Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

What is your favorite makeup item?

Started by ChrissyRyan, October 28, 2018, 02:24:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrissyRyan

What is your favorite makeup item?  Okay, you do not have to narrow this to just one item.
You can also mention other beauty products, such as creams, cleansers and exfoliants, but I will stick to makeup.

I enjoy lipstick.  I go for the natural daytime look rather than a party look. 
I prefer the lighter shades because they are more appealing to me for my lips than the darker shades.

I do always start the day with a clean face, and then I moisturize it. 

Lipstick is easy to put on, no fuss.

Chrissy

Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

LizK

I am heading out this morning to a medical appointment and I will wear my basic makeup...Liquid Eyeliner, Mascara and lippy...the rest I can live without...maybe some BB cream if I am too lazy to put on proper foundation...I have to say I don't usually get glammed up to go to the hospital.... :laugh:

Take care

Liz
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

ChrissyRyan

I noticed that some lip balm is actually tinted like lipstick, not simply flavored.
That is nice.

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

barbie

Mine is false eyelashes. It is magical.

barbie~~
Just do it.
  •  

Sonja

Eyebrow spoolie - because I can comb and shape my eyebrows and then brush my eyelashes (long naturally) up and give them some curl.

Sonja.
  •  

ChrissyRyan

I admit that I have not successfully learned how to apply good looking eyelash makeup.  I like the natural look, where it appears that little makeup is actually on. 

But I will learn this important eyelash makeup skill, as it eventually will be a skill needed to give myself the appropriate look.  Brows I can do, but that is not hard to figure out.

Chrissy

•  

LizK

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on November 14, 2018, 05:34:32 PM
I admit that I have not successfully learned how to apply good looking eyelash makeup.  I like the natural look, where it appears that little makeup is actually on. 

But I will learn this important eyelash makeup skill, as it eventually will be a skill needed to give myself the appropriate look.  Brows I can do, but that is not hard to figure out.

Chrissy

I have found liquid eyeliner far easier to apply than any others I have tried, I do use a kohl on my lower lid...but the liquid I find easier to get on consistently and straight.

Liz
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

wonderland

False lashes.  They just change everything.
I like mascara too.
  •  

Jin

Hair ribbons, with nails color a close second.
I yam what I yam, and that's all what I yam.
-- Popeye

A wise person can learn more from fools than a fool can learn from a wise person.
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Jin on November 20, 2018, 11:18:34 AM
Hair ribbons, with nails color a close second.

Jin,

I have not thought of hair ribbons as makeup but I do for sure think they are a wonderful beauty item!  Yes, I really like them!  I also think the little hair barrettes are so cute!  I bought two small ones today and look forward to seeing them in my hair.

Chrissy
  •  

Northern Star Girl

I tend to go very easy on makeup...  for myself I do not like the plastered-on look at all.  I also very seldom use eyeliners and mascara.  I do like lip gloss and pastel colors of lipsticks.  Nail polish can be anything but I usually like the various mauve, pink and red colors.  Very lightly applied concealer and other face makeup sometimes but not always.

Of course... feminine adornments such as necklaces, rings, bracelets, hair bands, hair ribbons, etc are always a nice thing.
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on November 20, 2018, 05:07:49 PM
I tend to go very easy on makeup...  for myself I do not like the plastered-on look at all.  I also very seldom use eyeliners and mascara.  I do like lip gloss and pastel colors of lipsticks.  Nail polish can be anything but I usually like the various mauve, pink and red colors.  Very lightly applied concealer and other face makeup sometimes but not always.

Of course... feminine adornments such as necklaces, rings, bracelets, hair bands, hair ribbons, etc are always a nice thing.
Danielle

Me too on using little makeup and liking the nice hair accessories and more adornments.

I tried curling eyelashes and applying mascara yesterday, but I messed up with the mascara again and got some misplaced.  I am glad it was clear mascara this time. 

My favorite makeup item is lipstick, and my recently discovered tinted lip balm is nice too.
I do keep my skin clean and moist.  I think that is a good idea, using makeup or not.

Chrissy
  •  

Linde

I am an absolute novice in any kind of makeup skills.  i can do lip stick and I like the more natural slightly darker colors.  Everything else is done by one or more of my girlfriends, who decided to become my transition godmothers!  Whenever we go out, one or two of them work at my face and my wig!
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

wonderland

Quote from: Dietlind on November 21, 2018, 07:59:45 PM
I am an absolute novice in any kind of makeup skills.  i can do lip stick and I like the more natural slightly darker colors.  Everything else is done by one or more of my girlfriends, who decided to become my transition godmothers!  Whenever we go out, one or two of them work at my face and my wig!

Everyone starts out as a novice.  It just takes practice, time, and patience.  But you don't need a full face of makeup to look beautiful.  You already are!
  •  

GordonG

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on October 28, 2018, 02:24:04 PM
What is your favorite makeup item?  Okay, you do not have to narrow this to just one item.
Chrissy

I really like eye shadow and mascara. The eyes are the center focus of attention on anyone's face. So any help there goes a long way. I think that lip color is a close second.
I'm a gender confused guy who lives an hour north of Seattle.
I believe that I was influenced by DES. I have crossdressed in public a handful of times, see avatar picture (enhanced with FaceApp).
I don't plan on transitioning, no GRS, FFS, nor BA.
I consider myself TransFeminine. But reserve the right to change my mind at any time.  ;D

Spironolactone; 7-16-2018
E sublinguals; 10-5-2018
Orchi; 2-15-19
No more Spiro. 

•  

Linde

Quote from: wonderland on November 28, 2018, 08:20:41 PM
Everyone starts out as a novice.  It just takes practice, time, and patience.  But you don't need a full face of makeup to look beautiful.  You already are!
Thank you!  This makes me feel really good!

•  

Linde

Quote from: GordonG on November 28, 2018, 08:35:27 PM
I really like eye shadow and mascara. The eyes are the center focus of attention on anyone's face. So any help there goes a long way. I think that lip color is a close second.
i don't know how you ladies do this with your eyes.  Each time when I come close to one of my eyes, I press it shut as hard as I can.  I am just not able to do anything with my lashes or eye lids!  What is your trick?

•  

GordonG

Quote from: Dietlind on November 28, 2018, 10:45:18 PM
i don't know how you ladies do this with your eyes.  Each time when I come close to one of my eyes, I press it shut as hard as I can.  I am just not able to do anything with my lashes or eye lids!  What is your trick?
Practice and then more practice.  It helped me to go and have make overs at Sephora and MAC a few times.
I'm a gender confused guy who lives an hour north of Seattle.
I believe that I was influenced by DES. I have crossdressed in public a handful of times, see avatar picture (enhanced with FaceApp).
I don't plan on transitioning, no GRS, FFS, nor BA.
I consider myself TransFeminine. But reserve the right to change my mind at any time.  ;D

Spironolactone; 7-16-2018
E sublinguals; 10-5-2018
Orchi; 2-15-19
No more Spiro. 

•  

Linde

Quote from: GordonG on November 29, 2018, 06:35:10 AM
Practice and then more practice.  It helped me to go and have make overs at Sephora and MAC a few times.
Thanks! You girls are so advanced in this.  I did not even know who or what Sephora is!  I had to do a search for this first!   ???

•  

Sky1090

Eyeshadow and eyeliner for sure. I love  subtle yet smokey eye look. I've got nice brown eyes and love to make them stand out more with the right colors and shades. Maybe once I reach the required post count I can show off a little. I'm no makeup expert, but I know my way around a brush set so to speak lol
  •