Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Catholic Parishioners Burn Rainbow Flag In 'Exorcism' Ceremony

Started by Janes Groove, September 18, 2018, 10:52:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GingerVicki

One could believe that eating that apple in the Garden of Eden would have resulted in better human behavior. One could also postulate that religion was suppose to domesticate people, but it failed over and over again. Religion brings out the best and worse in mankind.

Thank goodness for the Age of Reason and the Scientific Method. Religion is not needed to be kind to people.
  •  

Joelene9

I don't know why, but I am getting a lot of suggestions on YouTube to view the traditional conservative (In the Catholic faith) posters on this same subject. Some are calling for the Pope to resign. Not only are they going after the LGBT groups but the Protestants as well. This is the US and I am not used to this rhetoric! I grew up respecting the people of other faiths and going to school with them. We even visited each other's churches. Now the Prosperity Gospel people are getting more into the act. We don't want a holy war here.

Joelene
  •  

Lady Sarah

Quote from: Joelene9 on September 20, 2018, 06:19:47 PM
  I don't know why, but I am getting a lot of suggestions on YouTube to view the traditional conservative (In the Catholic faith) posters on this same subject. Some are calling for the Pope to resign. Not only are they going after the LGBT groups but the Protestants as well. This is the US and I am not used to this rhetoric! I grew up respecting the people of other faiths and going to school with them. We even visited each other's churches. Now the Prosperity Gospel people are getting more into the act. We don't want a holy war here.

Joelene

Constitutionally, we're supposed to have separation of church and state. Now, with people being given the right to hate and discriminate based on religious ideology, we are just beginning to see what is to come here. Holy wars are still being fought in other regions of the world, and they are due to come to America soon enough. The burning of the rainbow flag is nothing compared to the mass genocides that have occurred elsewhere.
No matter how much technology humans develop, we are still a primitive specie. Proof is in the daily news reports.
started HRT: July 13, 1991
orchi: December 23, 1994
trach shave: November, 1998
married: August 16, 2015
Back surgery: October 20, 2016
  •  

Laurie

:police:                                                                                                                  :police:

It is apparent that this thread has run it's course on the subject, Therefore it is being closed.

Laurie
Global Moderator
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis