Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Better late than never, Jamie

Started by gracefulhat, November 17, 2018, 05:33:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gracefulhat

Oh Rae, I really needed this. Yes, I'm sure the person wasn't purposely trying to be hurtful, it's just that it stings and it was one of many stings today. The worst thing I feel like I could have done was get upset at her because most cis people have no idea how much they hurt us. And don't worry, your time is coming too 😁. If I could give you reputation I would give +10 for healing me tonight. XOXO. Also, I absolutely love that little blessing you and your friend do at work. I memorized and recite Psalm 91 each day driving to work, of course trying to increase my pitch too 😉. "Only people who are living brave and finding strength in vulnerability have opinions that should matter." Wow,! Hopefully I can give back to you someday too.
Thanks Rae!

Above all, love
  •  

Rae321

Quote from: gracefulhat on May 01, 2019, 09:35:36 PM
Oh Rae, I really needed this. Yes, I'm sure the person wasn't purposely trying to be hurtful, it's just that it stings and it was one of many stings today. The worst thing I feel like I could have done was get upset at her because most cis people have no idea how much they hurt us. And don't worry, your time is coming too 😁. If I could give you reputation I would give +10 for healing me tonight. XOXO. Also, I absolutely love that little blessing you and your friend do at work. I memorized and recite Psalm 91 each day driving to work, of course trying to increase my pitch too 😉. "Only people who are living brave and finding strength in vulnerability have opinions that should matter." Wow,! Hopefully I can give back to you someday too.
Thanks Rae!
If you have Netflix you should watch the Brene Brown special.  She'll make you cry, but she is awesome and all about strength and courage through vulnerability and risk.  She'll show you how what you do everyday makes you a more whole person than the haters who hide behind their armor.  <3
  •  

cargurl72

Just wow!!! That video was so great!! I always look forwards to your post. I really wanna come up and hang out with you again soon. That letter to your mom nearly brought me to tears. Really made me think about my mother, and the changes she has faced with me.
  •  

gracefulhat

I don't have Netflix, but I just now went into YouTube and watched a 20 minute Tedtalk by her called the Power of Vulnerability. Eye opening and also affirming. I recently through transitioning learned the importance of connection in my own life, and though I lost some things and people by transitioning, I gained an entire community and have met so many amazing people like you, so I think it's a more than fair trade. I do find being vulnerable as beautiful.

Quote from: Rae321 on May 01, 2019, 09:49:29 PM
If you have Netflix you should watch the Brene Brown special.  She'll make you cry, but she is awesome and all about strength and courage through vulnerability and risk.  She'll show you how what you do everyday makes you a more whole person than the haters who hide behind their armor.  <3
Above all, love
  •  

gracefulhat

Thanks cargurl, I want to see you again soon. Maybe at the next Sunday group?  I just sent an email to the plastic surgeon asking about a tracheal shave in September or October. Maybe I can sleep @ your place for a night? Thank you for your kind words. Making the videos keeps my mind occupied and lifts my spirit. In August I will do a 12 mo hrt video. Yes, I'm thankful to have a mom still. She is struggling with all of this but in the end she's my mom 😊

Quote from: cargurl72 on May 01, 2019, 10:10:59 PM
Just wow!!! That video was so great!! I always look forwards to your post. I really wanna come up and hang out with you again soon. That letter to your mom nearly brought me to tears. Really made me think about my mother, and the changes she has faced with me.
Above all, love
  •  

Dorit

Jamie dear I just loved your music video.   It so touched me that it brought tears to my eyes.   Thank you!
  •  

gracefulhat

XOXO

Quote from: Dorit on May 01, 2019, 11:43:59 PM
Jamie dear I just loved your music video.   It so touched me that it brought tears to my eyes.   Thank you!
Above all, love
  •  

Rae321

Jamie.  Good morning,  new day new start.  Hug your wife and make her feel it,  take 5 deep breaths,  smile,  and go kill it cuz you got this. You're my heroine today!
  •  

gracefulhat

Ok Rae, you're officially my motivational girlfriend. Hope you had a wonderful day too.

