Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Looking for other Transgendered Christians

Started by MarshaJoy825, November 17, 2018, 08:40:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarshaJoy825

Hello,
I am new to the forum and I have rccently posted my intro. I have struggled with being Tg almost all of my life. I have tried to deal with this in a constant cycle of having thoughts and perhaps dressing and then confess it as sin and try to forsake it. I probably have done this cycle five hundred times. I am tired of pretending. I do realize now that this is the way I was born. I do see a very rough road of transition ahead. For this reason I would love to develop some friendships with other transgenders who are Christians. Obviously, I will treasure a friendship with those who are not Christians as well. I am so grateful for those whom I have already started a friendship. 
  •  

Autrement

Hi,

I am also a christian. I consider my dysphoria as something I did not choose, therefore this cannot be a sin!

It is part of my life I have to accept, I believe Christ is with me in my suffering. This is my cross, my way to take part in Christ's suffering.

I pray God every day to show me the way he would like me to follow, and I trust He will do so as I asked Him, I consider He is already doing so...

I move slowly since I do not want to hurt my wife and my 4 children. I am on HRT since 4 years but still present as a male most of the time. I am quite peaceful overall, even if there are some painful moments with my wife - we love each other very much, but seeing me changing gives her the impression she is loosing me.

Hugs.

Pascale
  •  

MarshaJoy825

Quote from: Autrement on November 18, 2018, 03:46:06 AM
Hi,

I am also a christian. I consider my dysphoria as something I did not choose, therefore this cannot be a sin!

It is part of my life I have to accept, I believe Christ is with me in my suffering. This is my cross, my way to take part in Christ's suffering.

I pray God every day to show me the way he would like me to follow, and I trust He will do so as I asked Him, I consider He is already doing so...

I move slowly since I do not want to hurt my wife and my 4 children. I am on HRT since 4 years but still present as a male most of the time. I am quite peaceful overall, even if there are some painful moments with my wife - we love each other very much, but seeing me changing gives her the impression she is loosing me.

Hugs.

Pascale

Pascale, thanks so much for responding to my post! I do enjoy meeting many of the people here, but it is nice to also have a chance to chat with someone who is a Christian. There are some unique challenges in being TG and a Christian. I know many have given up their faith in some way as a result of transitioning. I am fearful that this may happen to me. I realize that the way I view my faith will probably change, but I do want to have a spiritual life. Would it work for you if I can PM you some time just to share a bit more and also ask you a couple of questions about how you have kept your faith during this time of transition.

Hugs from Marsha
  •  

Autrement

Hi Marsha,

Sure, please PM me when you want.

Pascale
  •  

Sarah1979

I am Christian too, welcome to Susan's!  I know God put me here for a reason, dysphoria and all, it's my job through prayer to discover it, and to fulfill my purpose.

Hugs,

Sarah
  •  

MarshaJoy825

Quote from: Sarah1979 on November 18, 2018, 08:31:46 PM
I am Christian too, welcome to Susan's!  I know God put me here for a reason, dysphoria and all, it's my job through prayer to discover it, and to fulfill my purpose.

Hugs,

Sarah

Sarah, thanks so much for responding to my post. I do enjoy meeting many of the people here. However, it is nice to talk about being TG and a Christian at the same time. As a Christian, I have found some unique challenges in accepting being Marsha. I have been fifty years going back and forth on this. How did you ever get peace in being TG and a Christian? Also, would it work for us to PM from time to time? If not, I do understand.
  •  

Lacy

I'm a fellow TG Christian.
It wasn't easy growing up with a Pastor for a father. I was steeped in guilt and self hatred.

Needless to say, I now accept myself as both trans and a Christian. It took a long time and lots of praying/studying, but thank God I'm there.

Marsha and I have good conversations, and if anyone else ever needs to chat or needs some encouragement do not hesitate to message me!

Lacy

She believed she could so she did!

The continuing story of my new life!

•  

MarshaJoy825

Quote from: reborn on November 19, 2018, 01:39:58 PM
Ephesians 1:11 teaches that God controls everything including your gender dysphoria. It was created by him and it is the way he wants you to be for your highest good, and the highestgood of the people.

