Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

only social transition without hrt and grs

Started by RobynS, September 23, 2018, 05:38:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobynS

On this moment i live some 60% time as female and 40% time as male.
Im planning to have a ffs surgery in 2019 to pass as female.
I don't want hrt and grs.
After my ffs im going live fulltime as female.
Is out here some experiance with full time living as female without grs and hrt?
  •  

Dani

I have never tried to do this, but depending on your age and physical appearance, you may be able to do this very well. I have a neighbor who has been non-op since the 1990's. She is a very slender person who is not very tall. Everyone in the area accepts her as female, mainly because she has legally changed her name and always dresses as female. However, as she got older, she has lost hair on the top and front of her head. We have discussed hair loss remedies, such as transplants and Finasteride.

Many of us started out as you describe, dressing as female without surgery of hormones, with the one year of Real Life Experience requirement that was recently eliminated. Some therapists required us to at least come to appointments cross dressed just to see if we could live as our chosen gender. The older transitioners had a difficult time with this requirement. Thankfully it is no longer a strict requirement.

As we got older, many of us found it very difficult to maintain our feminine, youthful appearance. Testosterone made us big and muscular and the changes to our face were obvious. Hormone therapy was essential for the older girls.

All I can say is give it a try and if it works for you, then go for it. My personal opinion is that few of us can do this for very long. Since we are all different, you might be able be non-op and present as female for a long time.
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: RobynS on September 23, 2018, 05:38:18 AM
On this moment i live some 60% time as female and 40% time as male.
Im planning to have a ffs surgery in 2019 to pass as female.
I don't want hrt and grs.
After my ffs im going live fulltime as female.
Is out here some experiance with full time living as female without grs and hrt?

@RobynS
Hmmm, my immediate thoughts are "nothing ventured, nothing gained"  ....   you can certainly give it a try, see how it goes and then you would have the option to elect to go farther down the road on your transition journey as you desire.

In my own experience with my transition... and only my experience.... as a young boy and then a young college man I was a small guy, 5ft 4inches, no muscles, light blonde hair,  no bulk, soft looking girly face and a voice to match... all of that caused me to endure endless bullying from the male jocks and even some of the girls.   But of course, once I decided to transition, all of that worked in my favor.    In fact, I was able to pass the majority of the time well before I started HRT....   but do know that HRT was the capstone to my transition and being able to go full time as a woman.   HRT accentuated my curves, softened my face and body even more, reduced my already light and thin body and face hair growth, etc.   

Please do be advised that my results and the results that you read about others will probably not be your own.   
HRT works with each of our own unique bodies in a unique way based on our genes and how our bodies react to the hormones. 
Some will see more significant and quicker results and some will see less significant and slower results. 
As it is said here on the Forums, "your mileage may vary" !!!!

Take some time and read the other posts and replies around the Forums, get as much information as you can as you make your decisions.
If you will, keep us updated as your journey continues.

Hugs and well wishes,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

Dena

Your dealing with a balancing act. It would be possible for you to do this and many of us have as a part of our RLE requirement for surgery. HRT wasn't as effective as it is today so my RLE time was spent with relatively normal levels of Testosterone in my system. Over the long term you could find passing more difficult as testosterone continues to affect our body as we age. Less head hair, more body/facial hair and masculine fat distribution. How much this will change you will be dependent on your genetics. Possibly it might never be a problem or it might over time make passing more difficult.

We have others on the site who have taken this approach. One of the reasons is to retain sexual function. If this is important to you, it would be wise to avoid both HRT and GCS as they may not be reversible.

You have the right to change your mind latter on should you find just a social transition isn't enough for you. This can be a process of exploration so taking one step then evaluating your feelings is a valid and wise approach.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

barbie

Yes. Without HRT, I present myself as female. But passing is virtually meaningless to me, as people know who I am. For strangers, I pass well as female.

Some of my friends say I will look handsome if I wear men's formal dress, and I once did, and some people complimented my appearance as man.

But during the past few years, I have never worn men's clothes, even for formal events. I teach and lecture while dressing as female everyday. Regarding hair loss, I have taken Finasteride for a preemptive measure, and have used natural shampoo. My hair became grey as I age (54 yr old), and I have my hair dye in hair salon.

I sometimes worry what dress I should wear for wedding ceremonies of my 3 kids.

barbie~~

barbie~~
Just do it.
  •  

Maid Marion

I find that if I dress even slightly feminine, as wearing flannel shirt with girly colors and a red undershirt and black jeans, I get gendered as female, even though I'm over 50 and my hair has turned salt and pepper.  My hair has thinned out a little, but it still has a lot of volume as it wants to curl on its own.
  •  

DebbySoufflage

Social transition without medical transition can be done.

I know a trans lady in my area who had her documents changed to her desired sex and she had lots of electrolysis and breast augmentation but she is not on hormones and doesn't have plans for GRS. She never went into the details of the "why" but she looks very passable actually and she only rarely gets clocked.
Her wife supports her and everyone is tolerant of the choices she made in her transition.

She and her wife recently moved to the South of France so her and I only have contact by email these days but when she lived closer, we were good friends and I liked her.

Do what makes you happy, not what makes society happy.

I'm a non-op trans woman on HRT and cis people ask me all the time when I will finally get bottom surgery.
  •