Quote from: Rae321 on May 02, 2019, 09:29:36 AM
Jamie.  Good morning,  new day new start.  Hug your wife and make her feel it,  take 5 deep breaths,  smile,  and go kill it cuz you got this. You're my heroine today!
Above all, love
  •  

Rae321

•  

gracefulhat

Quote from: gracefulhat on May 01, 2019, 12:14:35 PM
Intimacy:

So we haven't been intimate for nearly one year. I haven't had a big sex drive and so the famine hasn't been difficult...until now. Not that I'm wanting to have sex necessarily, but I want someone physically closer.  Maybe I'm advertising this to others unknowingly because I am receiving signals from others and it scares me. I am married and I don't want to be polyamorous because I know it would ruine my marriage (because of her spiritual beliefs), and I don't want that. I love her but it's getting more difficult because my mind and emotions sometimes stray.

I'm hesitant to make a follow up about this post, but in order to keep this thread real I believe it's necessary. I am also posting about this because I know I made the right choice for everyone involved (personal details have been excluded for protection, purposely being vague)
In the previous post I had mentioned receiving and sending signals. I also mentioned "others" when infact it was just one person. I had just met them last week and it was like a magnet, not really sexually but personality and interests wise. After leaving them I found myself thinking about them for a few days. They had told me things that made me feel good about myself, and they were things that I have alot of insecurities about.  They also told me they were polyamorous which I had to educate myself on. After knowing what it meant I found my mind wandering and thinking about certain possibilities. This is all new for me, at least for the last 15 years and it gave me excitement that someone wanted to be with me and found me beautiful. We met again yesterday (both times in a group)  and the feelings/magnetism was not a fluke, but had elevated. I now found myself physically drawn to them and more possibilities were popping up. Was it just me? Was it all in my imagination?
After departing and driving home my mind was going bonkers. I am not someone who enjoys duality in my life. I love to be open and honest as possible (as evidence by this public thread) and guilt began to creep in. I hadn't done anything physically to feel guilty about, but mentally... And I know that thoughts give birth to action. There's also a thrill about secrets and I know that if the secret is opened then the excitement will often evaporate.
So I decided to call.
I told them that I was attracted them, that it felt like a magnet. To my surprise, they reciprocated the same feelings and was going to text me something similar when they arrived home. With my body screaming one thing and my mind screaming another my mind was grey.
My spouse and I had spoken about not restricting the other sexually, but I know that it was just talk. The reality of our expectations I intuitively know are that we will be faithful to each other and somehow in the end be one again as a couple (even sexually).
So I told them that they are an amazing person (which they also said about me and it felt good), but that I couldn't further the relationship. They were very kind, gentle and understanding. They assured me that our relationship could be whatever was comfortable for me, but that whenever I wanted we could take things further.
After the call I sat  in my car and there was still a nervous feeling in my stomach, like I haven't fully addressed the issue. There still remained that temptation that things could go further, and I am a very simple person. I am not able to keep a relationship like that. So I called them back and told them it's not fair for them because they shouldn't wait for me. That they have needs and need to be with someone that will meet them. That I am already mentally on edge and that I can't mentally take this right now (there were many explicits that I used). They asked me if I needed space and I said yes, that I'm sorry but I cannot do this relationship. They apologized multiple times and I ended it by saying I have to go. Afterwards I deleted and blocked their phone number and Facebook. Not because of them but because of me. I don't trust myself around them.
I then called my T-mom, an amazing woman who has been there for me through out my transition.  She answered and I with great emotion described what had happened. She listened and in the end told me that she thought I made the most responsible decision. That time will help decrease feelings.
So here I am the next morning and I am relieved by my decision. My body has calmed down and my mind is back in control. I thought I wasn't a very sexual person, but this last week has thrown me for a loop.
Above all, love
  •  

