Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Do you remove hair from your forearms?

Started by ChrissyRyan, October 29, 2018, 04:39:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrissyRyan

I have been reading much about mtf hair removal but I have not seen much about removing hair from our forearms.  Do you?  If so, do you do this removal by shaving, epilation, electrolysis, laser, chemically, waxing, or another way?  Or do you bleach it, or do you just let it be?

While I have shaved a little on the bottom side (palm side) of the forearms, mostly because there were almost no hairs there, I have not chosen to remove the top side hair of the forearms.  That is because almost all of the hairs are blonde.  They also seem to be thinner hairs than in the past.  The arms are not as hairy either, but that could be an illusion if now almost all of the hairs are very light and thin.

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Sonja

I use IPL on the palm side of my forearms, but after I start hrt and its winter time I'm going to wax my full arms and really help thin it out. Hopefully between the hrt and destroying a few follicles it will look how I want it to. Less hairy than now but not completely bald.

Sonja.
  •  

randim

I truly despise the hair on my arms but I am not sure what would work.  Unfortunately, it extends onto my hands and knuckles. I cannot see shaving or waxing as very feasible.  If I were awash in money I'd probably give laser a try even though the skin is pretty dark (there are a lot of black hairs).  If I could get rid of those, I'd probably be ok with bleaching the white hairs.
  •  

Lacy

Quote from: randim on October 29, 2018, 04:51:14 PM
I truly despise the hair on my arms but I am not sure what would work.  Unfortunately, it extends onto my hands and knuckles. I cannot see shaving or waxing as very feasible.  If I were awash in money I'd probably give laser a try even though the skin is pretty dark (there are a lot of black hairs).  If I could get rid of those, I'd probably be ok with bleaching the white hairs.

Everyone is different, and so are their HRT medicines and dosages, but my doctor told me that starting HRT should have a fairly good effect on arm hair thinning out, and hair on the hands being all but gone. I hope that is the case, because my hair is dark and thicker than I would wish. I hate it greatly!

Time will tell I suppose.
She believed she could so she did!

The continuing story of my new life!

•  

Dani

I have been on HRT for over 3 years and I have lost most of my body hair below the neck. I did have a few sessions of laser and electrolysis, but most of the hair loss below the neck was due to HRT. I have tried waxing and shaving my arms and legs a few times. With what little I have on my arms and legs, shaving once a month is sufficient for now. Later on, I may continue with the electrolysis.

Of course, everyone's results will be different, so we just do what we must.  :-\

•  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: randim on October 29, 2018, 04:51:14 PM

I used to have some hairs on the fingers but I can no longer find any.  I didn't realize those hairs were gone. 

I did read that bleached hair can result in a problem after new hair growth.  New hair growth may come in dark for you next to the skin and really stand out against the bleached hair.

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

KathyLauren

My forearm hair was always fairly fine.  HRT made it even finer, less dense, and blonde.  It is not much more than peach fuzz now.  Occasionally, I'll drag a razor over it if I notice some hairs catching the light, but mostly, I ignore it.  Not worth the hassle.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

HappyMoni

I have shaved mine so long, I'm not sure what is there. Maybe I should let it grow, but it's too yucky!
If I ever offend you, let me know. It's not what I am about.
"Never let the dark kill your light!"  (SailorMars)

HRT June 11, 2015. (new birthday) - FFS in late June 2016. (Dr. _____=Ugh!) - Full time June 18, 2016 (Yeah! finally) - GCS June 27, 2017. (McGinn=Yeah!) - Under Eye repair from FFS 8/17/17 - Nose surgery-November 20, 2017 (Dr. Papel=Yeah) - Hair Transplant on June 21, 2018 (Dr. Cooley-yeah) - Breast Augmentation on July 10, 2018 (Dr. Basner in Baltimore) - Removed bad scarring from FFS surgery near ears and hairline in August, 2018 (Dr. Papel) -Sept. 2018, starting a skin regiment on face with Retin A  April 2019 -repairing neck scar from FFS

]
  •  

GordonG

I'm a gender confused guy who lives an hour north of Seattle.
I believe that I was influenced by DES. I have crossdressed in public a handful of times, see avatar picture (enhanced with FaceApp).
I don't plan on transitioning, no GRS, FFS, nor BA.
I consider myself TransFeminine. But reserve the right to change my mind at any time.  ;D

Spironolactone; 7-16-2018
E sublinguals; 10-5-2018
Orchi; 2-15-19
No more Spiro. 

•  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: GordonG on October 29, 2018, 09:13:06 PM
I shave mine almost every day.

I guess if you did shave your arms that should it be done frequently by most, as there could be stubble instead of smoothness. 

Yet for me, with hair the arms feel smooth, but there is that hair. 

Chrissy
  •  

V M

The only place I have any arm hair is in my armpits and even that's hardly noticeable but I wax it with GiGi Brazilian bikini wax now and then

The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

AnonyMs

HRT will reduce arm hair significantly, but if your hair/skin color is suitable then laser (not IPL) should be very effective at removing body hair. If you have the money I'd suggest doing laser regardless. Shaving etc is not permanent and personally I think its a waste of time.

•  

Linde

Like with all body hair, I have no hair on my forearms! Another advantage us intersex folks have!   >:-) >:-)
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

V M

Quote from: Dietlind on October 29, 2018, 10:26:19 PM
Like with all body hair, I have no hair on my forearms! Another advantage us intersex folks have!   >:-) >:-)

True that, I can't help but feel a bit guilty though

XXY here
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

judithlynn

Hi Everyone,;
I have been on HRT (Estrogen & Prometrium) for a little over 5 years (4 on Estrogen only, and 1 year on the combined regime).
My hair on my forearms and underarms is now very thin and pretty sparse, but I have it waxed about once every 3 months and this generally keeps it away. I have also started laser on my armpits. This is really effective. I have also had laser on my décolleté, tummy and pubis and now have very few black hairs and whats left is very fine and downy with a wax once every 4-6 months.. I was lucky also that my beauty therapist she is Trans friendly) suggested a Brazilian which left me with just a small triangle only. It looks great.
JudithLynn
:-*
Hugs

•  

ChrissyRyan

Thank you ladies for sharing all of your experiences and perspectives.   :)

I am going to pay some close attention to lower arm hair to see what I notice on women in public.
You have to be pretty close to notice, for sure.

Chrissy
  •  

Melinda@heart

I shave mine about once a week now. Being on HRT has really slowed the growth and the hair is lighter and more fine. It also is one little thing that makes me feel more feminine. Body hair is a big dysphoria trigger for me.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

•  

GordonG

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on October 29, 2018, 09:19:11 PM

I guess if you did shave your arms that should it be done frequently by most, as there could be stubble instead of smoothness. 

Yet for me, with hair the arms feel smooth, but there is that hair. 

Chrissy

My arm hair is very light and thin. So almost no stubbly feeling at all
I'm a gender confused guy who lives an hour north of Seattle.
I believe that I was influenced by DES. I have crossdressed in public a handful of times, see avatar picture (enhanced with FaceApp).
I don't plan on transitioning, no GRS, FFS, nor BA.
I consider myself TransFeminine. But reserve the right to change my mind at any time.  ;D

Spironolactone; 7-16-2018
E sublinguals; 10-5-2018
Orchi; 2-15-19
No more Spiro. 

•  

Charlie Nicki

I don't, I bleach it. It looks feminine that way, and most girls here have some sort of hair in their arms so it's fine.
Latina :) I speak Spanish, English and a bit of Portuguese.
  •  

RobynD

HRT took care of it for me. Before that though, I used an epilator.

•