Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

i'm out of hormones and my doctor won't renew my prescription

Started by cottoncandy-dreams, October 27, 2018, 07:10:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cottoncandy-dreams

I'm out of hormones. I was supposed to get my shot on the 10th, but I ran out. So I called the pharmacy to ask for a holdover renewal. They asked the doctor to approve it, but he said no. Said I needed to come in. So I made an appointment, but it's not until November. I'm completely out of energy. I feel so unstable. This is horrible. And stressful. Help?
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: cottoncandy-dreams on October 27, 2018, 07:10:34 PM
I'm out of hormones. I was supposed to get my shot on the 10th, but I ran out. So I called the pharmacy to ask for a holdover renewal. They asked the doctor to approve it, but he said no. Said I needed to come in. So I made an appointment, but it's not until November. I'm completely out of energy. I feel so unstable. This is horrible. And stressful. Help?

@cottoncandy-dreams
Most doctors will temporarily give you a small supply of prescription meds to "hold you over" as long as you had kept up with regular doctor visits and made an appointment for a wellness or progress checkup well in advance of running out.   

In the future you may want to stay on top of your med supply and get an earlier start on keeping your doctor happy.

Hang in there, November is just around the corner.
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

Ryuichi13

Quote from: cottoncandy-dreams on October 27, 2018, 07:10:34 PM

Do you have an endocrinologist yet?  If so, you might want to get one. 

Or try Planned Parenthood.  I hear they can do stuff that regular doctors can't.  I'm not sure if they'll give you your shot, but it doesn't hurt to call and ask.

Good luck!

Ryuichi

•  

cottoncandy-dreams

Planned parenthood is where I go. And I normally am on top of things, but between full time college, work, living an hour and a half from the nearest clinic, and family issues.... it fell by the wayside, unfortunately.
  •  

Ryuichi13

Quote from: cottoncandy-dreams on October 27, 2018, 11:27:06 PM
Planned parenthood is where I go. And I normally am on top of things, but between full time college, work, living an hour and a half from the nearest clinic, and family issues.... it fell by the wayside, unfortunately.

Oh wow.  Not good.  Maybe find a endo closer to where you live?

Ryuichi

•  

cottoncandy-dreams

The nearest endo is three hours away. Haha. I live in the sticks.
  •  

Ryuichi13

Quote from: cottoncandy-dreams on October 27, 2018, 11:29:50 PM
The nearest endo is three hours away. Haha. I live in the sticks.

Bummer. 

All I an recommend is that you put your shot schedule into your phone's calendar and keep an eye on when it's due to run out.  And keep an eye on when its due to expire, and be sure to make a Dr's appt for it before it does.

Anyone else with any ideas? 

Ryuichi

•