Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Erections, orgasm after Orchiectomy....

Started by Adrianna86, November 13, 2018, 03:31:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adrianna86

I had an Orchiectomy on October 1st.
I've been on HRT since October 18, 2017, so just about a year before my surgery.
I've never lost the ability to get erect and I can still reach penile orgasm.
Even just a few days after surgery, I was able to reach full length (Although, I have lost nearly an inch, I think), and a week-ish after, I was able to engage in penetrative intercourse with my wife, and I even had a full, but dry, penile orgasm....

WHAT GIVES!?!? Why does it still insist on working?!? My T levels have been nearly zero for a few months now, BUT IT JUST WON'T STOP!!
Advice?
  •  

Devlyn

I'm assuming your doctor and surgeon went over this with you before surgery. An orchiectomy will leave you sterile. There is a risk of not being able to get an erection or orgasm after the surgery, but usually these abilities remain. That's about it. I'm kind of surprised that you're kind of surprised, to be honest.
  •  

Jessica

@Adrianna86

Quote from: Adrianna86 on November 13, 2018, 03:31:55 AM
I had an Orchiectomy on October 1st.
I've been on HRT since October 18, 2017, so just about a year before my surgery.
I've never lost the ability to get erect and I can still reach penile orgasm.
Even just a few days after surgery, I was able to reach full length (Although, I have lost nearly an inch, I think), and a week-ish after, I was able to engage in penetrative intercourse with my wife, and I even had a full, but dry, penile orgasm....

WHAT GIVES!?!? Why does it still insist on working?!? My T levels have been nearly zero for a few months now, BUT IT JUST WON'T STOP!!
Advice?

I haven't the knowledge to give you a proper answer.  But that is one of the reasons we all joined Susan's Place, to learn.  What seems duh! to some is huh? to others.  I'm sure a member will answer with their experience, which of course is held to the ymmv protocol.  If you have concerns, don't hesitate to ask your doctor, but don't give up on finding a possible reason here on the forums, there are many here wanting to help.

Good luck, Jessica

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

Megan.

I've not had an orchi, but I'm on gnrh blockers (Decapeptyl), that has effectively the same effect. I've posted elsewhere here that I can still get erect and orgasm.

YMMV as always, but getting erect is still very possible with little or no T. It's simply a matter of blood flow to the right places, which is often more a matter of the mind than any single hormone.

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

•  

KimOct

Adrianna I had an orchiectomy in July 2017 so it's over a year.  I am on Estrogen also, so there is no testosterone going on with the exception of the little bit from adrenal glands like a ciswoman.

It has been 16 months or so.  I still get erections comparable to the ones I did before the orchie.  Pretty decent ones - so to speak.  My orgasms are also virtually dry.  I get a little bit of pre-ejaculate sometimes.

I had this discussion with someone else that told me that the ejaculate does not come from the testicles only the sperm - not sure about that I am just reporting my experience.  I have not researched it to see why there is no ejaculate because I really don't care.

Anyway I am 16 months after orchie and my experience is still the same as your is now.
The first transphobe you have to conquer is yourself
  •  

KimOct

Ok after I posted that last reply I finally got curious.  The semen comes from primarily two places.  The most is from the seminal vesicles and the other is from the prostate.  Who knew?  Not me LOL.  The sperm is from the testicles which is why we are now sterile. (thank goodness lol )

Anyway those are still there after an orchie.  Why are our orgasms dry?  I have no idea.  But mine are.  It's really not bad - I kind of like it.  They last longer and can be repeated.  Anyway that's my experience so don't freak out - you're not alone.  If it really bothers you ask your doctor.
  •  

Chloe

Quote from: Adrianna86 on November 13, 2018, 03:31:55 AMBUT IT JUST WON'T STOP!!
Advice?

lol Tell the wife to STOP, leave you alone? Mine still *grabs*, chases me around the house (sometimes *naked* :o ) all the time!
"But it's no use now," thought poor Alice, "to pretend be two people!
"Why, there's hardly enough of me left to make one respectable person!"
  •  

Linde

Quote from: KimOct on December 01, 2018, 01:39:03 AM
Ok after I posted that last reply I finally got curious.  The semen comes from primarily two places.  The most is from the seminal vesicles and the other is from the prostate.  Who knew?  Not me LOL.  The sperm is from the testicles which is why we are now sterile. (thank goodness lol )

Anyway those are still there after an orchie.  Why are our orgasms dry?  I have no idea.  But mine are.  It's really not bad - I kind of like it.  They last longer and can be repeated.  Anyway that's my experience so don't freak out - you're not alone.  If it really bothers you ask your doctor.
You girls may experience a retrograde ejaculation!
https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/retrograde-ejaculation/symptoms-causes/syc-20354890
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

KimOct

Dietlind - Thank you so much for that link.  Uh YEAH that's me !!  I fell into several of those categories.  In addition to the orchiectomy which may have caused damage to that muscle that was described I have also been being treated for bladder cancer for 7 years and had five surgeries not to mentions cameras and other crap shoved up there endlessly.

