News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

FTM: Hair loss/gain?

Started by Viktor_01, November 01, 2018, 06:18:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SeptagonScars

Quote from: Kirsteneklund7 on November 17, 2018, 06:36:06 AM
I always love reading your posts. I think your story is a good read for anyone who is trans or considering transition(like me).
I find the ftm scenario fascinating as certain aspects resonate with me - at the same time I find someone actually chosing to take on a masculine appearance hard to fathom when my world is all about trying to trade my masculine appearance for a feminine one.
Do you think your journey travelling full circle has been highly valuable in the end as you now really value being a woman but also have an understanding of how the other half lives/exists.

Also from a platonic perspective I think you are a very beautiful woman.

Wishing you a continuing positive & strengthening journey,  Kirsten[emoji258]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I'm glad my posts are appreciated! I've noticed quite many like hearing my detrans perspective on things. And I've lost count on how many (especially ftm's) have contacted me asking for advice on if they should transition, detransition or not transition. I like helping out and giving my support on that but it got overwhelming after a while.

It's very understandable that it's difficult for you to fathom why anyone would choose to get masculinised when you're going "the other way" and vice versa I think many ftm's feel the same about mtf's. Perhaps that's different for me now though, cause I feel like I both understand and relate to both sides but also feel a strong disconnect to both at the same time. My journey is not the same as anyone's (except from other detrans women, ofc). Cause the ftm route is in my past and I have mixed feelings about it, I'm moving away from it by stopping T and reversing my top surgery, and cause I don't identify as male anymore. And then I relate somewhat to the mtf route cause I face some similar social struggles cause I also identify as female but am not always recognised as female by others, cause I don't really pass irl, and I'm legally male. Especially I don't pass when I have a beard going on. But I don't feel any dysphoria about having my male traits, I already have many of the female traits that many mtf's wish they had, and I'll never have to worry about my close friends and family (that have known me my whole life) not seeing me as a woman cause I'm afab. They see me as a sad gender f--up who fail at both genders instead but uhm yeah... But also the kind of transphobia I get subjected to nowadays is the kind that's directed at mtf's, even though that in my case is very misdirected, but that doesn't make it any nicer. However in practice, my detransing is very different from the mtf route, not even my second chest surgery will be similar to a mtf BA at all.

But then additionally I also feel some connection to nb people who do partial transitions to look androgynous and don't feel like they fit the binary male/female boxes, cause I love having a mix of male and female traits. But I'm also not really nb cause my gender aligns with my bio sex and it's really just my body not fitting the binary. So I'm kinda everywhere, yet not belonging anywhere in any of the "established trans categories" but I think I have somewhat of a place within the trans community in general, cause I do share experiences and feelings with many. Well I think I could say really a lot about how much I feel like I "fall between the chairs" though.

Oh I definitely value everything I've learned and experienced about having seen both the male and female social sides! Living as a man (and passing as a cis man) helped me connect more to men and understand them. I got more compassion for their gender struggles and seeing how very different they are from women's struggles. It opened my mind a lot. Perhaps especially cause of seeing the gay male community from the inside, men's locker rooms, being in groups of only men when they thought no women were around, and seeing myself as an equal to men. Then going back to live as a woman but for the first time actually liking being a woman I got more compassionate for other women and their struggles too. You could say I became quite the humanist! Cause I have seen myself as "one of the men" and now I see myself as "one of the women" however I also feel like I don't quite fit in with either now. Cause even though I see myself as a woman and want to be on that side, I get excluded from both sides due to not passing (like I get thrown out from women's locker rooms and have to use gender neutral ones cause I make everyone in such places uncomfortable), and despite being cis, I connect much better to trans people cause other cis people don't understand what heck I've been through gender-wise and I'm now being othered more than ever. So yeah my social struggles are quite intense, cause I'm not being recognised as either a man or a woman irl.

Thank you! I think I got some luck with my looks both naturally and medically, but that also my confidence and lack of shame makes me kinda glow up a bit too. I'm trying my best to stay positive (but also allowing myself to break down and cry sometimes when it's just extra hard) and focus on moving forward to a better and brighter future. I know it's somewhere over there though!
Mar. 2009 - came out as ftm
Nov. 2009 - changed my name to John
Mar. 2010 - diagnosed with GID
Aug. 2010 - started T, then stopped after 1 year
Aug. 2013 - started T again, kept taking it since
Mar. 2014 - top surgery
Dec. 2014 - legal gender marker changed to male
Jul. 2018 - came out as cis woman and began detransition
Sep. 2018 - stopped taking T and changed my name to Laura
Oct. 2018 - got new ID-card

Medical Detransition plans: breast reconstruction surgery, change legal gender back to female.
  •  

Kirsteneklund7

I know I'm a bit off topic.
Thank you so much for such a brilliant reply. My heart goes out to your life trials and tribulations.

I bet the cards you got dealt really have given you the skills & knowledge to give back to society - to help people in so many ways.

I really dig the situation where you can understand where men come from & also women. My MTF journey so far has opened the door to better communiction with my mates who are female.

Im still presenting male at work but allow female expression in my spare time to offset the pressure of not having an aligned gender. Also full MTF HRT keeps my soul &body together.

I would love to be able to pass/blend as you have done - but Im still happy I can just live and stay on top of my gender monster. Often women at work will share stuff with me they wont tell the other guys - so I must be doing something right!

It remains to be seen whether  androgyne is for me or full transition.

Anyway I bet those that have approached you for FTM advice have come away better off wth knowledge & resource to make their own informed decisions.

