News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Happened to anyone?

Started by rorythedinosaur, September 21, 2018, 10:40:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rorythedinosaur

So, I got my top surgery 2 weeks ago.
I waited for it with high expectations, even if i knew the risks. My doctor said i could choose between peri and cut, and i chose cut because i thought i'd prefer scars over complications, re-touches, etc.. Unfortunately a few minutes before the surgery my doctor took measurements and said i could not get the cut since there wasn't enough skin on my right side. She decided for the peri. I was ok with that, too, since i trust her (i still do) very much.

Unfortunately i got this complication on my right side, where the nipple went necrotic right after surgery and never came back to life. It looked like i was losing the whole nipple-areola complex. After 16 days today, the situations is as follows: a small part of my areola is back to life (even if it is far from healed...) and actually it has blood in it, which is a good thing. Nearly half of the complex is dead, and we are actually trying to save the other half. The doctor says that, as long as there's a half of it that's alive, we can have  a very good result because she had to reduce the nipple size anyway after a few months, so she will be able to use the left nipple, which is big, to get both nipples done. I hope it's like that because i don't want a tattooed nipple (no offense to guys having it, really, i just want a real nipple because it's important to me).

On my left side, i have some "folds" in my skin and a little bit of "depression" in one point, which looks like it's been excavated. I also get these strange tingling feelings, the left part looks like it is "hyper-sensitive" so that i get chills when i drink (!) or touch it.

I am under doctor control (she sees me once a week) so i am not looking for medical advice. I just wanted to know if this happened to anyone here and if that's normal / can be fixed.
  •