Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

A call for moderation

Started by HappyMoni, October 23, 2018, 09:27:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HappyMoni

So, here we are, many getting upset with other people who they have this thing in common with. We have the gender issue in common, right? We all have our individual passions outside of that topic. I definitely have mine. I read things posted and want to bark, "That's not right?" or "How can you feel that way when..." Other topics just want to spring from my finger tips onto this forum (I use as many as 2 fingers sometimes.) I try to hold back. I try not to feel anger at others here who have viewpoints opposite of mine. I wince when someone shoots out a snarky comment about what someone else wrote, knowing it is gonna piss off the original poster then say, "But I'm following the rules. No, you may follow the letter of the law, but did you take responsibility for your tone while participating on a support website.
   I will be candid here. It was killing me to be on here earlier, knowing that we trans folk are under attack and not being able to call out the culprits. I'm sorry, but it is a fact that this president is instigating an attack on, what do they call us now, 'queer people.' (Never liked the term myself) And yes, it does extend to the Republican party as a whole. Want proof? Can anyone name one Republican law maker who has spoken up in our defense? The silence is deafening. Sorry, this is a fact. In my opinion, the Dems are not our superheros by any stretch, but consider the choice of awful (legal death) versus possible support   (and legal continuance for us).
   Okay this is bound to make someone mad, I guess. I understand the hatred of those (including me) who hate the people trying to destroy us. I also understand that the more conservative among us might feel they are being silenced. On this one issue, I don't see two legitimate sides. If  someone is trying to ( in a legal sense) murder you, there are no two sides to that. And now my point. I am urging that we try to keep focus on the issue of our possible extinction. The stuff we are getting into, the peripheral topics (conservative/liberal bashing) is doing nothing but divide us. I don't know how realistic this is, but I felt that I wanted to try to say it. Okay, I'm done, roast me down below if you must.
Monica
If I ever offend you, let me know. It's not what I am about.
"Never let the dark kill your light!"  (SailorMars)

HRT June 11, 2015. (new birthday) - FFS in late June 2016. (Dr. _____=Ugh!) - Full time June 18, 2016 (Yeah! finally) - GCS June 27, 2017. (McGinn=Yeah!) - Under Eye repair from FFS 8/17/17 - Nose surgery-November 20, 2017 (Dr. Papel=Yeah) - Hair Transplant on June 21, 2018 (Dr. Cooley-yeah) - Breast Augmentation on July 10, 2018 (Dr. Basner in Baltimore) - Removed bad scarring from FFS surgery near ears and hairline in August, 2018 (Dr. Papel) -Sept. 2018, starting a skin regiment on face with Retin A  April 2019 -repairing neck scar from FFS

]
  •  

GingerVicki

There is one goal here. Transgender rights! Everything else is not relevant. Except for transgender issues.
  •  

jkredman

Monica:

I second the call for Moderation!!!!!!

I've actually asked that the thread be locked down.

If the statistics are right, and we're 1.4 million voices strong, we are a force to be reckoned with - if we speak with one voice.

Does anybody know what's involved with creating a change.org petition?

Kate

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Kate
  •  

PhoenixGurl2016

Here is the thing. There are some among us who do not put us first or our existence above other issues. They ignore clear and present danger right now among us. Ether through privilege, ignorance, or not knowing, we are not united. We need to be. If your safety, existence, and rights as a transgender person isn't the most important thing to you, then you may want to look in the mirror because you are a minority, you are hated, you are a target, and you need to stand up. Sorry for being blunt.

•  

GingerVicki

I live in a relatively peaceful city and I believe that anyone transgendered needs to carry mace or a stun gun or have a concealed carry. It is just the world that we live in.

The same can be said for any woman.
  •  

DustKitten

You're SO right, Devlyn, you do so much more for the community than anyone else. We're all hypocrites for suggesting you might be putting political interests above the needs of the community. After all, you'd have to be awfully blind not to see the hatred directed towards us from the Republican party; OF COURSE you're on our side!
  •  

dustydan

So for what its worth, I know not much, I can not vote for the democrats. Honestly, the economy, employment,  war n peace, and a lot of other issues are going very well. The corruption is being exposed. people are being held accountable.

