Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Finally had my top surgery consultation!

Started by Perry, October 24, 2018, 07:39:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Perry

After 4 months of back & forth trying to get a referral for a consultation I finally had my appointment today! It almost didn't happen again today but everything aligned at the last moment. My faith in the system is still not fully restored; I'm sure surgery approval will unfortunately be a pain too!

I really liked the doctor, he was very upbeat, forthright and open. I felt very comfortable in his presence. (Even having to bare my boobs to him) He is a very experienced plastic surgeon, not so much with top surgery though. He's only done one and it was recently. Nonetheless, after talking with him and hearing his plan I am on board. He did offer to see if the other guy would be willing to talk to me. 

I've reached out to my gender therapist for an appointment to get a surgery letter; hoping that can happen in the next week or so.

I did find out that the surgeon is scheduling into next year already, so much for getting this done by year end.  :(

So thrilled to have this first step out of the way and moving forward with the next steps.

Perry
Integrity has no need of rules.  -Albert Camus

•  

HappyMoni

Congrats Perry! Waiting just absolutely sucks doesn't it. Good luck!
If I ever offend you, let me know. It's not what I am about.
"Never let the dark kill your light!"  (SailorMars)

HRT June 11, 2015. (new birthday) - FFS in late June 2016. (Dr. _____=Ugh!) - Full time June 18, 2016 (Yeah! finally) - GCS June 27, 2017. (McGinn=Yeah!) - Under Eye repair from FFS 8/17/17 - Nose surgery-November 20, 2017 (Dr. Papel=Yeah) - Hair Transplant on June 21, 2018 (Dr. Cooley-yeah) - Breast Augmentation on July 10, 2018 (Dr. Basner in Baltimore) - Removed bad scarring from FFS surgery near ears and hairline in August, 2018 (Dr. Papel) -Sept. 2018, starting a skin regiment on face with Retin A  April 2019 -repairing neck scar from FFS

]
  •  

Perry

@HappyMoni

Thanks Moni! I do appreciate your support!

It was 1 year ago this month that I walked into my therapist's office and told her I was transgender. Since then it has seemed to be a whole lot of hurry up and wait.

I now have an appointment with my gender therapist on Monday morning! Really thinking that I need to prioritize getting my name/gender marker change in place sooner rather than later.

Perry

•  

TonyaW

Hey  Perry

Awesome news.  I remember your thread about your frustration getting this far.  Hopefully the approval will go more smoothly now that you've had the consult.

Getting to that name and gender marker change will give you something to keep you occupied in the meantime

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

•  

Perry

•  

HappyMoni

Quote from: Perry on October 24, 2018, 10:12:38 PM
@HappyMoni

Thanks Moni! I do appreciate your support!

It was 1 year ago this month that I walked into my therapist's office and told her I was transgender. Since then it has seemed to be a whole lot of hurry up and wait.

I now have an appointment with my gender therapist on Monday morning! Really thinking that I need to prioritize getting my name/gender marker change in place sooner rather than later.

Perry

Without a doubt! Anyone who doesn't have paperwork changed should do it as quick as possible, before it is not possible. We don't know how far this legal insanity might go. I never thought about getting a passport, but now I think I will.
Very happy for your progress.
If I ever offend you, let me know. It's not what I am about.
"Never let the dark kill your light!"  (SailorMars)

HRT June 11, 2015. (new birthday) - FFS in late June 2016. (Dr. _____=Ugh!) - Full time June 18, 2016 (Yeah! finally) - GCS June 27, 2017. (McGinn=Yeah!) - Under Eye repair from FFS 8/17/17 - Nose surgery-November 20, 2017 (Dr. Papel=Yeah) - Hair Transplant on June 21, 2018 (Dr. Cooley-yeah) - Breast Augmentation on July 10, 2018 (Dr. Basner in Baltimore) - Removed bad scarring from FFS surgery near ears and hairline in August, 2018 (Dr. Papel) -Sept. 2018, starting a skin regiment on face with Retin A  April 2019 -repairing neck scar from FFS

]
  •  

Perry

Had my therapy session yesterday and was e-mailed my surgery letter for review today. Yay! I approved it and my therapist fax'd it over to the surgeon's office right after. 

I'll give him a chance to review it then follow up to see if he's made contact with my PCP yet. Sure hope the insurance approval process goes smoother than the consultation approval went!

•