Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Wetness: smell and amount

Started by Ephemeral, September 20, 2018, 02:13:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ephemeral

So, I apologize for anyone who feels triggered by this subject, but it needs to be raised sooner or later, eh?

Anyway, I've been on T for 5+ years and I've always been more on the wet side even before T, but whereas how wet I was then was "normal", now when I get aroused, my wetness is the sort of thing you only see in hentai, lol.

I get so wet I soak through any underwear I wear, if not sooner, then later. It doesn't take a whole lot of time for me to do it, either. And while I guess I would be ok with this, what I really dislike how it smells now. It has this sort of pungent, metallic smell. I guess the closest comparison would be that it smells like semen? Not sure. It's been forever since my face was anywhere close a male crotch irl.

Either way, I really dislike it myself. I wish it would be a bit less powerful, at least. I've wondered how someone could ever want to put their face anywhere close my downstairs area because of it, because I probably wouldn't if I were to do it to myself. The few times I've ever briefly thought about licking or tasting myself has also been incredibly repelled by the pungent smell. It is luckily not so strong so I think it can be smelled as long I keep myself clean, but it is definitely noticeable if I failed to wash myself properly and I've been walking around aroused for a while so it dries up down there. Changing undies regularly helps, also.

I've also brought this up in a couple of various FTM groups and none seem to really have that experience or any tips on how to improve it. I think the only real option would be to just stop taking T, but that's not quite an option, so.

I guess I've also never quite been the person to enjoy the smell of human crotches regardless if male or female, but does anyone share these experiences? Did you find something to improve it? I don't have yeast as I've been to the gyn a couple of times and while I suffer from dryness, I don't have any occurring yeast infections.
Come watch with me as our world burns.
  •  

Kylo

Hm, no. Not noticed anything like that. T put an end to that female goo and now it's just clean clear stuff and very little of it. None of it ending up externally by itself really, which was the norm with estrogen.

Are you sure it's the stuff and not mixing with any urine? because obv. on T that's potent as hell. Male crotch scent is immediate on T just because it's a biproduct in urine and is so strong you only need a tiny bit for it to be detectable. I found some deodorants that basically kill the male crotch scent, but most regular ones aren't strong enough to do that.

Any stuff produced in there has some proteins in it, so it's going to have some sort of scent. I guess the scent strength might depend on how old it is. You can clean it out regularly with water flushing if you gotta. But then it might just be unique to the person. I don't produce much in the way of fluids myself and it doesn't seem to have much of a scent. But then I'm a fairly dry-skinned person who doesn't seem to sweat much anymore either, which can come with its own set of problems.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
  •  

blackcat

I noticed my smell changed completely, too, and it's intense in conjunction with arousal (a sweaty hot yoga class won't make me smell the same way). I'm barely 2 months on T, so I was hoping it would level out.

I'm meticulous with hygiene. Some days I shower twice. I have had moments of, "Do ALL guys smell like this?!" Is it more noticeable to me because it's my smell that changed?

The is less intense during shark week. (I can't wait for shark week to go away, though.)

Before HRT, the way my body smelled before shark week would freak me out to the max. I'm glad I don't have those smells anymore, I think smelling girl smell made me dysphoric. Now I'm neutral about how I smell, maybe surprised because it's more potent.

Hormones are strange.
  •  

Ryuichi13

I too have noticed that my scent has changed.  Its more acidic-smelling, definitely a male scent.

I'm no longer sure if I actually get wet, but I don't seem to much anymore. I never had a wetness problem like you're describing before transitioning, but when I did have some "extra wetness" right before shark week, I used panty liners to help absorb it.  It something to consider.  Maybe if not a panty liner, then a light bladder pad might work to absorb excess wetness.

I've heard that some transmen ejaculate, maybe that's what you're doing.  Ejaculating.   Maybe this article will help.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skene%27s_gland

Ryuichi

•  

Ephemeral

Quote from: Ryuichi13 on September 21, 2018, 02:09:43 AM
I too have noticed that my scent has changed.  Its more acidic-smelling, definitely a male scent.

I'm no longer sure if I actually get wet, but I don't seem to much anymore. I never had a wetness problem like you're describing before transitioning, but when I did have some "extra wetness" right before shark week, I used panty liners to help absorb it.  It something to consider.  Maybe if not a panty liner, then a light bladder pad might work to absorb excess wetness.

I've heard that some transmen ejaculate, maybe that's what you're doing.  Ejaculating.   Maybe this article will help.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skene%27s_gland

Ryuichi

No, not ejaculation, as it doesn't seem related to whether I orgasm or not.
Come watch with me as our world burns.
  •  

SeptagonScars

You describe my exact experience with my own wetness on testosterone. It nearly drove me crazy. So yes it is a thing that can happen and you're not the only one.

I still struggle with this issue cause even though I've now stopped taking my T it will stay in my system a little while more. However it doesn't bother me as much anymore. It is the T that is causing the excess wetness, and I've talked to a few other trans guys who've had that experience too, but you're right that it's very rarely ever talked about. Why it happens, I don't know. It's not dangerous, but do try to drink some extra water as that might dehydrate you a little.

As for how to deal with it. There are only two ways you could lessen the flow: either quit T or get a vaginectomy. Arguably a hysto can help, as I've heard a few guys say that decreased their flow a bit, but that it made no change at all for other guys, and some reported a very small difference. I only have anecdotal evidence on whether a hysto can lessen it or not.

As for how I've dealt with it, are the same things as you: keeping clean, changing underwear often. Additionally to that, I've also used pantiliners to soak it up. That might be a dysphoria-inducing kind of item for you to use, but well, if it's of interest, they worked fine for me to use in men's boxer briefs and briefs. They're very thin and I don't feel them when wearing them, unless the glue gets stuck in my pubes. For obvious reasons. But by wearing such my underwear survive longer between washes and also, it saves them from getting bleached by the natural acids that are in that sort of fluid.

So if this is a rather new change for you, a heads up: it will cause bleach stains in your underwear over time if you don't protect them somehow. Just washing them won't help, the discoloration can't be removed.

If you don't wanna use pantiliners though, I did during some time periods stick to just wipe myself after every time I got aroused and/or masturbated, and just whenever it started feeling sticky, with lots of toilet paper.

The smell change is also the T's work. That's the "manly odour" that being on T causes for probably everyone. I did actually dare to taste my wetness a couple of times a while ago, and I can report that it was very similar in taste to semen. Very mild when I'm clean, but very strong (and gross) when unwashed for a days. I deal with my own smell by simply washing with mild, non-perfumed soap. However I noticed that when moisturing the area with olive oil that reduces the otherwise pungent smell somewhat. Olive oil is fine to use there externally, just make sure it's fresh, and don't put it up inside.
Mar. 2009 - came out as ftm
Nov. 2009 - changed my name to John
Mar. 2010 - diagnosed with GID
Aug. 2010 - started T, then stopped after 1 year
Aug. 2013 - started T again, kept taking it since
Mar. 2014 - top surgery
Dec. 2014 - legal gender marker changed to male
Jul. 2018 - came out as cis woman and began detransition
Sep. 2018 - stopped taking T and changed my name to Laura
Oct. 2018 - got new ID-card

Medical Detransition plans: breast reconstruction surgery, change legal gender back to female.
  •  

smithers 70

My scent changed early on but mellowed out. Aa far as wetness goes, in my day to day I'm dry but not *too* dry if that makes sense. When aroused, though, I get very hard and wet.

For reference, I'm about 10 yrs on T.

Sent from my LM-X210VPP using Tapatalk

•  

Kylo

Quote from: SeptagonScars on October 07, 2018, 03:03:46 PM
The smell change is also the T's work. That's the "manly odour" that being on T causes for probably everyone. I did actually dare to taste my wetness a couple of times a while ago, and I can report that it was very similar in taste to semen.

Glad I'm not the only one to notice. I didn't taste it but it has the same scent. The biologist in me finds this interesting.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
  •  

SeptagonScars

Quote from: Kylo on November 27, 2018, 02:44:38 AM
Glad I'm not the only one to notice. I didn't taste it but it has the same scent. The biologist in me finds this interesting.

As someone who's been intimate with cis men, it's easy to compare scent and taste. I find it interesting too, that our hormones have quite an impact on how we smell.

Also, since I went off T a couple of months ago and my natural estrogen has kicked in again, my smell has returned to a much milder and sweeter smell again. Not at all that pungent thing going on anymore. It was a very quick and intense change, so clearly unmistakable. That too confirms (at least to me) that the smell has to do with the hormones.
Mar. 2009 - came out as ftm
Nov. 2009 - changed my name to John
Mar. 2010 - diagnosed with GID
Aug. 2010 - started T, then stopped after 1 year
Aug. 2013 - started T again, kept taking it since
Mar. 2014 - top surgery
Dec. 2014 - legal gender marker changed to male
Jul. 2018 - came out as cis woman and began detransition
Sep. 2018 - stopped taking T and changed my name to Laura
Oct. 2018 - got new ID-card

Medical Detransition plans: breast reconstruction surgery, change legal gender back to female.
  •