I am born intersex, and I highly support this community and actively challenge republicans and Christians about multiple gender issues starting with educating them on intersex. The Christians are my favorite battle ground. So, voting for a party who panders to constituents verses actually delivering. The electorate should actually makes the party react. But the democrats no longer react to their constituents, they demand power only..
  •  

SadieBlake

Quote from: Devlyn on October 24, 2018, 03:03:39 AM

Let me ask everyone, what are you doing to support transgender people other than shouting "Vote blue"?

I give money to transgender causes like this site. I've PayPal'ed money to many of the members here in time of need. I participated in a panel discussion of medical students to help prepare them for seeing transgender patients. I volunteer at TDOR.
What do all of you do to support our community?

Hugs, Devlyn

Thanks Dev, yes I've been a trans activist for 20 years. My community of choice is lesbian, being trans happens to be how I've arrived where I am and in supporting the larger LGBT community it's always been speaking as a visible non-conforming trans woman.
🌈👭 lesbian, troublemaker ;-) 🌈🏳️‍🌈
  •  

DustKitten

Devlyn, would you accept an apology? The last few days have been rather stressful and busy; emotions run hot in times like these.
  •  

Linde

Quote from: PhoenixGurl2016 on October 24, 2018, 12:50:17 AM
Here is the thing. There are some among us who do not put us first or our existence above other issues. They ignore clear and present danger right now among us. Ether through privilege, ignorance, or not knowing, we are not united. We need to be. If your safety, existence, and rights as a transgender person isn't the most important thing to you, then you may want to look in the mirror because you are a minority, you are hated, you are a target, and you need to stand up. Sorry for being blunt.
This is so right!
I still pass pretty well as an old white guy of northern European decent.  I belong to the currently privileged class of people in this country.  Nobody sees my little boobs under my shirts (yet).  But I am not in it just for myself, I am also in this fight for the young people, the kids who are transgender, and who are very venerable at that age.  the current official ideas will destroy them for the rest of their life,  Who knows how many of them will be driven to commit suicide because their is not way out for them.
Not much can happen to me, but it is those kids and young people who I fight for!
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

DawnOday

Once again Moni you are the voice of reason. I wish we lived closer because I would really love to hang around with you and maybe have some of it rub off. We need to unite and heal. Unite and inform. Unite and eliminate ignorance with love,  and compassion, that we want and realize silence will not do this.
Dawn Oday

It just feels right   :icon_hug: :icon_hug: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss:

If you have a a business or service that supports our community please submit for our Links Page.

First indication I was different- 1956 kindergarten
First crossdress - Asked mother to dress me in sisters costumes  Age 7
First revelation - 1982 to my present wife
First time telling the truth in therapy June 15, 2016
Start HRT Aug 2016
First public appearance 5/15/17

•  

Lucca

Supporting anti-trans Republicans goes directly against the goal of establishing trans rights. Of course it should be banned here, a transgender support forum. It's an extension of the many rules against supporting anti-trans causes and ideas that we already have. This shouldn't even need to be discussed.

I don't care who doesn't like that, it's right and I'm supporting it. I really couldn't care less if someone is bothered by a simple common-sense measure like this.
  •  

Michelle_P

I was a Republican, Eisenhower flavor, but am no longer registered with that party.  Long irrelevant story...

I have seen State and local party committees endorse or adopt the Heritage Foundation and Family Research Council 'positions' on trans people (Transgender is not real; we are all mentally ill, GCS is mutilation we need to be protected from; involuntary commitment and reparative therapy are the only cure, and so on).  I cannot be a part of that, and I do not want to see any affiliation with that party mistakenly considered an endorsement of these positions.

That seems to be the nasty path that party is taking at the national level.  It does work for fundraising via various PACs that solicit conservative religious communities.  Money trumps ethics again...

I am also disappointed with the lip service paid and utter lack of action taken regarding sound fiscal management and the more 'traditional' values that are relegated to 'all talk, no action.'

I am currently registered as 'no declared party.'   I am a fiscal conservative, relatively small government person who takes a very pragmatic view of what does and does not work.  In lands where the language had not been contaminated by Frank Luntz and his troops, I would be a Conservative Social Democrat, an anti-authoritarian, fiscally conservative person who recognizes that capitalism has problems with basic social and community services, and who wants a solid safety net under the members of society.  Weird, huh?

This makes me a real freak in American politics.
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

Linde

Quote from: Michelle_P on October 24, 2018, 11:56:22 AM

This makes me a real freak in American politics.
Well that makes two of us.  We would have a way more appropriate political home in one of the northern European countries.  The left wing of German CDU under Merkel would be a good fit!
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

DawnOday

Michelle P... What does fiscal conservative mean. I have heard Republicans talk about it and then every Republican administration since Reagan have taken the national debt to where it is today. Meanwhile the rich get richer on the backs of the working class. In concept it has merit in practice meh.
Dawn Oday

It just feels right   :icon_hug: :icon_hug: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss:

If you have a a business or service that supports our community please submit for our Links Page.

First indication I was different- 1956 kindergarten
First crossdress - Asked mother to dress me in sisters costumes  Age 7
First revelation - 1982 to my present wife
First time telling the truth in therapy June 15, 2016
Start HRT Aug 2016
First public appearance 5/15/17

•  

Michelle_P

Quote from: DawnOday on October 24, 2018, 12:22:20 PM
Michelle P... What does fiscal conservative mean. I have heard Republicans talk about it and then every Republican administration since Reagan have taken the national debt to where it is today. Meanwhile the rich get richer on the backs of the working class. In concept it has merit in practice meh.

Indeed.  A fiscal conservative seeks to operate the country's budget in a more balanced manner, with prudent budget and debt management not saddling future generations with funding today's operating budget.  No political party currently acts to do this.  Some past administrations have done fairly well at moving in this direction only to have their efforts squandered by following administrations.  All parties are guilty of this.  Further discussion is outside the charter for this site.

There are actually some clever ways to accomplish this, based on sound economic principles and practices, but they are not accepted in current US political circles.  Discussion of details lies outside the scope of this site's charter and would not end well in the current state of economic mal-education.
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

ainsley

Quote from: Lucca on October 24, 2018, 11:11:45 AM
Supporting anti-trans Republicans goes directly against the goal of establishing trans rights. Of course it should be banned here, a transgender support forum. It's an extension of the many rules against supporting anti-trans causes and ideas that we already have. This shouldn't even need to be discussed.

I don't care who doesn't like that, it's right and I'm supporting it. I really couldn't care less if someone is bothered by a simple common-sense measure like this.

I take umbrage with yours, and anyone else's, attempts at silencing people on here by banning them because of their political affiliations.

Go here and see how people are taking the fight to those inside the GOP that are trying to marginalize them: http://www.logcabin.org/

I only post that as an example of who you may be shutting out from this support forum arbitrarily.  Those people are doing good for LGBT and you would deny them access or a voice on this support site.

Like I said in other posts, if you don't like what is happening in your party or State, then change it.  But you do not have to be aggressive or uncivil to other people.
Some people say I'm apathetic, but I don't care.

Wonder Twin Powers Activate!
Shape of A GIRL!
  •  

Lucca

Ok, I see a list of political endorsements on that site. You tell me how many of them have openly supported trans-rights at any time in the past.

As for my temperament, I was not snarky, I was not sarcastic, I did not call anyone names. I stated my opinion clearly and succinctly and with no fluff. If that's too harsh for you, sorry.

We're ignoring a crucial part of the new rule, too. As I recall, it not only banned endorsement of transphobic politicians, it also removed the ban that we had on all political discussion throughout the forum outside of the politics thread. We're now free to criticize the party that blatantly wants to erase our existence wherever we wish, instead of awkwardly tiptoeing around it.
  •  

ainsley

Quote from: Lucca on October 24, 2018, 02:01:19 PM
We're now free to criticize the party that blatantly wants to erase our existence wherever we wish, instead of awkwardly tiptoeing around it.

Go forth and conquer.  I don't think your methods will be fruitful.
I am apathetic to your cause due to your methods.
Some people say I'm apathetic, but I don't care.

Wonder Twin Powers Activate!
Shape of A GIRL!
  •  

Lucca

If we can't direct our efforts towards the people responsible, we're not going to get anywhere. If we have to avoid talking about who's responsible, we're not going to get anywhere, either. Susan's made a judgement call about who's responsible, and it's her call to make considering how much she sacrifices each month to keep this site running. This is a private site where free speech does not truly exist, there are and always will be a series of banned topics of discussion that are in place to make sure that this remains a safe place with a positive message for LGBT folk. If the new rule is so bad, I don't know why you were all fine with the other banned topics, some of which I do think are a little absurd or harmful but which I put up with out of respect for the staff.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but the new rule does not ban all conservative members of this forum, or ban support for all conservative ideas. It bans support for politicians who have transphobic policies. I keep seeing people act like there's an all-out war on conservatism here, when there simply isn't.
  •