Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

10 Months on Testosterone Voice Comparison

Started by ehrhyse, October 31, 2018, 06:13:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ehrhyse

I'm still very self -conscious about my voice, but I'm starting to feel better about it. Do y'all think it'll keep changing, or is this just how I'm going to sound?

•  

invisiblemonsters

that's probably the lowest you'll go but i gave myself a year to be like "okay, this is probably all the changes that are gonna happen." and with that, the only thing that kept changing was obviously hair and body fat. your voice before T was actually decently deep. if i heard you on the phone, i wouldn't second guess you were male.
  •  

Dena

It shouldn't matter because your voice is clearly male and lower than that of many I hear every day. If you have any doubt, order some fast food at a place with a remote order station and I will bet you will be gendered male.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

ehrhyse

Quote from: Dena on October 31, 2018, 08:54:56 PM
It shouldn't matter because your voice is clearly male and lower than that of many I hear every day. If you have any doubt, order some fast food at a place with a remote order station and I will bet you will be gendered male.

Thank you, I guess I'm just a lot more critical of myself than other people are of me.
  •  

Linde

Your voice is lower than mine!  And I am still mostly a guy!
Nobody would ever think this is not the voice of a guy! 
I wish estrogen would do such a good job with ging me a higher pitch as T is doing for you with the lower range!
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

Lacy

Emmett,
Congratulations on all the exciting changes. Your look is spot on.

The unbridled truth...you had a passing voice at 5 months, and 7.5 months was even better! 10 months...forget about it!

I have a much deeper voice than I think. If I listen to it recorded I hear what others hear. In my head, when I talk, it sounds higher. Maybe that sensation is adding to your uncertainty.

You have hit a legitimate level! I don't know how T works for FTM, but I would guess you could keep expecting changes for at least the 12 month period. That is about how long it takes for a cis male during puberty to get his full voice.

Hugs,
Lacy
She believed she could so she did!

The continuing story of my new life!

•  

ehrhyse

Quote from: Dietlind on October 31, 2018, 10:00:12 PM
Your voice is lower than mine!  And I am still mostly a guy!
Nobody would ever think this is not the voice of a guy! 
I wish estrogen would do such a good job with ging me a higher pitch as T is doing for you with the lower range!

Thank you so much! Wishing you the best with your own transition!
  •  

ehrhyse

Quote from: RealLacy on October 31, 2018, 10:50:01 PM
Emmett,
Congratulations on all the exciting changes. Your look is spot on.

The unbridled truth...you had a passing voice at 5 months, and 7.5 months was even better! 10 months...forget about it!

I have a much deeper voice than I think. If I listen to it recorded I hear what others hear. In my head, when I talk, it sounds higher. Maybe that sensation is adding to your uncertainty.

You have hit a legitimate level! I don't know how T works for FTM, but I would guess you could keep expecting changes for at least the 12 month period. That is about how long it takes for a cis male during puberty to get his full voice.

Hugs,
Lacy

Thank you! And maybe you're right; when I listen to my voice in recordings it sounds deeper to me than it does when I just hear myself talk out loud normally. Best of luck with your own transition!
  •