Reborn, thanks for your post and sharing Ephesians 1:11. I do hope that we can chat some more about our faith and being TG. Please have a nice evening. Hugs from Marsha
  •  

Danielle Kristina

I'm transgender and Christian also.  For a long time I believed that dressing as myself was a sin.  I'd feel so guilty about it that I would quit praying because I felt so ashamed, yet I couldn't stop dressing.  My authentic self wouldn't let me stop, and she'd scream loudly until I'd give in to her.  I purged multiple times, thinking that if I could live a "normal" life then I would be worthy of God's love.  I felt condemned.  Then I discovered that I'm transgender and there's nothing I can do about it; I was born trans and I'll die trans.  Today I'm ok with that and I'm praying again.  Someone once said that being trans just might be God's will for my life; that He designed me this way for a reason even if I don't know what that reason is or even begin to understand it.  While I still wish I were cisgender, I know that I'm not and never will be, but today I'm ok with it.  I'm both transgender and Christian.

Danielle
April 19, 2018: First post here on Susan's Place
April 27, 2018: First session with my gender therapist
July 30, 2018: Received my HRT letter
September 3,2018: Came our for the first time

Becoming me more every day!!!
  •  

Faith

Danielle, My life story is related to yours in that there is always a plan.

a 'friend' posed a list of negativity questions towards me. Of one of those regarded my being transgender and subsequently 'in the wrong body' it was:
"Do you think God makes mistakes"
My answer ..
"God makes plans, man (men&women) makes mistakes.

My wife and I are soul-makes we both recognize and admit this. How could two soul-mates be brought together to build their own family if both are same gender, one raised in a strict anti-*everything* household? It's impossible? No, it's not .. I was born male.

We met, dated, married, have children, have grandchildren. At the very same moment that my wife was considering leaving me (unbeknownst to me) and was praying for guidance and a sign, I began my questioning journey. Within a few weeks of starting that journey my wife confronted me for answers (I was already trying to figure out how to tell her). I told her everything that I knew or suspected.

Today, we are stronger than ever, she went from ready to leave to wanting to stay with no intention of leaving.

Had I been born female, I would not have met my wife, would not have my children, would not have my grandchildren.

Had my revelation come at any other time in my life my marriage would not exist or would have fallen apart.
There was a plan

Faith
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

Moonflower

Marsha, I was a devout Christian, and broadened my religious studies to other faiths. I appreciate Christianity principles that guide us to lead energized, healthy lives, rather than hide in shame and denial. I love the concept of Light revealing all that is evil/harmful, and that Light shriveling darkness that otherwise festers in our darkest corners. I believe that when the Light shines on a trans person, their true gender is revealed, in spite of what human brains think. I believe that this Light winds up touching those who are closest, and can transform their perspectives as well, thus be a mode of healing, if they are open to the Light.

Quote from: Faith on November 29, 2018, 06:16:59 AM
My wife and I are soul-makes we both recognize and admit this. How could two soul-mates be brought together to build their own family if both are same gender, one raised in a strict anti-*everything* household? It's impossible? No, it's not .. I was born male.

Faith, I love this understanding of the value of your being trans. It transforms the argument from, "Did God make a mistake?" to "How does God use what Man considers an abomination?".

Marsha, may you find a smooth, well-lit path through your transition and beyond.
:icon_wave:
1999 married :icon_archery:
The woman hiding behind my husband's facade gradually revealed herself to just me.
Fall 2018 my sweetheart's coming out full time! :icon_female:
She began HRT but had adverse reactions, so gave up on coming out to protect her health.
Summer 2022 I went through gender confirmation surgery as a result of cancer.
2024 her cardiologist and a therapist wrote letters approving of resuming HRT, and now she's getting on the calendar for surgery!
  •  

BlueJaye

Quote from: MarshaJoy825 on November 17, 2018, 08:40:38 PM
Hello,
I am new to the forum and I have rccently posted my intro. I have struggled with being Tg almost all of my life. I have tried to deal with this in a constant cycle of having thoughts and perhaps dressing and then confess it as sin and try to forsake it. I probably have done this cycle five hundred times. I am tired of pretending. I do realize now that this is the way I was born. I do see a very rough road of transition ahead. For this reason I would love to develop some friendships with other transgenders who are Christians. Obviously, I will treasure a friendship with those who are not Christians as well. I am so grateful for those whom I have already started a friendship.

Hi, Marsha. I am a Christian. A bit of a unicorn among the transgender community since I would say that my beliefs would most closely described as conservative evangelical. I went through some really big struggles with the same stuff you mention. I would be happy to discuss it further in private messages if you like. I try to have a biblical outlook on things and I believe there is a place for transgender people in God's kingdom (even if my fellow conservative evangelicals would label me a heretic for believing that).
  •  

BlueJaye

Marsha, I posted a response to another thread earlier this year in response to a question about Christians and the validity of gender dysphoria and being transgender. Here is a copy and paste of what I wrote.

