Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

trans man afraid to top/options about topping

Started by silverfoxpuppy, October 24, 2018, 05:21:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

silverfoxpuppy

Hello, sorry in advance if this topic is in any way inappropriate. There is going to be sex mention and talk about body parts used for this purpose.

So, im impressed about the support and friendliness i have found at susans place reading other posters' topics at various stages of my transition. I thought i can bring the issue that i have been wondering about for a long time in case someone has a better idea about it/has a similar experience. Im a bi/pan transguy with manageable bottom dysphoria and some questionable self esteem. I have been a bottom so far using my natal anatomy with emotional detachment/reduced sensitivity to be the only issue at times while it is an enjoyable role for me. However these drawbacks were worse the last time i have been with someone sexually and i was thinking of trying to shift roles with that person. I havent been confident enough to try it yet and im pretty scared. I am a passionate person but since i lack experience im wondering how will i incorporate being me with topping someone. I have a huge stupid fear about it that has held me back so far from even trying, perhaps trying with a person that shows some excitement on toys would help alleviate my anxiety maybe (is it me or some cis men dont get it in regards to that ? ).

Has anyone here tried to use your growth from t to penetrate a partner ? Or any other way to have sex with a cis guy with minimum penetration. My current partner is far from loose and cant see a way of using any toy on him soon, i can barely use my fingers so its too bad. We have talked about it and he says it has always been an issue for him..So i feel pretty stuck, have no idea what to try and how and im sceptical about my fear as well. Im curious to hear if you ve had any similar experiences or fears and how did it turn our for you ! Im poly so i may have the opportunity to experiment with another partner in the future if i only feel a little better about it ???

Thanks for taking the time to read my post ^
  •  

Northern Star Girl

@silverfoxpuppy
Dear SilverFoxPuppy:
I am most pleased that you had decided to join the site.   I do not have the answers to your questions and concerns but now that you have arrived here there will certainly be other members coming along that will be able to contribute salient information that you are seeking.

Thank you for writing your first posting....

Please allow me to warmly WELCOME you to Susan's Place
You will find this a safe and friendly place to share with others and to read about others similar trials, tribulations, and successes.

As you are certainly aware you can share with others and involve yourself with some give and take with other like-minded members.  When frustrated or if you have successes you can share it here if you wish and receive support from others and offer support to others. ....
     ***It's a very good chance that you might find that you will make some new friends here. 

Please come in and continue to be involved at your own pace.
I have included information about the site that will help you navigate around and best utilize the features here.   
Please look closely at the LINKS in RED, answers are there to many questions that new members ask.

Again, Welcome to Susan's Place.
Danielle

Here are some links to the site rules and stuff that all new members should be familiar with:

Things that you should read

****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

Northern Star Girl

@silverfoxpuppy   
Oh, and another thing SiverFoxPuppy:
Please find your way to the  Introductions Forum and write a brief introduction post and summary about yourself and your questions & concerns so that more members here on the Susan's Place forums will be aware of your arrival and therefore you may obtain more responses and information that you might be looking for.

Enjoy your time here on the Forums, I trust that you will find this an enjoyable and informative experience.
Best wishes to you.... and again, Welcome to Susan's Place
Danielle

**** now you can have your thread back.
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

silverfoxpuppy

•  

Devlyn

Welcome to Susan's Place, dude!

If your partner is willing to experiment, start with an anal trainer (Google is your friend)  ;)

Make sure you are moving forward at a speed comfortable to both of you. Take your time, make sure it's always fun, without setting expectations for either of you. Oh, and plenty of lube!  ;D

Hope this helps.

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

SeptagonScars

Back when I identified as a trans man I also struggled with the idea of me topping someone else in sex. Essentially I was appalled by the idea of me "being the one in control" cause I'm a major sub with not a dom bone in my body. I don't know if that's something you relate to or if you differentiate the terms top/bottom from the terms dom/sub or if they more so go together for you. I'm not talking about bdsm now but just in general who's taking initiatives in bed and who's more of the follower.

Just a disclaimer first, that my language might be a little crude and at times feminine. Cause it's difficult for me to talk about parts like ours in a completely neutral way cause you're a trans guy and I'm a detrans woman (I've been on T) so it's a little tricky to be equally considerate to both, but I try. Cause I don't feel comfortable using neutral or masculine words for my own parts, but the feminine words I use I'm not applying to your parts. I hope that's an okay approach.

