News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

epliating too painful?

Started by MissKatie, September 26, 2018, 05:11:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MissKatie

Hey all :)
after terrible shaving rash I get on my legs I decided to bite the bullet and get a wet and dry epilator.
so I used it in a hot shower like instructed and half an hour after taking two codeine tablets.
codeine stopped me feeling a crippling toothache yet did nothing for my leg plucking.

Is there a wrong way of doing it? I'm confused as to why it hurts that much.

any advice would be appreciated :)
  •  

AnonyMs

It's really bad for the first few times, but gets easier as you do it more. After a while it just tickles.

If you can do laser. That may hurt a lot too, but also gets easier and its permanent.
  •  

MissKatie

Quote from: AnonyMs on September 26, 2018, 05:22:06 PM
It's really bad for the first few times, but gets easier as you do it more. After a while it just tickles.

If you can do laser. That may hurt a lot too, but also gets easier and its permanent.

laser is quite a bit out of my budget at the moment but I'd love to do it :)
  •  

Veronica J

mine used to hurt, not soo much no more.. just dont let it go for like a month.....
  •  

GordonG

I'll also say that it gets easier the more you do it.
I'm a gender confused guy who lives an hour north of Seattle.
I believe that I was influenced by DES. I have crossdressed in public a handful of times, see avatar picture (enhanced with FaceApp).
I don't plan on transitioning, no GRS, FFS, nor BA.
I consider myself TransFeminine. But reserve the right to change my mind at any time.  ;D

Spironolactone; 7-16-2018
E sublinguals; 10-5-2018
Orchi; 2-15-19
No more Spiro. 

•  

Kendra

To minimize pain I found it really helped to avoid caffeine 8 hours before laser or electrolysis.  And drink plenty of water.

If you found epilating painful, postpone the coffee.  ;)
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

barbie

Tria home laser worked well for me to reduce facial and body hair: https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php?topic=136864

barbie~~
Just do it.
  •  

Devlyn

Tweezing hurts until you get used to it, and epilation is just really fast tweezing. Like everyone else has said, it gets easier.
  •  

Faith

no pain at all anymore, I feel the little, how to describe, I have no idea. I can feel the hair pulled, just no pain.
Now, if there's a hair that was missed a few times and got long (or grew fast *sigh*) .. OWWW .. epilators and longer hairs do not mix.
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

Veronica J

Quote from: Faith on September 28, 2018, 05:40:29 AM
no pain at all anymore, I feel the little, how to describe, I have no idea. I can feel the hair pulled, just no pain.
Now, if there's a hair that was missed a few times and got long (or grew fast *sigh*) .. OWWW .. epilators and longer hairs do not mix.

the dam battery doesnt last long enough. i followed the guide to starting and  after a full epi session let it grow for a month and then started once a per week. now its like 15~20 tops to be done for another week.
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Has anyone here tried the Finishing Touch Flawless Facial Hair Remover?
It is about $20. 

Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Faith

Quote from: Veronica A on October 06, 2018, 07:02:36 PM
the dam battery doesnt last long enough. i followed the guide to starting and  after a full epi session let it grow for a month and then started once a per week. now its like 15~20 tops to be done for another week.

I use the:
Braun Silk-épil 9 9-579

One charge gets everything, except the stragglers. You do have to work a little harder and longer when first starting.
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

Devlyn

Quote from: Faith on October 08, 2018, 06:23:50 AM
I use the:
Braun Silk-épil 9 9-579

One charge gets everything, except the stragglers. You do have to work a little harder and longer when first starting.

