Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Have you tried clear mascara and had good results?

Started by ChrissyRyan, November 20, 2018, 06:58:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrissyRyan

I think I am going to try some clear mascara.  I have not done well so far with eye makeup. 
I thought that clear mascara may be more "forgiving" for me for looks as I learn, but perhaps not.  I usually do not wear much makeup at all, preferring a natural look, but I have found that some of it can look nice on me. 

Can I get by with just mascara on the lashes, or do I really also need to complement that mascara with other eye makeup, otherwise the eyelashes will not look right?  I do take care of my eyebrows.

What has been your experience with clear mascara?  I did read that you could tint it with blush for a nice look.  I will try that another time!   I will also learn how to curl eyelashes, as that may be helpful before applying the clear mascara.

Thank you.

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

CindyLouFromCO

Mascara helps make the eyes look larger.  I love mascara.  You don't need to use other products.  I like to add aye liner myself.

Currently I'm not using mascara because I have been doing eyelash extensions.  Love those.  But they do cost $$$ and needs to be done at a salon.  I hate fake lashes.

I have never used clear mascara.  I never knew it existed until I read this post.  :)
I've taken what others have offered, so now I'm giving back.
  •  

RoryL

I used clear mascara when deeply in boy mode - it did help define my lashes a little and no one suspected the use of mascara.  Since there's still some in my current hoard of cosmetics it sometimes gets used as a pre-mascara primer/protectant, especially when opting to follow it with waterproof mascara. Honestly, I don't see much difference with it now.

As far as curling your lashes, it helps to know your eye shape before purchasing an eyelash curler. I have almond shaped eyes and the standard curlers never grab all my lashes and ALWAYS pinch. Tweezerman makes an eyelash curler for almond eyes as well as one for round eyes, in addition to their standard eyelash curler. Curling my lashes got so much easier (& faster) once I got their almond eyes curler - my lashes look better too! You can find their curlers most places - I got mine at Ulta.

Keep experimenting - you'll find a mascara you like that works for you, be it clear or with color!
"I will not have my life narrowed down. I will not bow down to somebody else's whim or to someone else's ignorance" - bell hooks

"The best mind-altering drug is the truth." - Lily Tomlin

•  

ChrissyRyan

I did notice that WikiHow shows four ways to curl eyelashes.

I did get a curler and tried it, it does curl the lashes.  I also used the clear mascara.
I got some in my eyes and eyelids, so I will need to practice more.  When on the lids, it left them slightly sparkly!  I did put on more than one coat.  I did not buy an eyebrow brush.  I never heard of such a thing before reading that it might be useful in removing mascara clumps.

The lashes do look a bit more pronounced but there are not all that many eyelash hairs there really to begin with.

Well this was a learning adventure.  Who knows if I will be curling or putting eyelash mascara on a lot or not but I will practice more.

This is sidetracking me from my real challenge, voice practice, which I think is more important than the eyes.  It was interesting to try use eye makup again. 

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •