Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Passing with "Plain Face"? (No makeup)

Started by Josephine8Alexandria, October 07, 2018, 04:26:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josephine8Alexandria

Alright, I pass most of the time especially at a distance, mists, darkness, and older people who need glasses, and yes, much of the time under more ideal conditions too.  But that is with all the accoutrements: Wig (due to age), makeup, clothes.  But how many women do you see with makeup or specifically feminine clothes out and about?  No makeup, shorts and sloppy t-shirt... like that and I wouldn't pass.  I just wonder what you all do about that.  Of course the younger ones probably have an easier time. Especially nice would be hair that would grow out beautiful. Alas however, that ship has sailed for me.  But still, just wondering what most of you all do to go out, like, "casual".  (Examples:  All spiffed up just to go to a damned grocery store?  Or Walmart, etc?  I have had folks complement me but indeed some have asked if I'm going somewhere special after this because they don't believe it is necessary to get so dressed for just some common store.)
These are not women's clothes, these are MY clothes!
  •  

KathyLauren

I often go out without makeup.  Of course, without makeup, there are fewer femme cues, and therefore I am probably less passable.  What I do is simply not worry about it.  I don't expect to be the prettiest woman in a room.  If someone has a problem with how I look, they can look the other way. 

If I am in a hurry, but don't want to go out with my face totally bare, I'll put on some lipstick.  It makes quite a difference.  And I always wear earrings.  I put in a pair of silver studs in the morning and don't take them out until I go to bed at night, unless I change them for something fancier to dress up.  You'd be surprised how feminizing that can be.

I have the hair issue, too.  I never go out without something on my head.  Any time I am out of the house, I have either a wig or a hat on my head.  Usually a wig if I am going into town, even if it is just for grocery shopping.  But for taking the dog for a walk, or going to the weekly fire department practise, I wear a ball cap.  Although I keep my own hair short for wearing under my wig, I keep it long enough to show some curls under a hat, so the effect is quite feminine.  (At the fire department, there is a brief moment when my head is exposed when I switch from my cap to my helmet - c'est la vie.)
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

barbie

Quote from: Josephine8Alexandria on October 07, 2018, 04:26:47 PM
Alright, I pass most of the time especially at a distance, mists, darkness, and older people who need glasses, and yes, much of the time under more ideal conditions too.  But that is with all the accoutrements: Wig (due to age), makeup, clothes.  But how many women do you see with makeup or specifically feminine clothes out and about?  No makeup, shorts and sloppy t-shirt... like that and I wouldn't pass.  I just wonder what you all do about that.  Of course the younger ones probably have an easier time. Especially nice would be hair that would grow out beautiful. Alas however, that ship has sailed for me.  But still, just wondering what most of you all do to go out, like, "casual".  (Examples:  All spiffed up just to go to a damned grocery store?  Or Walmart, etc?  I have had folks complement me but indeed some have asked if I'm going somewhere special after this because they don't believe it is necessary to get so dressed for just some common store.)

For me, attaching false eyelashes is the most critical in passing. With false eyelashes, I pass whatever I wear.
I prefer very thin eyelashes, as they make my eyes look natural and are not so much noticeable.
It is very subtle, but very effective in passing.

Yesterday while having dinner with my friends. I am wearing my biking outfit (bright t-shirts and sports leggings).

barbie~~
Just do it.
  •  

Virginia

My female alters make sure she plays up some highly visible female gender cue when she goes out without makeup; wears a bold print/color or a stereotypical piece of female clothing (skinny jeans, short shorts, yoga pants), a flashy accessory like a bracelet, earrings, belt or something in her hair, or a tight shirt that shows off her boobs. That always seems to be enough. If you look closely, you will notice most women who go out without their makeup do this same thing.
~VA (pronounced Vee- Aye, the abbreviation for the State of Virginia where I live)
  •  

Allison S

Well, I'm not sure I have advice you need on this. Honestly, trying all the tips given here is a great first step. It really is.
I know this is a bit presumptuous for me to say, but outside of makeup, hair, and clothes/jewelry, I would consider facial feminization surgery. Consulting with board certified, and preferrably well-known, surgeons can be helpful to get a better idea of what can be done.
I know that doesn't address body feminization though there are also surgeries for the body. If you haven't already tried, hip, boob, and butt padding can help.