I'm also bisexual and I struggled hard to see myself dating women as a trans guy who never tops, cause I also refused to see me being with a woman as "lesbian" so I couldn't solve that issue in my head back then. (But sidenote I realised I'm not a trans guy and had heaps of internalised lesbophobia, and having solved most of that now I don't have any issue with the idea of having "lesbian sex" now as a sub/bottom woman, however now I also am curious if I'd like topping women as a woman myself, but that's off topic. Let's just focus on how I handled things when I identified as male). However you didn't mention if your struggles with topping is also applicable to women or other genders than cis men, or if it's just in regards to cis men. That might be important for you to look into if you haven't already.

I was also comfortable with bottoming for cis men and took a "use what I've got" approach. My genital dysphoric feelings were fluctuating between moderate and severe, and on the moderate days I could enjoy sex just fine but it required quite a bit of disassociating etc. (I no longer have any dysphoric feelings, but that's how it was back then for me). It is surely a practical approach! However I was also curious about topping cis men and I think I only really wanted to try it because it was so often talked about by other trans men. I think I felt a mix of being inspired to try and pressured to try. However I never really did. Except from that I rimmed a couple of guys (and I fingered another trans guy, but yeah that's a little different I guess).

But also about your partner's anal issues, that sounds a little strange to me, as someone who's experienced with receiving anal penetration and having practiced getting used to it and being able to take bigger sizes over time, etc. It's not a smooth ride to get used to it (pardon the pun), sometimes I ran into roadblocks and had issues with making it work, my body having random complaints, etc. I mean I use both my holes, and the backdoor is a lot trickier. There's not much difference between afab's and amab's butts (except from the prostate) so my experiences with it can be applied to cis men pretty much just the same. Usually the biggest issue with that not working are not being relaxed enough, not using enough lube, and also not being patient enough and trying to rush it will result in pain and tensing up which causes more pain. And all of those are very common beginner mistakes to make. But if neither of those things is the issue, I'd wonder if your partner maybe has some medical issue that might be worth looking into.

But that aside, I got an idea of something you could maybe try, although it might be a little strange. If you CAN use your fingers on him, maybe just a pinky finger with lots of lube. Maybe you could then hold your hand very close to your genitals and use that finger as though it was you dick to penetrate him with, while also moving your hips to thrust etc. I haven't tried that myself so I don't know if it could work. But I can imagine it actually might, also with the bonis you'd feel everything and no toys involved. But I can't stress it enough to use use lube! Actual lube, not saliva.

About using your growth to penetrate with, I couldn't with mine but then it didn't get very big/long and the other stuff on my vulva were in the way for it to work, cause that's just how nature designed my parts. Although SOME guys can penetrate with theirs. A big "however" on that point though: it's much more difficult to manage anal penetration with it (compared to vaginal penetration) cause of it not getting as rigid as cis penises when erect and the anal opening being surrounded by strong muscles. Still not impossible though so if you want to of course you can try it! Just... try to not get too disappointed if it doesn't work.

But also please don't beat yourself up for it if you don't really feel like you'd enjoy topping. It's okay to only bottom if that's what works for you. Your gender doesn't have all that much to do with it, as there are plenty of cis men who only bottom, and also I'm sure there are plenty of cis women who never like to bottom. Only try it if you think you may actually enjoy it or if it feels worth it to give it a try. Don't pressure yourself to fit in with the general trans guy crowd, cause every trans guy is an individual like everyone else.
Mar. 2009 - came out as ftm
Nov. 2009 - changed my name to John
Mar. 2010 - diagnosed with GID
Aug. 2010 - started T, then stopped after 1 year
Aug. 2013 - started T again, kept taking it since
Mar. 2014 - top surgery
Dec. 2014 - legal gender marker changed to male
Jul. 2018 - came out as cis woman and began detransition
Sep. 2018 - stopped taking T and changed my name to Laura
Oct. 2018 - got new ID-card

Medical Detransition plans: breast reconstruction surgery, change legal gender back to female.
  •  

smithers 70

I will add a more lengthy response later but will say quickly that my cis partner and I LOVE when I top him! [emoji16][emoji533]

Sent from my LM-X210VPP using Tapatalk

•