Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Starting therapy.

Started by Leah/Newt, October 22, 2018, 03:50:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leah/Newt

Ive gotten in contact with a therapist, but im worried she wont do much to help me on my way to transition. If any of you have therapist suggestions for the north east missouri area that would be great.
  •  

Danielle Kristina

Hi Leah,

I don't live in Missouri, but I do see a therapist.  In fact, I met with her earlier this afternoon.  What I can do is ask if your therapist specializes in transgender issues.  If so, then he or she will likely be a resourceful guide in your journey.  If not, then you might educate him or her more than he or she is able to help you.  That is my suggestion: see a therapist who works with the transgender community if you're going for gender therapy.  I wish you all the best!

Danielle 

April 19, 2018: First post here on Susan's Place
April 27, 2018: First session with my gender therapist
July 30, 2018: Received my HRT letter
September 3,2018: Came our for the first time

Becoming me more every day!!!
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Leah/Newt on October 22, 2018, 03:50:35 PM
Ive gotten in contact with a therapist, but im worried she wont do much to help me on my way to transition. If any of you have therapist suggestions for the north east missouri area that would be great.

@Leah/Newt
Dear Leah:
    Thank you for telling us about yourself and writing your first posting....  NOW many members here on the forums will be aware of your arrival.

This is the right place for you to be to find out what others have done regarding your transition journey that may have been in your circumstances and with your questions and concerns.
    There are a lot of members here that will be able to identify with your situation as you continue to feel free to share it.

Please allow me to warmly WELCOME you to Susan's Place
You will find this a safe and friendly place to share with others and to read about others similar trials, tribulations, and successes.

You can share with others and involve yourself with some give and take with other like-minded members.  When frustrated or if you have successes you can share it here if you wish and receive support from others and offer support to others. ....
     ***It's a very good chance that you might find that you will make some new friends here. 

Please come in and continue to be involved at your own pace.
I have included information about the site that will help you navigate around and best utilize the features here.   
Please look closely at the LINKS in RED, answers are there to many questions that new members ask.

Again, Welcome to Susan's Place.
Danielle

Here are some links to the site rules and stuff that all new members should be familiar with:

Things that you should read

****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

Northern Star Girl

@Leah/Newt
Oh, and another thing Leah:
Please find your way to the  Introductions Forum and write a brief introduction post and summary about yourself and your questions & concerns so that more members here on the Susan's Place forums will be aware of your arrival and therefore you may obtain more responses and information that you might be looking for.

Enjoy your time here on the Forums, I trust that you will find this an enjoyable and informative experience.
Best wishes to you.... and again, Welcome to Susan's Place
Danielle

****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •