Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Another first

Started by Jaime320, November 04, 2018, 07:18:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaime320

I know this is therapy area stay with me. So started down hrt route at a lgbt clinic 2 weeks ago. Labs are back and have follow up appointment tomorrow. So far I've come straight from work, and haven't went as the true me. No big deal so far. I want to but not enough time with work and commute. In a few days I have my first therapy appointment at a center downtown. I may have enough time to change for it. Is it better to go as me or him? I've briefly spoken with the therapist, he seems like a nice younger guy. I'm going to a very open and accepting environment. My biggest fear would be the possible animosity from another group of the "family". I guess dressing isn't absolutely expected, but I feel it might get things further along quicker. Besides I like going out as me whenever possible. Hell I've spent a lot on a new wardrobe recently. I want to put it to good use.
  •  

Jaime320

Good grief. I wrote that in a hurry as plane was taking off.  It sounds like I'm asking permission to dress. Umm no not that. More asking in your experience what is expected or the norm when going to Appointments.
  •  

Linde

Quote from: Jaime320 on November 04, 2018, 07:18:43 PM
I know this is therapy area stay with me. So started down hrt route at a lgbt clinic 2 weeks ago. Labs are back and have follow up appointment tomorrow. So far I've come straight from work, and haven't went as the true me. No big deal so far. I want to but not enough time with work and commute. In a few days I have my first therapy appointment at a center downtown. I may have enough time to change for it. Is it better to go as me or him? I've briefly spoken with the therapist, he seems like a nice younger guy. I'm going to a very open and accepting environment. My biggest fear would be the possible animosity from another group of the "family". I guess dressing isn't absolutely expected, but I feel it might get things further along quicker. Besides I like going out as me whenever possible. Hell I've spent a lot on a new wardrobe recently. I want to put it to good use.
My therapierst can care less in what kind of cloth I come, but she gives me homework to do and I have to keep her updated by sending pictures to her.  She wants me to be woman at home as much as possible, and she wanted me to shopping ass a guy in the female clothing department of big stores.  She wants me to be at easy and not even think about gender, but just be natural about it.
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

Jaime320

Thanks, that's about what I expected. I guess I'm an overachiever. I did both of those things a few times this week. The department store bit is getting easier. Still nervous in certain stores though, but I did it.
  •  

LizK

Quote from: Jaime320 on November 04, 2018, 10:45:51 PM
Good grief. I wrote that in a hurry as plane was taking off.  It sounds like I'm asking permission to dress. Umm no not that. More asking in your experience what is expected or the norm when going to Appointments.

I don't know that it is expected and I certainly didn't see my first therapist dressed...it took me two months to turn up wearing a little mascara...having said all that...that was me and you need to do what you want this should be a safe experience for you. Don't think you can't mix and match a bit, I went Androgynously for as long time slowly ramping up the4 feminie stuff until I was going as myself to all appointments or places I knew were "safe" and eventyually i went fulltime. You will know when you are ready to venture out in public regularly but before I could do that I had to find a space that I was safe to be myself in...that turned out to be my therapists office to start off with.

It certainly won't be frowned upon LOL

Take care

Liz

Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Jaime320

Thanks Liz. I'm going out already to dinner with the girls. No everyday stuff yet. I guess I'm comfortable with going as me to appointments.  I feel it opens the conversation immediately to talking about the elephant in the room. Hopefully allowing us to talk about other stuff  as well.
  •