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk
  •  

Lady Sarah

Alli can say is, have patience. I almost never wear makeup, especially in hot or humid weather. The more feminine your face becomes, the less you'll need it.
started HRT: July 13, 1991
orchi: December 23, 1994
trach shave: November, 1998
married: August 16, 2015
Back surgery: October 20, 2016
  •  

RedLila

My face  has been surgically changed and constantly has a big ass layer of makeup on so i cant really say much
  •  

Josephine8Alexandria

KathyLauren:  Thank you for the reply!  Hmm, good idea, ear-rings.  Could be.  That and bracelets maybe.  And at least basic lipstick just to plump the lips.  Thank you!  ;)
  •  

Josephine8Alexandria

Barbie:  Thank you for replying!  Yes, lashes would help just I have not learned to apply them yet.  Maybe those new magnetic types might help those ham-handed like me!  ;D    Hey, pretty outfit!  You are very pretty!  Thank you!  ;)
  •  

Josephine8Alexandria

Virginia:  Thanks for replying.  Yes, yes, those are good ideas!  That and wig that covers most of face and basic lipstick should be good to go for non-critical places.  Thank you for replying!  ;)
  •  

Josephine8Alexandria

Allison S:  YES!  Facial feminization procedures!  I'm saving up for it.  That and while doing it, general face lift.  And breasts.  Plan to do it probably in Thailand.  That would do the trick!   Thanks for replying!  :)
  •  

Josephine8Alexandria

Hi Lady Sarah!  Yes I am doing HRT but it does not seem to be fattening the face much due to my life-long resistance to fat that I have always had.  I thought estrogen would change that but my body resists.  Probably the dagnab age.  I will just have to wait longer than most.   Thank you for replying!  ;)
  •  

Josephine8Alexandria

RedLila:  You speak of facial feminization surgery?  I am saving up for that, will probably do it in Thailand.  Yes, the makeup IS best to solidify the assertion of being woman, which tends to be required in this society which generally expects total binary-ism.   Thank you for replying!   ;)
  •  

barbie

Quote from: Josephine8Alexandria on October 08, 2018, 02:03:56 AM
Barbie:  Thank you for replying!  Yes, lashes would help just I have not learned to apply them yet.  Maybe those new magnetic types might help those ham-handed like me!  ;D    Hey, pretty outfit!  You are very pretty!  Thank you!  ;)

Magnetic types are just waste of money. You may check various false eyelashes in AliExpress.com.

barbie~~
Just do it.
  •  

sarah1972

Most days I just sport a "soccer mom" look. Casual top, capri jeans or a skirt and a normal top. If I don't` forget, I add dangly earrings but even those I usually forget these days. Primarily trying to blend in with other women in my area and age. I did study my cis female neighbors for quite a bit and do match what they wear. With winter coming up it may be more jeans, a female coat, and boots. I usually take a purse as well, my new wallet would not fit into any pocket. In the last 8 months, I have been barely misgendered. I also have a good portion of "don't care" much which really helps. My nails are usually painted.

Makeup these days is reserved for special occasions, going out and, of course, business meetings. Since I work primarily home office, I do not get that chance a lot either.

This is me grocery shopping.

•  

KathyLauren

Quote from: Josephine8Alexandria on October 08, 2018, 02:07:03 AMThat and wig that covers most of face
Be cautious about covering too much of your face.  I understand the urge, but it can look like you are trying to hide, and that will draw the wrong kind of attention.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

RabbitSpectre

A great question! I'm not much of a makeup girl. I like a bit of dark around my eyes,  a little foundation, and a special trick or two sometimes lightly applied for frontal jaw and cheek countouring on the average basis.

And remember the golden rule with makeup, ladies - less, is more!

•  

DustKitten

I have a couple of guys that follow me around and poke everyone in the eyes before they can see me. That way, I aways pass. ;)

I'm really really hoping I can just pass with hormones and no makeup; I've always liked a little bit on the eyes but most days I'm too lazy to do much, especially if I'm not going to be out for long.
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Relating to the subject line of this thread "Passing with "Plain Face ... no makeup"  ....
.... A couple weeks ago when I got out of bed and as I quickly got dressed and cleaned up... and getting my first cup of morning coffee, I looked in the mirror and was quite happy to see how I appeared before I did my makeup and fixed my hair.  Appearing as a female without all the makeup enhancements to me is the goal of full-time passing...
Danielle

****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

Courtney.lane408

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on October 08, 2018, 09:31:03 AM
Relating to the subject line of this thread "Passing with "Plain Face ... no makeup"  ....
.... A couple weeks ago when I got out of bed and as I quickly got dressed and cleaned up... and getting my first cup of morning coffee, I looked in the mirror and was quite happy to see how I appeared before I did my makeup and fixed my hair.  Appearing as a female without all the makeup enhancements to me is the goal of full-time passing...
Danielle

Yup that's the goal you look great [emoji4] am I a terrible trans person just wanting to put this all behind me a get back to my cis normative life but on the other side? Maybe but I can't help it haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  •