I posted this answer on Quora to somebody who was asking whether I have ever experienced feelings of guilt or shame because of my religious affiliation.

https://www.quora.com/Has-anyone-struggled-with-guilt-and-denial-of-their-gender-dysphoria-because-of-their-religious-beliefs-which-prevents-them-from-coming-out-Ive-struggled-with-this-since-childhood-and-its-hard-to-keep-battling/answer/Casey-Jones-271?share=1606e641&srid=pPLse

"Yes. I was in denial my whole life because I was afraid of what it meant if I admitted it. Especially after I became a Christian at the age of 15. In the eyes of most evangelicals, especially those I have known, being Christian and suffering from gender dysphoria is impossible. Christians don't suffer from that!

I am now 36. After almost 35 years of trying to convince myself that this will all resolve on its own and go away someday, I have finally admitted to myself, my wife, and God that it's part of who I am and it's not going away.

I have had to really reevaluate my faith in light of this. Am I still a Christian? Can I still believe the Bible and say I suffer from gender dysphoria?

I came to the conclusion that yes, I can!

I was always taught the Genesis account of creation, and still believe it with all my heart. In the beginning God made them male and female, and it was good. Everything God created was good at first, wasn't it? But we know that it's a messed up world out there now, and places in the Bible like the book of Romans backs that up. It says that all of creation groans under the curse that came by sin.

One of the big obstacles to accepting gender dysphoria as real is accepting that we can't cherry pick what aspects of creation we want to allow to be under the influence of the curse. Somehow gender and sexual development in the womb is off limits. It's too sacred somehow to think that things like gender could get screwed up even though Christians readily acknowledge a wide range of other developmental flaws that are a result of the curse.

Eunuchs are found in several places in the Bible. In ancient Jewish culture, a eunuch was an outcast because they were gender nonconforming. They were considered neither male nor female. They were not even allowed to be part of Israel or to enter the congregation or temple. Yet there are verses in the Old Testament showing that God loves eunuchs and promises a great inheritance for them in the world to come.

And Jesus had something interesting to say about eunuchs. Not only did he acknowledge that there are people born that way, and even that some are forced by others to become eunuchs (slaves were frequently turned into eunuchs in ancient cultures) but he said that some people choose to become eunuchs for the kingdom of heaven. Why would that be? It's certainly not a requirement for entry. I believe that he was talking about people like myself who find the burden of their biological sex so great that the depression and anxiety prevents them from being effective for His Kingdom. Whether it is a cisgender person who feels overly burdened by biological sex drive, or a transgender person who feels overwhelmed by gender dysphoria.

Jesus told us that "the flesh profits nothing". And also that at the resurrection our bodies will be like the angels, which are genderless. Male and female genders were created for this world and procreation, but will be done away with in the age to come. The apostle Paul said that since the age to come is nearly upon us we are better of to not burden ourselves with procreative roles like marriage but rather focus on the age to come and serving God.

With this in view, I have accepted that gender dysphoria is real, it is a valid experience of many people, including Christians like myself.

I want to leave with one more remark. Premature death due to suicide or substance abuse are the biggest dangers facing transgender people. The book of Ecclesiastes tells us that "Anyone who is among the living has hope - even a live dog is better off than a dead lion!". People who suffer from gender dysphoria are viewed as dogs, especially by Christians. But I would rather be a live dog who is eager to love and serve Jesus, than a stately lion who is dead inside and on its way to hell.

I hope I can challenge transgender people to consider that the Lord Jesus loves them and calls them to salvation, the same Lord who many claim finds you to be an abomination. I also hope I can challenge the viewpoints of those who claim gender dysphoria and being transgender are damnable abominations."
  •  

NatalieRene

Quote from: MarshaJoy825 on November 17, 2018, 08:40:38 PM
Hello,

It's not a sin to exist. God doesn't make mistakes. God gives you what you can handle and then gives any help needed. Talk to him and not your priest or your pastor and you will find the truth.

Anyone that says you are sinning for being true to yourself should know by now that none of us are fit to judge. The things we all need to apologize to god for are covered in the commandments.
  •  