Another Silk-epil 9 user here, I love the damn thing!
  •  

Veronica J

Quote from: Devlyn on October 08, 2018, 06:41:36 AM
Another Silk-epil 9 user here, I love the damn thing!

just checked, mine is also a braun silk epil-9  wet and dry with all attachments. with my long legs if i let the hair grow for a 3 weeks or more than the charge doesn't last long enough to do them completely. the unit is amazing and gets every single hair, the light helps as well. i also exfoliate as often as i can :)

once i followed the guide, like let it grow for 4 weeks and then epilate and after do so weekly. it doesn't take more than 10~15 minutes (just timed myself - i gen watch tv while i am epilating) to be completely done. with no hairs needing to be tweeziered.

i simply cant do the under arms or get close the the err down below.... for the arm pits  i only have to use a razer once  at most twice per week.
  •  

RabbitSpectre

Quote from: MissKatie on September 26, 2018, 05:11:27 PM
Hey all :)
after terrible shaving rash I get on my legs I decided to bite the bullet and get a wet and dry epilator.
so I used it in a hot shower like instructed and half an hour after taking two codeine tablets.
codeine stopped me feeling a crippling toothache yet did nothing for my leg plucking.

Is there a wrong way of doing it? I'm confused as to why it hurts that much.

any advice would be appreciated :) 

I have sensitive skin so I get the highly unpleasant razor bumps as well.

A little trick I learned ; shave those legs and bottom areas with hair conditioner!!!!!

If it's a good make (not the typical cheap American or Chinese stuff) it should work very well and create minimal razor burn. Also remember to do slower longer strokes. If you just wing your razor along in short quick motions, that is NOT good for those pores.

Additionally, get a good razor. Venus is the most common but I honestly think it's not very good unless you're immune to razorbumps. Sometimes men's multi-bladed razors are good as you can find more with large lubricating gel strips that make a world of difference, and they get those stubborn hairs in far less strokes, meaning less irritation, especially in areas prone to difficulty or sensitivity.

I tried waxing once. It did a good job, but my legs were more irritated than anything I've ever gotten shaving.

And stay away from epilation products! Very few do the right job without nasty side-effects, and even fewer can be used without serious risk of pore damage. I personally think they shouldn't even be allowed to be sold.
  •  

Devlyn

How many times have you used an epilator, Rabbit? Millions of women worldwide use them.
  •  

Veronica J

Quote from: Devlyn on October 09, 2018, 01:33:09 AM
How many times have you used an epilator, Rabbit? Millions of women worldwide use them.

yup and by pore damage??? what do you mean exactly?

do i want the roots in the hairs of my legs permanantly damaged that no hair grows? you bet yah.

has it started? i think so each week i epilate there isnt nearly as much as before..
  •  

krobinson103

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on October 06, 2018, 09:40:09 PM
Has anyone here tried the Finishing Touch Flawless Facial Hair Remover?
It is about $20.

Yes I have one. Its more like a micro screen shaver. Very good for tidying up at 6pm. Its NOT a hair removal solution even if they say it is. I like carrying it in my bag for a painless way to shave off very short hairs.
Every day is a totally awesome day
Every day provides opportunities and challenges
Every challenge leads to an opportunity
Every fear faced leads to one more strength
Every strength leads to greater success
Success leads to self esteem
Self Esteem leads to happiness.
Cherish every day.
  •  

krobinson103

I use an orginal epilady (corded) on my arms and legs. The thing is BRUTAL but it gets the job done and does damage to the root every single time so I know that every 2-3 weeks less hairs come back. Does it hurt? Oh yes... more than laser hair removal on max (and I use no drugs etc so just deal).

BUT its also very effective. No pain... no gain!
Every day is a totally awesome day
Every day provides opportunities and challenges
Every challenge leads to an opportunity
Every fear faced leads to one more strength
Every strength leads to greater success
Success leads to self esteem
Self Esteem leads to happiness.
Cherish every day.
  •  

Veronica J

Quote from: krobinson103 on October 16, 2018, 11:46:09 PM
I use an orginal epilady (corded) on my arms and legs. The thing is BRUTAL but it gets the job done and does damage to the root every single time so I know that every 2-3 weeks less hairs come back. Does it hurt? Oh yes... more than laser hair removal on max (and I use no drugs etc so just deal).

BUT its also very effective. No pain... no gain!

odd laser hurts for me, epilating not a thing.. except when it gets near the private area  ;)
  •