Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Marine Corps Marathon Training...

Started by Sarah1979, October 02, 2018, 06:14:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sarah1979

Ok girls... I'm counting on y'all to keep me honest here, so I'm hereby making my Strava profile public, and putting in a link.

https://www.strava.com/athletes/sarah_staubs

To make sure I get in, I will be doing the Marine Corps 17.75k April 13, 2019. Finishing this run guarantees an entry into the Marathon.

On Saturday, September 29, I did the Virginia 10 Miler, and I run 3 times a week.

I'm counting on y'all to keep me honest about these running appointments as well.

:D
  •  

Sarah1979

Sorry, I could only make the last 2 months worth of runs public :(

Edit: nevermind, was looking at the wrong list... I have over 200 runs on here though, so it will take a while to get them all publicized...  some are inside the privacy zone I have designated around my house though, sorry.
  •  

sarah1972

Nice! I hope I survive my 5k in November (really close to you)

Maybe if I continue training I can join you one day!

•  

Sarah1979

Anytime honey! :) I'm doing the Turkey Trot this year in Fairfax, VA.  I was going to do the one in Lynchburg with my cousin, but due to my coming out experience with him, that's out.  See you on the road! :D
  •  

sarah1972

Quote from: Sarah1979 on October 02, 2018, 06:59:57 PM
Anytime honey! :) I'm doing the Turkey Trot this year in Fairfax, VA.  I was going to do the one in Lynchburg with my cousin, but due to my coming out experience with him, that's out.  See you on the road! :D
Ha! The 5k Route or the double loop for 10k?

I guess I will see you there, I will be the last to cross the finish line...

•  

Sarah1979

I had no idea there was a double loop option, um... if I can still do that, I'll probably shoot for it. (Hurriedly checks website)
  •  

Sarah1979

I'm not sure if my pm's are actually going out, they're not showing up in my sent items... so just to make sure, I just finished signing up for the 10k for the other turkey trot... see you there! :D
  •  

Sarah1979

Phew... 203 items on strava now public :D that was harder than I thought...  lol
  •  

sarah1972

Quote from: Sarah1979 on October 02, 2018, 07:37:24 PM
I'm not sure if my pm's are actually going out, they're not showing up in my sent items... so just to make sure, I just finished signing up for the 10k for the other turkey trot... see you there! :D
Sweet! This will be fun. I am most likely more walking than running but participating is what counts... doubt I will make the cut off time. [emoji23][emoji23]

•  

Devlyn

Quote from: Sarah1979 on October 02, 2018, 07:37:24 PM

If you mean PMs here, go to Profile/Modify Profile/Personal Messaging to set your preferences.  :)
  •  

Sarah1979

Like I always tell my mother... one step at a time.   When I first started running, I could barely finish a half mile. It's just keeping at it.
  •  

Sarah1979

Quote from: Devlyn on October 03, 2018, 07:10:23 AM
If you mean PMs here, go to Profile/Modify Profile/Personal Messaging to set your preferences.  :)

Thanks!! Thought I was going as crazy as my cousin thinks I already am.  :)
  •  

Sarah1979

Getting back into the training routine...

5 miles, 9:44 avg, tempo run
  •  

sarah1972

Ha! We may cross the finish line together... you on the 10k and I on the 5k [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Quote from: Sarah1979 on October 05, 2018, 05:46:20 AM
Getting back into the training routine...

5 miles, 9:44 avg, tempo run

•  

barbie

I have run during the past 15 years, but just finished a full course twice. I tend to run slowly to avoid any possible injury in the long term. I have tracked my running since 2011 by Runkeeper:

Recently I started riding a mountain bike and have recorded using Strava: https://www.strava.com/athletes/33446320

Yes. I am going to run occasionally together with biking.

barbie~~

Just do it.
  •  

Sarah1979

My longest run so far is 11 miles, but my next long run is on Sunday so I'm going for 12 hopefully *crosses fingers*
I might have to reduce a bit after the 10 miler this past Saturday, I pushed pretty hard up the last hill.
  •  

barbie

Quote from: Sarah1979 on October 05, 2018, 07:04:24 AM
My longest run so far is 11 miles, but my next long run is on Sunday so I'm going for 12 hopefully *crosses fingers*
I might have to reduce a bit after the 10 miler this past Saturday, I pushed pretty hard up the last hill.

Without practice you can finish a half-course marathon if you do not mind the record. But, full course is different. Without intense practices, few people can finish it. My experience tells that running a full-course marathon is more difficult than 12-hour biking. For half-course marathons, I finished without any serious problem even though I drank wine and other alcohol beverages a lot in the previous night. Sometimes I ran while being drunken.

The best seasons for running and marathon are of course spring and fall. October is nice for marathon.

It was really difficult for me to run and bike in the mid summer, as I had to stop frequently to drink water. For the following course, I drunk 12 bottles of water.

barbie~~
Just do it.
  •  

Sarah1979

Oh I fully intend on doing intense training that's why I started this thread: for public accountability.
  •  

Sarah1979

Quote from: sarah1972 on October 05, 2018, 06:59:53 AM
Ha! We may cross the finish line together... you on the 10k and I on the 5k [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

I would love to cross the finish line with you :D
  •  

sarah1972

So... my training for today: 20 minutes treadmill and a one hour Zumba class... I have not been in weeks and I forgot how much it trains the leg muscles...

•