Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Frequent UTI's and how to prevent? Concerned

Started by Wolfmvn, October 14, 2018, 08:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfmvn

Hello everyone, long story short after I started T I started getting UTI's. I get them at least once every two months. I am tired and annoyed about going to the dr and taking azo pills all the time they make me nauseous. I have a few theories to as to why I get them: I do notice i get them after having sex i do pee after and clean i even shower after, since having growth downstairs my technique to wiping may not be really good. Any advice will be greatly appreciated
  •  

Dani

The simplest and most important thing to do to prevent UTI is do drink plenty of water. This will flush out your bladder faster than the bacteria can multiply. Drinking cranberry juice will help acidify your urine and that also helps prevent UTI's.

Since you mention having a UTI after sex, is this with only one partner? If so, then may be a trip to the same doctor at the same time is in order. Reinfection with a contaminated partner is a very real possibility. You both need to be treated at the same time, if this is the real cause of your frequent UTI's.

One other possibility that may help is to clean both your and your partner's genitals before sex. This does not have to be unromantic. How about showering together before sex and use plenty of anti-bacterial soap. This can be a fun thing to do!  ;D
  •  

Ryuichi13

Have you switched to men's underwear yet?  If so, what kind do you wear?  Your underwear might be keeping moisture and heat in, a great environment for bacteria to grow.   

Bottom growth makes any kind of tight underwear rub you raw and can create a sore spot, which is a great place for opportunistic bacteria to enter your body.

If you're wearing briefs, you might want to consider wearing boxer briefs.  And go up a size if possible. 

If you wear a packer even when you're at home, you might want to stop. 

I usually wear boxer shorts under my PJs around the house, and switch to boxer briefs when I go out.  Also something to consider doing.     

Also, when you go to the bathroom, only wipe from front to back, never back to front!  Dani's suggestion of washing is also an excellent one.

Hope this helps.  Good luck bro!

Ryuichi

•