It's a wonder I still even have my bladder.  If my only damage is that I have dry orgasms all I can say is thank goodness.
Oh yeah I am also on blood pressure meds.. I think I covered everything in the article LOL

Thanks again for the link.
  •  

Allison S

I'm a bit over a year on hrt with almost no testosterone since about 3 months or so... I think it's the mind that'll keep it going and sometimes honestly it could just be part of embracing our femininity? Who knows lol it's a bit weird to think I'm turned on by appearing feminine [emoji23] Still I think it's natural. I just won't use or want it to be touched...

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

•  

Cerys Nomi

did you get the operation on nhs or private

i would love to get more information on getting an bilateral orchiectomy i have had no luck on finding a uk place to get it done
  •  

Linde

Quote from: KimOct on December 02, 2018, 01:03:12 AM
Dietlind - Thank you so much for that link.  Uh YEAH that's me !!  I fell into several of those categories.  In addition to the orchiectomy which may have caused damage to that muscle that was described I have also been being treated for bladder cancer for 7 years and had five surgeries not to mentions cameras and other crap shoved up there endlessly.

It's a wonder I still even have my bladder.  If my only damage is that I have dry orgasms all I can say is thank goodness.
Oh yeah I am also on blood pressure meds.. I think I covered everything in the article LOL

Thanks again for the link.
Did they put you on Finasteride?  It would almost make sense with all the stuff you had ging on in the neither regions.  I take Finasteride for many years now, because my prostate pushe someway into my bladder, and some version varicose veins developed which leaked blood into my bladder/urine.  Finasteride of cause reduces testosterone activity, and thus helps with the feminizing process.

I think there is hardly anybody who is not on blood pressure meds, or should be on them!  Our modern life style, with little physical demand and moving, combined with all the hidden salts (and fats) in our foods is doing this to us!
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

Phlox1

I think this is a very much YMMV type question.  In my case I could still sort of perform for a few months, but by about 6 months the show was over.
  •  

MikeP

Quote from: Allison S on December 02, 2018, 01:56:16 AM
I'm a bit over a year on hrt with almost no testosterone since about 3 months or so... I think it's the mind that'll keep it going and sometimes honestly it could just be part of embracing our femininity? Who knows lol it's a bit weird to think I'm turned on by appearing feminine [emoji23] Still I think it's natural. I just won't use or want it to be touched...

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk
I am convinced erections have there own mind. I never felt in control whether thinking feminine or not.  My genital dysphoria started young and has been a love hate relationship.  Age seems to have the biggest effects on them subsiding.  HRT is helping me with the mental distractions.  If I do find a sweet spot on HRT I will have surgery.  For now?

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

If you say you can or cant do something you are correct! Henry Ford
  •  

Chloe

Quote from: Devlyn on November 13, 2018, 03:56:35 AMI'm kind of surprised that you're kind of surprised, to be honest.

Original OP hasn't been online logged since 15 February 2019  :police:
Maybe brains ekked out (Dementors?), and she's gone totally loopy?

After years on E only and totally dry I "tested" today . . .
And had 'EJ'? Maybe it's a time-of-month thing, to each our own "mating season'?

Been bikini sitting in sun tanning a lot lately . . . (no umbrella)
Maybe it's the vitamin D?
"But it's no use now," thought poor Alice, "to pretend be two people!
"Why, there's hardly enough of me left to make one respectable person!"
  •  

Bea1968

Good to know as this is something I am considering down the road a bit. Thank you for the post.
  •  

krobinson103

Was on inhibitors for 9 months then had an orchiodectomy. I can get an erection of a sort if I want to and I get a bit of fluid from the prostrate. The sensation is totally different though and the ejaculation part gives me no pleasure what so ever. Its still sensitive but tbh far more useful for other purposes than what it was originally meant for. I honestly think with e and no t the pathways get reprogrammed. A female will get some swelling down there its just not as pronounced.

As for erections going away? I think its 90% in the mind.
Every day is a totally awesome day
Every day provides opportunities and challenges
Every challenge leads to an opportunity
Every fear faced leads to one more strength
Every strength leads to greater success
Success leads to self esteem
Self Esteem leads to happiness.
Cherish every day.
  •