Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Listen

Started by Susan, November 15, 2018, 12:50:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Susan

Featuring young trans actors in trans roles, 'Listen' honestly and frankly depicts some of the myriad struggles experienced daily by trans children and teenagers, giving a much needed voice to this often maligned section of the community.

The new film from writer/director Jake Graf.

Susan Larson
Founder
Susan's Place Transgender Resources

Help support this website and our community by Donating or Subscribing!
  •  

Devlyn

Tough to watch. Thanks for posting this.

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

Jessica

Thank you Susan.  Devlyn's correct, it is tough to watch.

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

Sonja

I found the part where the child was saying "she (her mother) says she just wants me to be happy but she's more worried about what other people think"  one of the most frequent reactions I've come across, certainly for myself.

I think this concept is one of the most important for parents, SO's and family should be made aware of in their thought process.  Making sure the people who are most important to them are clearly elevated above all others.IMO.

Thanks for posting,

Sonja.
  •  

SadieBlake

I liked the closing note.

Hard to watch? I already lived far worse. I had no idea what was wrong with me when I was that age and at least that clip is depicting kids who are acknowledged and parents who are trying. For me it was being punished by family, teachers and schoolmates for every failure to meet gender expectations.
🌈👭 lesbian, troublemaker ;-) 🌈🏳️‍🌈
  •