Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Set a Date!!!

Started by TK9NY, September 16, 2018, 06:24:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TK9NY

It's been a long and winding road but i finally have a date set for top surgery - January 11, 2019 - with Dr. Rockmore in Albany, NY.

I'm still working a few things out with insurance (there is question as to wether they'll cover it or not - i was told no but my surgeon submitted a request anyway "just in case" and i got a letter from them that more or less says they approved it, but i'm not too sure i trust them) but i have means to pay even if they don't cover it, so.... January 11 can't come fast enough, lol.

Anyone have any tips for pre-surgery, during, and after? Any resources i should look at? I've done a lot of research already, but can never be too prepared and i like hearing stories from people who have personal experience. I'm planning to take two full weeks off of work, then when i go back i'll be doing very light work for a while. For the first week i'm boarding the dogs and staying with my parents.

Also - any tips for saving/making $$? My mom said that she and my dad would help pay, and i fully plan to pay them back if they help out, but i have a little less than four months to save so i don't have to ask them. Any tips or suggestions? I'm already putting some away from each paycheck, i even set up a separate savings account for this, but any ideas would be helpful.

I'm so excited! My mom is already talking about a family vacation at the end of next summer and my first thought was "OMG i won't have to worry about bringing my binders or wearing them there and i'll be able to go to the beach in a tank top or no top and OMG".

•  

Northern Star Girl

@TK9NY
Hey, this is really good news!!!  I will be certain to look for your updates as your future unfolds.

Be certain to look around the forums for other threads that a relevant to your concerns regarding surgery planning, preparation, finances, etc. 
.... and be sure to seek the proper medical advice from your doctor regarding what is required of you prior to your surgery date.

It is wonderful that your parents support your transition plans, not everyone is as fortunate, so you should be very thankful for that.

Thanks for reporting your good news.
Wishing you well,
Danielle

****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

chance

CONGRATS TK9NY!!! 

I was very recently where you are.  And it drove me crazy pretty much.  It's like you know you can't do anything but wait but each day was harder and harder for me.  I couldn't stop focusing more and more on how much they were in the way and feeling more and more discomfort of them being there.  I hope your wait goes quickly! 
"Live like someone left the gate open"
  •