Rae321

Jamie, as a polyamorous individual in a monogamous marriage and who anchors a lot of my identity in my marriage and loves my spouse deeply i can tell you this. if he was as hard on me for this transition as your wife has been on you i dont think i could stand to have a temptation like that around. Weve been intimate exactly once since i came out and while it was great its been pretty spotty over the last year. So if he was making me feel bad about myself at the same time and someone else i was attracted to was making moves i would have to cut them off. I would neved be able to work on him with someone else on my mind and i would never forgive myself if i let him go without driving this road with him till the wheels came off. We have to become ourselves but i suspect that becoming ourselves necessarily entails not forgetting ourselves in the process. We are not becoming new, we are becoming more whole. The women in you fell in love too. She married your wife, and made promises to her and to herself. Just because you recognize that the man in you was just a suit doesnt change the things that made you fall in love in the first place. If i were in your shoes i would have done the same thing and it sounds like you feel a lot better having done it. You are embodying a strong women and i feel like my instincts about you are being proven out. I find myself looking up to you more with each post. I really hope things get better at home and im sending you a big, teary, runny makeup stain on your shoulder, hug. Go pick yourself a flower and stay strong sister! <333
  •  

gracefulhat

Quote from: Rae321 on May 05, 2019, 11:30:23 AM
We have to become ourselves but i suspect that becoming ourselves necessarily entails not forgetting ourselves in the process.We are not becoming new, we are becoming more whole. The women in you fell in love too. She married your wife, and made promises to her and to herself. Just because you recognize that the man in you was just a suit doesnt change the things that made you fall in love in the first place. <333

XOXO Rae
Above all, love
  •  

Nichole Kunis

OMG......wow I jus read the whole thread.... that is some story.....I was so holding back from crying at the end....I'm still jus..... kinda speechless....... thanks for sharing.
  •  

gracefulhat

Quote from: Nichole Kunis on May 05, 2019, 06:47:36 PM
OMG......wow I jus read the whole thread.... that is some story.....I was so holding back from crying at the end....I'm still jus..... kinda speechless....... thanks for sharing.
Thx girl
Above all, love
  •  

gracefulhat

A little video for all the ladies out there who struggle with the vocals
Above all, love
  •  

Rae321

You are waay ahead of me girl.  Even though your pitch isn't perfectly avoiding low ranges your tone is excellent and sounds very female to me.  You're coming right along. Im going to have to try to find something i can recite to myself everyday like that to help train myself away from staccato speaking style.  It's working really well for you. It sounds good on you! <3
  •  

gracefulhat

Quote from: Rae321 on May 08, 2019, 07:28:46 PM
You are waay ahead of me girl.  Even though your pitch isn't perfectly avoiding low ranges your tone is excellent and sounds very female to me.  You're coming right along. Im going to have to try to find something i can recite to myself everyday like that to help train myself away from staccato speaking style.  It's working really well for you. It sounds good on you! <3

Thx Rae! It's definitely all post puberty trans women's struggle 😔. And we don't HAVE to sound just like cis women but it certainly can make life easier, amen?
Above all, love
  •  

Linde

Quote from: gracefulhat on May 08, 2019, 07:50:36 PM
Thx Rae! It's definitely all post puberty trans women's struggle 😔. And we don't HAVE to sound just like cis women but it certainly can make life easier, amen?
You have to remember that the pitch of the voice is not everything. My natural voice is in a rather high pitch range (around low to mid female pitch), but even with this high pitched voice I was always identified as a guy!  It was the way I used my voice.  Male and female speech patterns and intonation patterns are different (you can find lots of info on this on Google), and as long as you do not unlearn the male way to talk, and learn the female way, you will always be looked at funny!
I am lucky in this aspect, because I have only female friends, and I learned along with being their friend.  My speech pattern is pretty much female now, and I can yap along with them for hours in a row.  It is now natural for me, I just sound like any older woman out there.

You are on the right path, and some day you will speak like any other woman of your age group!
Hugs
Linde
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

gracefulhat

Quote from: Dietlind on May 08, 2019, 08:41:27 PM
You have to remember that the pitch of the voice is not everything. My natural voice is in a rather high pitch range (around low to mid female pitch), but even with this high pitched voice I was always identified as a guy!  It was the way I used my voice.  Male and female speech patterns and intonation patterns are different (you can find lots of info on this on Google), and as long as you do not unlearn the male way to talk, and learn the female way, you will always be looked at funny!
I am lucky in this aspect, because I have only female friends, and I learned along with being their friend.  My speech pattern is pretty much female now, and I can yap along with them for hours in a row.  It is now natural for me, I just sound like any older woman out there.

You are on the right path, and some day you will speak like any other woman of your age group!
Hugs
Linde

Linde, you're so pretty! Love your pic. Thx for the advice and support. It just takes time and effort I guess.
Above all, love
  •