Look forward to seeing you more on the site, Kirsten[emoji885]

As a child prayed to be a girl- now the prayer is being answered - 40 years later !
  •  

Viktor_01

Wow, so many replies!
Thanks again to all of you, and a special thank you to SeptagonScars - your posts are always so insightful and detailed!
  •  

SeptagonScars

Quote from: Kirsteneklund7 on November 17, 2018, 02:09:50 PM
I know I'm a bit off topic.
Thank you so much for such a brilliant reply. My heart goes out to your life trials and tribulations.

I bet the cards you got dealt really have given you the skills & knowledge to give back to society - to help people in so many ways.

I really dig the situation where you can understand where men come from & also women. My MTF journey so far has opened the door to better communiction with my mates who are female.

Im still presenting male at work but allow female expression in my spare time to offset the pressure of not having an aligned gender. Also full MTF HRT keeps my soul &body together.

I would love to be able to pass/blend as you have done - but Im still happy I can just live and stay on top of my gender monster. Often women at work will share stuff with me they wont tell the other guys - so I must be doing something right!

It remains to be seen whether  androgyne is for me or full transition.

Anyway I bet those that have approached you for FTM advice have come away better off wth knowledge & resource to make their own informed decisions.

Look forward to seeing you more on the site, Kirsten[emoji885]

I think maybe much of why I got understanding of both men and women was mostly because I have at some point or another felt a strong connection to both. And although I have in my past rejected my female side in a way that made me feel disconnected to other women, I've never really rejected my male side, so I don't quite disconnect from men. Now detransing I still let my male side be a part of me and don't reject it like I used to do with my female side. I don't know if that makes sense.

I'm sure you'll figure out what will work best for you in the long run, transition wise. And I hope your journey will be a lot smoother than my bumpy ride! Well I wouldn't wish my mess on anyone, but still.

I have also thought about if I might be androgyne, but upon realising that I feel very proudly connected to being a woman and like it's empowering for me (like some kind of very strong, positive inner force) and that embracing it felt like "coming home" for me - but I'm mostly just fascinated by maleness, like it's akin to an adventure for me, but not "a home" I figured that probably means my gender is entirely female but just has some stronger masculine qualities to it. However that could also mean I'm a female-aligned androgyne. But whatever, doesn't matter much to me what term I use for my gender situation. I'm just gender-weird!

Many of them said they were helped by me, and even a close friend of mine who used to id as ftm but then realised he didn't have dysphoria and didn't want to transition medically, because I spent extra time and resources helping him figure himself out. It's definitely very rewarding for me to see him just really loving his body now because of help I gave him to find out what he really wanted/felt. But the vast majority of ftm's that approached me found out that transitioning really is right for them, and that's great too. But after all that helping it overwhelmed and depleted me, cause I'm still fragile with my own detrans situation, so I did decide to take a break from the armchair psychology for now.

I'll be staying around here so I'm sure you'll see my replies in various threads here and there! How active I am comes and goes, but I've no intention of leaving this site entirely :)
Mar. 2014 - top surgery

Medical Detransition plans: breast reconstruction surgery, change legal gender back to female.
  •  

SeptagonScars

Quote from: Viktor_01 on November 17, 2018, 07:10:52 PM
Wow, so many replies!
Thanks again to all of you, and a special thank you to SeptagonScars - your posts are always so insightful and detailed!

Thank you! I'm glad to be insightful :)
Mar. 2014 - top surgery

•  

Kirsteneklund7

Quote from: SeptagonScars on November 18, 2018, 12:51:03 PM
I think maybe much of why I got understanding of both men and women was mostly because I have at some point or another felt a strong connection to both. And although I have in my past rejected my female side in a way that made me feel disconnected to other women, I've never really rejected my male side, so I don't quite disconnect from men. Now detransing I still let my male side be a part of me and don't reject it like I used to do with my female side. I don't know if that makes sense.

I'm sure you'll figure out what will work best for you in the long run, transition wise. And I hope your journey will be a lot smoother than my bumpy ride! Well I wouldn't wish my mess on anyone, but still.

I have also thought about if I might be androgyne, but upon realising that I feel very proudly connected to being a woman and like it's empowering for me (like some kind of very strong, positive inner force) and that embracing it felt like "coming home" for me - but I'm mostly just fascinated by maleness, like it's akin to an adventure for me, but not "a home" I figured that probably means my gender is entirely female but just has some stronger masculine qualities to it. However that could also mean I'm a female-aligned androgyne. But whatever, doesn't matter much to me what term I use for my gender situation. I'm just gender-weird!

Many of them said they were helped by me, and even a close friend of mine who used to id as ftm but then realised he didn't have dysphoria and didn't want to transition medically, because I spent extra time and resources helping him figure himself out. It's definitely very rewarding for me to see him just really loving his body now because of help I gave him to find out what he really wanted/felt. But the vast majority of ftm's that approached me found out that transitioning really is right for them, and that's great too. But after all that helping it overwhelmed and depleted me, cause I'm still fragile with my own detrans situation, so I did decide to take a break from the armchair psychology for now.

I'll be staying around here so I'm sure you'll see my replies in various threads here and there! How active I am comes and goes, but I've no intention of leaving this site entirely :)
Good on you Septagon. Very informative heartfelt post. I think the issue of making peace with ones body is an important one. I can confidently say I overcame some self harm issues by confronting my gender misalignment issue.

I would love to chat more. Feel free to PM if it suits.

Yours truly, Kirsten.

As a child prayed to be a girl- now the prayer is being answered - 40 years later !
  •