Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

butterffies

Started by davina61, October 14, 2018, 04:06:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davina61

anyone watched this , just started on +1 so will see what its like, about a young boy trans gendering 
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Charlotte F

I just watched it and was pleasantly surprised.  It doesn't seem to be the normal format for such programs and seems to be more focussed on the psychological and family impact which I thought was refreshing - especially for an ITV series

Of course there are certain bits that I think might be a little 'optimistic' like the instant access to a GIC that looks like it's coming in the next episode but I guess they feel the need to exercise a bit of artistic license to give the program wider appeal

It will be interesting to see how the rest of the series progresses
  •  

VickyS

I thought it was really enjoyable.  The acting from Anna Friel was really great.

It did have a couple of cringeworthy moments but did get me in tears a couple of times.  Especially when she was confronted by the bullies and her sister denied that she was her brother and then afterwards told her that she said that because she sees her as her sister.

My wife watched the first episode with me, refused to watch the 2nd and just the 1st 15 mins of the third saying it was crap, but she hates everything trans.

I thought there was so much material that they could have done a lot more than 3 episodes, but I guess the general public might have got bored...
Came out to self: mid Oct 17                   Last haircut: 3rd Nov 17       
Came out to wife: 17th Jan 18                 Therapy started: 1st Mar 18
Electrolysis started: 10th Apr 18              Referred to GIC: 16th May 18
  •  

Chloe

A link? Do not see this on google all I get is a late 70's bored housewife who is deciding whether to cheat on husband or not?
"But it's no use now," thought poor Alice, "to pretend be two people!
"Why, there's hardly enough of me left to make one respectable person!"
  •  

VickyS

Came out to self: mid Oct 17                   Last haircut: 3rd Nov 17       
Came out to wife: 17th Jan 18                 Therapy started: 1st Mar 18
Electrolysis started: 10th Apr 18              Referred to GIC: 16th May 18
  •  

Chloe

Thx Vicky apparently my 'connected devices',  Panasonic Plasma TV & Roku, don't support ITV Hub. Have old XBOX 360 but not ONE website says:

"£3.99 per month after trial ends Hub+ benefits available in EU countries only. Excludes live TV*"

Also have "smart TV's" will 'ave to investigate. Episode 1 Weeki Wachee mermaids eh? ??? Funny didn't 'ave that immediate effect upon me lol remind me again WHY I'd wanna relive this?
"But it's no use now," thought poor Alice, "to pretend be two people!
"Why, there's hardly enough of me left to make one respectable person!"
  •