some observations. 

two weeks ago my jowls swelled up quite a bit.  Dr Z stated this was normal, but it was disconcerting and uncomfortable. both sides of my face have calmed down quite a bit since then.

overall swelling throughout my face is noticeably better this week.  The right side of my face, especially close to and around my ears feels almost normal.   

Bruising under my eyes has turned several different colors this week.  And is now red and patchy.  Won't be too long before it's gone... hopefully

As the overall swelling on my face has dissipated I am finding myself looking a tad bit like my old self.  Specifically the apples of my cheeks are nolonger as plump as they were a couple weeks ago.  I am worried the fat grafting is not going to ultimately be very significant.  I didn't get cheek implants because we felt that fat grafting alone would be sufficient.  Now my cheeks are looking more and more flat and I'm slightly bothered by it.

the fullness in my lips has decreased a bit too.  I would like them to be slightly fuller than they now are, more like they were 3 weeks ago.

Reduced swelling means the little crows feet at the corners of my eyes have returned.  While my forehead and brow is smooth as can be some of the signs of age around my eyes are still there and I don't like that.

My facial garment really really irritates my skin, mostly around my neck and chin. Despite using a couple of layers of soft gauze under it.  It didn't seem bad when my neck was covered in bruises, but the bruises are gone now and I have to go to work every morning.  I am using a lot of concealer and foundation to cover the redness and irritation.   

The incision under my nose is still rather ugly.  I haven't pulled out a suture in about a week.  Of all my incisions that one gives me the most grief as it's front and center on my face. 

The rough tissue inside my nostrils is calming down finally.  But the weird asymmetry between my nostrils looks worse.  And my old left leaning nose is obvious again despite my prescribed nose massages.  Dr Z tried to correct the left tilt of my nose in surgery, but I fear it's coming back.

My mouth is still crooked, not quite as bad as three weeks ago.  It still droops noticeably on my left side.  My upper lip droops there as well.  When I smile the left size of my face is less responsive and I can't consciously correct for it.   It almost looks like my upper lip wasn't lifted on the left size of my face.  Supposedly this is still due to the extra swelling on the left side. 

numbness on the top of my head hasn't changed. Numbness under my chin is not changing.  The top half of my left ear is still numb.

I can't move my eyebrows... at all.  They aren't budging.  I thought there would be some movement by now.  This must be what Botox forehead is like

in training my jaw to open all the way I seem to have hit a wall so to speak.  I can't seem to get it past what I was describe as 80% open, compared to pre op.  the muscles don't feel stressed or too tight when I do that.  It just feels like it won't open any farther. 

•  

Donica

It sounds like your recovery is going as planned Sophie. As your doctor said, it's going to take time. You are looking so good now. How is everyone at your work taking all of this?

Donica.
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

scrambledeggs

Quote from: Becca Kay on November 02, 2018, 08:17:07 AM
I am 6 weeks and one day post op.  Some observations. 

two weeks ago my jowls swelled up quite a bit.  Dr Z stated this was normal, but it was disconcerting and uncomfortable. both sides of my face have calmed down quite a bit since then.

overall swelling throughout my face is noticeably better this week.  The right side of my face, especially close to and around my ears feels almost normal.   

Bruising under my eyes has turned several different colors this week.  And is now red and patchy.  Won't be too long before it's gone... hopefully

As the overall swelling on my face has dissipated I am finding myself looking a tad bit like my old self.  Specifically the apples of my cheeks are nolonger as plump as they were a couple weeks ago.  I am worried the fat grafting is not going to ultimately be very significant.  I didn't get cheek implants because we felt that fat grafting alone would be sufficient.  Now my cheeks are looking more and more flat and I'm slightly bothered by it.

the fullness in my lips has decreased a bit too.  I would like them to be slightly fuller than they now are, more like they were 3 weeks ago.

Reduced swelling means the little crows feet at the corners of my eyes have returned.  While my forehead and brow is smooth as can be some of the signs of age around my eyes are still there and I don't like that.

My facial garment really really irritates my skin, mostly around my neck and chin. Despite using a couple of layers of soft gauze under it.  It didn't seem bad when my neck was covered in bruises, but the bruises are gone now and I have to go to work every morning.  I am using a lot of concealer and foundation to cover the redness and irritation.   

The incision under my nose is still rather ugly.  I haven't pulled out a suture in about a week.  Of all my incisions that one gives me the most grief as it's front and center on my face. 

The rough tissue inside my nostrils is calming down finally.  But the weird asymmetry between my nostrils looks worse.  And my old left leaning nose is obvious again despite my prescribed nose messages.  Dr Z tried to correct the left tilt of my nose in surgery, but I fear it's coming back.

My mouth is still crooked, not quite as bad as three weeks ago.  It still droops noticeably on my left side.  My upper lip droops there as well.  When I smile the left size of my face is less responsive and I can't consciously correct for it.   It almost looks like my upper lip wasn't lifted on the left size of my face.  Supposedly this is still due to the extra swelling on the left side. 

numbness on the top of my head hasn't changed. Numbness under my chin is not changing.  The top half of my left ear is still numb.

I can't move my eyebrows... at all.  They aren't budging.  I thought there would be some movement by now.  This must be what Botox forehead is like

in training my jaw to open all the way I seem to have hit a wall so to speak.  I can't seem to get it past what I was describe as 80% open, compared to pre op.  the muscles don't feel stressed or too tight when I do that.  It just feels like it won't open any farther.

Ouch! It sounds like you hit a rough patch in your recovery. I hope everything gets better soon! You still look great!

What did Dr. Z have to say about the asymmetry in your lips and inability to move your eyebrows? Will those correct themselves? And will you need more fat grafting as a revision?
  •  

Becca Kay

he keeps telling me i'm inpatient and need to wait a couple more months.... LOL
  •  

scrambledeggs

Quote from: Becca Kay on November 02, 2018, 01:19:27 PM

That s reassuring at least. He's very experienced so you're you in good hands!
  •  

Becca Kay

Quote from: Donica on November 02, 2018, 08:41:51 AM
It sounds like your recovery is going as planned Sophie. As your doctor said, it's going to take time. You are looking so good now. How is everyone at your work taking all of this?

Donica.

it's actually going as well as expected for what I had done to me
  •  

Michelle_P

Quote from: Becca Kay on November 02, 2018, 01:19:27 PM

Well, it does take time!  My face went totally lopsided for the first month, and my nose was pulled to one side until just the past week, when asymmetric swelling on the septum started finally easing off.  I'm starting to get some sensation over the right eye.  The left upper eyelid, forehead, and crown are still quite numb, but I have just regained control over both eyebrows at 2 months postop.   Chin from the middle of the lower lip to a inch below the curve of the chin is still numb.

And every one of us will be a bit different!
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

Becca Kay

Quote from: Michelle_P on November 02, 2018, 06:53:09 PM
Well, it does take time!  My face went totally lopsided for the first month, and my nose was pulled to one side until just the past week, when asymmetric swelling on the septum started finally easing off.  I'm starting to get some sensation over the right eye.  The left upper eyelid, forehead, and crown are still quite numb, but I have just regained control over both eyebrows at 2 months postop.   Chin from the middle of the lower lip to a inch below the curve of the chin is still numb.

And every one of us will be a bit different!

I am suddenly reminded of my mother telling me "Don't make that face it will stay that way!"
  •  

Becca Kay

This is me in the waiting room at my Doctor's office yesterday.... without a single dysphoric thought

•  

JudiBlueEyes

What a wonderful transformation!  You look great!
But now old friends they're acting strange
They shake their heads, they say I've changed
Well something's lost, but something's gained
In living every day.
  •