Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Marine Corps Marathon Training...

Started by Sarah1979, October 02, 2018, 06:14:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sarah1979

I love it!  Never tried Zumba how is it?
  •  

sarah1972

Quote from: Sarah1979 on October 05, 2018, 10:57:40 AM
I love it!  Never tried Zumba how is it?
I am in a fairly advanced high power class. I am usually sweating a lot.

There are a lot of Latin dance moves and booty shaking involved. I also call it twerking class.

The group is a good mix of very advanced girls and beginners, so I can adjust to my level. I usually need a few classes to get the moves straight.

All the leg work is really helping with leg muscles which will then hopefully help with my running too... I also think that a lot of the moves help with feminizing my movements outside of the class.

There is one or sometimes two male in the class, the rest are all women.

Give it a try, it is a lot of fun, can be really sweaty and exhausting. Just bring lots of water [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

•  

Sarah1979

Quote from: sarah1972 on October 05, 2018, 11:45:52 AM
I am in a fairly advanced high power class. I am usually sweating a lot.

There are a lot of Latin dance moves and booty shaking involved. I also call it twerking class.

The group is a good mix of very advanced girls and beginners, so I can adjust to my level. I usually need a few classes to get the moves straight.

All the leg work is really helping with leg muscles which will then hopefully help with my running too... I also think that a lot of the moves help with feminizing my movements outside of the class.

There is one or sometimes two male in the class, the rest are all women.

Give it a try, it is a lot of fun, can be really sweaty and exhausting. Just bring lots of water [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

ROFL twerking class... Maybe I'll try once I get back home, just went back out on the road... out here until thanksgiving. I probably need lots of help with feminizing my movements.
  •  

Sarah1979

•  

sarah1972

Quote from: Sarah1979 on October 05, 2018, 12:04:06 PM
ROFL twerking class... Maybe I'll try once I get back home, just went back out on the road... out here until thanksgiving. I probably need lots of help with feminizing my movements.
Let me know, I can bring a guest to my gym! We can go together !

•  

Sarah1979

:D Excellent! I will be quite busy when I get there... finally got my HRT letter just before I left. :D
  •  

sarah1972

Yeah!!! This is excellent news! Congratulations! So glad to hear you got your HRT letter!

Quote from: Sarah1979 on October 05, 2018, 02:32:03 PM
:D Excellent! I will be quite busy when I get there... finally got my HRT letter just before I left. :D

•  

Sarah1979

:) Now I just have to get an appointment somewhere to get the magic elixir going again... :D
  •  

barbie

Quote from: Sarah1979 on October 05, 2018, 02:23:21 PM
BTW @barbie, I love Moots bikes :D

My friend gave it to me a few months ago. He then always brags how much expensive it is.

barbie~~
Just do it.
  •  

Sarah1979

They are expensive, maybe after I finish my transition I can get one :)
  •  

Sarah1979

Long run, 12 miles, 11:16 average

Would have been faster, but I had to stop and talk to the cops who had blocked off the road I was going to run on. Fortunately, they let me go as they had only closed it to vehicles because of the crazy dense fog this morning.
  •  

Courtney.lane408

Quote from: Sarah1979 on October 02, 2018, 06:59:57 PM
Anytime honey! :) I'm doing the Turkey Trot this year in Fairfax, VA.  I was going to do the one in Lynchburg with my cousin, but due to my coming out experience with him, that's out.  See you on the road! :D
Yay virginia!! RVA here :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  •  

Sarah1979

I saw your post about the Hokies, so I figured you were down that way, but I don't think I'll be going dorm there much anymore after my coming out to my cousin, who coincidentally, is also a Hokie.

Hugs,

Sarah
  •  

Sarah1979

You know, I might do the 10 miler next year, just not telling my cousin I'm there...
  •  

Sarah1979

Been lazy the last couple of weeks, I hate running in the rain, but that seems to have calmed down... so this morning...

3 miles
27:09
9:02/mile

Fastest mile ever!!
8:35
  •  

barbie

I am visiting Yokohama, Japan, and I just ran around the downtown area this morning.

barbie~~

Just do it.
  •  

Sarah1979

That's awesome barbie, :) I'm going to work on getting up to your level lol.

Hugs

Sarah
  •  

Sarah1979

So, this morning...

3.25 miles
30:21
9:20/mile

Getting back into the swing of it

Sarah
  •  

barbie

Quote from: Sarah1979 on October 29, 2018, 08:18:13 PM
That's awesome barbie, :) I'm going to work on getting up to your level lol.

Hugs

Sarah

Yes. Running is a kind of long-term goal. Start slowly and think that you will still run in 10 years. Many people stop running by injury within a year as they start too fast. I still run very slowly, fearing any injury in waist and legs.

barbie~~
Just do it.
  •  

Sarah1979

I use a very particular technique that largely prevents injuries, I just hate running in the rain.

Hugs,

Sarah
  •