Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Just had my orchi this morning. I have a couple questions.

Started by salaniaseviltwin, November 19, 2018, 11:45:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

salaniaseviltwin

So, everything went great, I'm at home recovering already. Apparently the procedure went faster than everyone expected, I was only on the table for 25 minutes.

My question is though, so far the is zero pain or bruising. Should I expect this to change within the next few days?

I've read about large testosterone fluctuations caused by the adrenal and pituitary glands, is this something I should be concerned about?

So far, that's all I have.

Thank you all in advance.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

"Perception is reality. If you are perceived to be something, you might as well be it because that's the truth in people's minds."   -Steve Young

•  

Devlyn

Congratulations! Here's your Nutless card.  ;D

I had pretty significant bruising, but pain stayed manageable. I never read anything about fluctuating T levels, I was tested 19 days post surgery and had normal female T levels.

Speedy healing!

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

salaniaseviltwin

Quote from: Devlyn on November 19, 2018, 12:17:49 PM
Congratulations! Here's your Nutless card.  ;D

I had pretty significant bruising, but pain stayed manageable. I never read anything about fluctuating T levels, I was tested 19 days post surgery and had normal female T levels.

Speedy healing!

Hugs, Devlyn
Lol. I'll gladly take that. How long after the procedure did the bruising start?

"Perception is reality. If you are perceived to be something, you might as well be it because that's the truth in people's minds."   -Steve Young

•  

Devlyn

•  

salaniaseviltwin

•  

Sarah77

Congratulations!

There can't be many other places were you are genuinely pleased to hear someone has lost a body part.

:D
  •  

salaniaseviltwin

Nope. Though, it's already been beneficial. A friend of mine had back surgery today as well and I cracked a joke about it with hun already I even got him to laugh.

•  

salaniaseviltwin

Did anyone experience much bleeding post surgery?

•  

Lady Sarah

I had mine done in 1994. There was no bruising, and the only bleeding was from where I was stitched. It stopped that day. As a matter of fact, I felt so good that I walked the beach the following day.
started HRT: July 13, 1991
orchi: December 23, 1994
trach shave: November, 1998
married: August 16, 2015
Back surgery: October 20, 2016
  •  

Devlyn

Quote from: salaniaseviltwin on November 19, 2018, 04:56:34 PM
Did anyone experience much bleeding post surgery?

I did, but that was because I apparently lost an internal stitch. The blood was obviously old based on the dark colour. Are you bleeding?
  •  

salaniaseviltwin

I have ab internal stitch as well. I've had a piercing down there previously, that bled a lot. So that's why I'm not freaking out.

•  

salaniaseviltwin

I'm assuming the bleeding has stopped, everything in there is dark and old.

•  

Charlie Nicki

Not sure about the T levels, I quit spiro right away and didn't feel any significant changes that would be associated to a higher T level. A couple of months later I took a blood test and my T was pretty much dead.

And I was bruised and swollen for about a week.
Latina :) I speak Spanish, English and a bit of Portuguese.
  •  

salaniaseviltwin

Today has been amazing so far even though it started about an hour ago. This may be a bit TMI and if it is please let me know and I'll gladly edit it. The majority of the bruising on the scrotum is nearly gone and the only real pain that I'm dealing with is a crampy feeling on the right side of my abdomen. There was no bleeding yesterday, and today only a little bit of spotting over night. I think the general recovery may be a little faster than I had anticipated, but I'm still going to take advantage of my approved time off of work so that I don't mess anything up. Overall, not a horrible experience.

The one thing that I have a slight problem with is that I don't remember a couple of hours from each day. Not sure if that is my system still clearing out some of the anesthesia, or a side effect of the pain pills. I'm not too concerned about that because i've had it happen in the past due to various medications that I've taken.

I will say that it is definitely a new experience not having them down there.

•  

Devlyn

Thanks for the update! The effects of the anesthesia do stick around for awhile. I found myself remembering more and more of surgery day as time wore on (including the conversation in the operating room). I'm glad you're doing well.  :)

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

AnonyMs

Regarding testesterone fluctuations, according to one SRS surgeon about 10-15% of women experience high T after SRS and the treatment is antiandrogens for at least 3 months. It's also possible to have too low testesterone and need to supplement it, but I've not heard of this very often.

These are in regards to srs, but I'm pretty sure it would be the same for an orchi.
  •  

salaniaseviltwin

Day 5.

Bad news:
I've had a constant pain in my right side; rough description would be a kick in the balls, just a bit more dull. I've found myself unconsciously sitting with my legs closed, but spreading is more comfortable at the moment. I can't seem to sit for more than a few hours at a time at the moment, then I have to switch to lying down after standing and walking for a few minutes.

Good news:
From knowledge of my own body, I would say that visible bruising should be cleared up in no more than a week from today. Aside from the pain described above, I can move with relative ease, walking and standing are no problem.

If the pain persists in Monday morning, I will be contacting my surgeons office to see if it's any sort of issue I should be worried about.

•  

Linde

@ salaniaseviltwin
Please check your temperature to make sure you do not have an infection!
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

Devlyn

Quote from: salaniaseviltwin on November 24, 2018, 07:28:53 PM
Day 5.

Bad news:
I've had a constant pain in my right side; rough description would be a kick in the balls, just a bit more dull. I've found myself unconsciously sitting with my legs closed, but spreading is more comfortable at the moment. I can't seem to sit for more than a few hours at a time at the moment, then I have to switch to lying down after standing and walking for a few minutes.

Good news:
From knowledge of my own body, I would say that visible bruising should be cleared up in no more than a week from today. Aside from the pain described above, I can move with relative ease, walking and standing are no problem.

If the pain persists in Monday morning, I will be contacting my surgeons office to see if it's any sort of issue I should be worried about.

Kicked in the nether regions is exactly what I felt afterwards, I hope you're fine, but absolutely check with your surgeon if you think there's a problem.

Hugs Devlyn
  •  

salaniaseviltwin

2 week update.

Pretty much all of the bruising is gone now with the exception of a few spots. The previous pain subsided shortly after the last update, but it's returned with a vengeance today. My follow up appointment is on Wednesday and I should be getting my work release note that day as well.

The one thing that I'm a bit confused about id that I can clearly feel what's left of my spermatic cords. Is that due to swelling, a mild complication, or my surgeon cutting too low?
If anyone has about insight before I see my surgeon, that would be awesome. I'll be selling him Wednesday regardless of any answer I get from you lovely people.

•