Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

What's Your Favorite Feminine Style?

Started by sally0196, November 18, 2018, 02:27:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gertrude

Quote from: RoryL on November 20, 2018, 03:09:46 PM
Age appropriate (at least for someone 10 years younger than my chronological age, lol) business casual is my daily go-to style. Generally dark pants or jeans, nice top (blouses preferred), blazer or cardigan over top - minimal jewelry. Always a bra underneath to keep my girls up & shaped nicely. Outside of the office it's mostly either jeans or yoga pants with layered tops; comfy casual, but pulled together. Sometimes a casual hat if I don't feel like putting on my topper or wig.

I have yet to find a skirt or dress that I like enough to overcome my remaining anxiety. For now, skirts are rare and usually worn at home. Working up my nerve to wear a nice print dress with tights, a cardigan & booties to the office one of these days.

I love shoes, but have a wide foot and a limited budget so that restricts my shoe choices to what I can find on a clearance rack, on sale online, or at Payless. In a way it's good that my shoe budget is limited - otherwise there'd need to be a closet at home just for my shoes, LOL
Try a skirt suit or sheath with a suit blazer and low pumps. Can't go wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  •  

Jennifer M

The style I like is the business casual with an endless array of skirts and tops. I love florals. And, of course, tall boots. Dresses are hard for me because I have a long torso.

The style I wear, for now at least, is jeans and T-shirts, but women's jeans/jeggings most of the time.

•  

barbie

Trying to look like teens or 20s.

barbie~~
Just do it.
  •  

wonderland

@Barbie... You look just like a cute model in a catalogue or magazine.
  •  

Sky1090

I guess it depends what I'm doing. On a typical day, it's skinny or bootcut jeans and a cute top. I LOVE my boots and have amassed quite a collection. If I'm going out to a club or bar, typically something revolving around one of my bodycon mini skirts and heels. Around the house, forget it. Yoga pants or leggings and a baggy hoodie all day. I guess I'm just a typical 20-30 year old lol
  •  

barbie

Quote from: wonderland on November 30, 2018, 01:29:13 PM
@barbie... You look just like a cute model in a catalogue or magazine.

Thanks! Actually I have tried hard to look like a kind of fashion model with modest results.

barbie~~
Just do it.
  •  

Virginia 71

Tunics and jeans. I love cowl neck tunics. Booties with a low heel. Sweater dresses and boots. Scarves. Simple jewelry.

I do a lot of work outside or in the garage. That is a challenge...to be practical and not look like my old self. Instead of a wig I usually wear a simple head cover on these days. I'm more likely to get be called "sir" that way which I hate. I'd like to get another wig...nothing expensive...to wear on days when I am doing this sort of work so people get the point. Also, I am only a year into transition so many of my old/work clothes are men's which does not help. I think I may hit the thrift store on 50% off days to try and find some women's work clothes. Nothing is more of a buzzkill than going un-noticed in public unless dealing with someone one on one and then the next day get mis-gendered. It does have its advantages at times however...like going into an auto parts store.
  •  

Linde

Quote from: Virginia 71 on December 01, 2018, 10:28:37 PM
. It does have its advantages at times however...like going into an auto parts store.
I am always 100% male when I go o those stores and to DIY stores!
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

jeri1973

I love leggings, skinny jeans, tunics and boots during this time of year.  I also have several cute dresses and skirts that I love wearing leggings and either tall or short boots with.

Basically, if you are wanting to know what my style is then let me just say that Torrid, Avenue, and Cato are my favorite shopping places.
  •  

RoryL

Quote from: Gertrude on November 29, 2018, 12:22:19 PM
Try a skirt suit or sheath with a suit blazer and low pumps. Can't go wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks, Trudie! I'll definitely give that a try - slowly building my work wardrobe, as time and money allow.  :-)
"I will not have my life narrowed down. I will not bow down to somebody else's whim or to someone else's ignorance" - bell hooks

"The best mind-altering drug is the truth." - Lily Tomlin

•