Margarine

I don't consider myself Christian, I have Christian leanings though. I prayed  ever day since a young age to be made correctly or lose the thoughts and feelings. I gave up for a while and turned to anger to fuel me through and to be the most Alpha Male dick head I could be, from fast cars, fights, going to the gym 3 to 5 hours a day, numerous women in my life. Then I married and had three amazing children (was told I would never father any by my PC at age 20) I was married for 18 years, worked 50 to 80 hour weeks not to think about who or what I was, too darn tired. As things happen, she and I divorced. I met my best friend and lover after the divorce. I was content for a time, tapered off the Testosterone, to an above average level. I was ok except for all hallows eve, she kept wanting to dress me up. I refused every year, I started working more and the anger was back, I was turning 52 and felt all had been a waste. I would spend hours looking a self treatment for HRT, get as far as tying in a credit card number and then stopping.... on 09/30/2016 I changed health care providers.
on 10/01/2016 I told my love I would dress up for her (my plan was not to live until the next year) She was happy with getting to dress me... I was afraid and ANGRY. I started praying again, almost pleading for an resolution.
I had a plan for after Halloween not to be around any longer, she would be secure, I would be gone. On the night of 10/15/2016 I had a long monologue with God. I asked for any sign, I apologized for what was coming, but any sign would stop me. Checking the mail on 10/16/16 my insurance coverage documents showed up and listed on Page 52 was transgender services and what Kaiser covered. I sat dumbfounded for a time and cried, I had not cried in decades. I did not tell her, so we went out shopping that day for Halloween stuff a wig, dress, shoes etc... We went out to dinner. The next day we woke up, she asked why I bought 3 pairs of shoes, two dresses and a purse for just one night... I did not need to spend that much to make her happy.... I told her it was for me, I could no longer live as I was and about praying and the insurance coverage... she looked at me and smiled, good she said, your prayers were finally answered, I have heard you late at night talking and now you have your sign. I never once did I say anything in my prayers except make me "right" or take the thoughts away.

The transition was mostly smooth, it was very fast two years and 10 days since starting the hormones, that are correct nearly a year post GCS, 14 days post stage 2 and BA. I am content and border on happy. I don't think god makes mistakes, I think we are given what we want, I also think at times we are for the amusement of the powers that be...
  •  

Nina

One day I'll share my story how I came out to my pastor, and my congregation.
Long story short, I even got a chance to address the congregation one Sunday.
Funny though, never went to church pre-transition.
2007/8 - name change, tracheal shave, electrolysis, therapy
2008 - full time
2014 - GCS Dr. Brassard; remarried
2018 (January)  - hubby and I moved off-grid
2019 - plan originally was to hike PCT in 2020, but now attempting Appalachian Trail - start date April 3.
  •  

DawnOday

God is the answer not the problem. It's the flawed  translation of ancient prophets. Not the word of God. That's why there are more than 4000 Christian versions of what the Bilble means.
Dawn Oday

It just feels right   :icon_hug: :icon_hug: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss:

If you have a a business or service that supports our community please submit for our Links Page.

First indication I was different- 1956 kindergarten
First crossdress - Asked mother to dress me in sisters costumes  Age 7
First revelation - 1982 to my present wife
First time telling the truth in therapy June 15, 2016
Start HRT Aug 2016
First public appearance 5/15/17

•  

MarshaJoy825

Quote from: Danielle Kristina on November 28, 2018, 09:20:32 PM
I'm transgender and Christian also.  For a long time I believed that dressing as myself was a sin.  I'd feel so guilty about it that I would quit praying because I felt so ashamed, yet I couldn't stop dressing.  My authentic self wouldn't let me stop, and she'd scream loudly until I'd give in to her.  I purged multiple times, thinking that if I could live a "normal" life then I would be worthy of God's love.  I felt condemned.  Then I discovered that I'm transgender and there's nothing I can do about it; I was born trans and I'll die trans.  Today I'm ok with that and I'm praying again.  Someone once said that being trans just might be God's will for my life; that He designed me this way for a reason even if I don't know what that reason is or even begin to understand it.  While I still wish I were cisgender, I know that I'm not and never will be, but today I'm ok with it.  I'm both transgender and Christian.

Danielle
Hello Danielle,
    Thank you so very much for responding to my note about meeting other Christians. I haven't responded because I left Susan's for awhile because of guilt feelings that returned. What you wrote was such an encouragement to me. I do hope that we can write some more. I want to be where you are with this acceptance of being both transgender and Christian. I still can't PM because I have to start all over and now I am still a "Visitor" When I get to PM people, I hope you don't mind if I PM you.  I am so happy that there are other Christians here.   Hugs, Marsha
  •  

MarshaJoy825

Quote from: Nina on December 18, 2018, 07:05:38 AM
One day I'll share my story how I came out to my pastor, and my congregation.
Long story short, I even got a chance to address the congregation one Sunday.
Funny though, never went to church pre-transition.
Nina, Thanks so much for posting on my post asking about other Christians. I have been away for three months, this is the reason why I have taken so long to write to you. I am so glad that you have found a community! I would love to hear your story about coming out to your pastor and congregation. You can PM if you would like.
  •  

pastormel

I'm genderqueer/trans-identified and a Christian...and a pastor.

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk

•