Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

15 ftm in texas

Started by mlkybab, November 21, 2018, 08:11:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mlkybab

i've been doing a lot of research lately since i want to start t as soon as possible

1) i want to fully pass before i go to college
(i'm graduating early so i'm technically a junior this year)

2) my dysphoria sucks ass

but i don't know if i can?
planned parenthood doesn't offer hrt to minors but i don't know where i can get hrt being a minor, possibly someone that uses informed consent, and accepts insurance

please help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  •  

stephaniec

the only thing I can suggest is to get a gender therapist
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: mlkybab on November 21, 2018, 08:11:29 PM
i've been doing a lot of research lately since i want to start t as soon as possible

1) i want to fully pass before i go to college
(i'm graduating early so i'm technically a junior this year)

2) my dysphoria sucks ass

but i don't know if i can?
planned parenthood doesn't offer hrt to minors but i don't know where i can get hrt being a minor, possibly someone that uses informed consent, and accepts insurance

please help

@mlkybab   
Dear MlkyBab:
   I am most pleased that you had decided to join the Susan's Place site.

Please allow me to also welcome you here.
    Thank you for writing your posting.... as you get more involved in exchanging comments on various posts other members will be along to offer their thoughts and comments in response to any of your specific questions and concerns..

This is the right place for you to be to find out what others may have to say that may have been in your circumstances and with your questions and concerns.
    There are a lot of members here that will be able to identify with your situation as you continue to feel free to share it.

I also want to warmly WELCOME you to Susan's Place
You will find this a safe and friendly place to share with others and to read about others similar trials, tribulations, and successes.

As you are certainly aware you can share with others and involve yourself with some give and take with other like-minded members.  When frustrated or if you have successes you can share it here if you wish and receive support from others and offer support to others. ....
     ***It's a very good chance that you might find that you will make some new friends here. 

Please come in and continue to be involved at your own pace.

There is information and important LINKS that I have included below.   You will find information about the site that will help you navigate around and best utilize the features here.   
Please look closely at the LINKS in RED, answers are there to many questions that new members ask.

Again, Welcome to Susan's Place.
Danielle

Here are some links to the site rules and stuff that all new members should be familiar with:

Things that you should read

****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

Northern Star Girl

@mlkybab 
Oh, and another thing Mlkybab,
Since you are one of our younger members please make certain that you find your way to the Youth Introductions Forum and introduce yourself there so that more young members will know of your arrival and therefore you and them will be able to share more information and questions.

Again, Welcome to Susan's Place
Best wishes to you and enjoy your time here.
Danielle

NOTE:  Now that all of this Official Greeting business is done, I will let you have your thread back.

****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

Dena

Welcome to Susan's Place. The biggest problem your going to fact in your plan is that 18 might be the age you have to reach before  they will give you T. This is an adult decision and the only way around it will be to have your parents and therapist agree it's in your best interest to start T at a younger age. Normally with a FTM, a drug that suppress estrogen production is used until 18 is reached and then the switch to T is made. By suppressing estrogen, you maintain the ability to pass as a young boy, top surgery is avoided and you will gain additional height that wouldn't be possible if you had normal estrogen levels in your system.

It might be possible to make your plan work but it's going to require everybody agreeing to it including the doctor that will prescribe T.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

mlkybab

Quote from: Dena on November 21, 2018, 10:17:33 PM
Welcome to Susan's Place. The biggest problem your going to fact in your plan is that 18 might be the age you have to reach before  they will give you T. This is an adult decision and the only way around it will be to have your parents and therapist agree it's in your best interest to start T at a younger age. Normally with a FTM, a drug that suppress estrogen production is used until 18 is reached and then the switch to T is made. By suppressing estrogen, you maintain the ability to pass as a young boy, top surgery is avoided and you will gain additional height that wouldn't be possible if you had normal estrogen levels in your system.

It might be possible to make your plan work but it's going to require everybody agreeing to it including the doctor that will prescribe T.

for the suppressants, do i have to go to an endocrinologist for those and do i need a letter for them too?

•  

Dena

Quote from: mlkybab on November 22, 2018, 08:19:29 AM
for the suppressants, do i have to go to an endocrinologist for those and do i need a letter for them too?

Yes you would. Primarily because of your age but also it would most likely be a requirement of the insurance company to have a proper diagnosis before providing treatment.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

ratkingleo

Hi!
I am also FTM, and I live in Texas as well!
I definitely relate to the struggle of getting on T as a minor. I have been trying to get on HRT for about 2 years now, off and on getting gatekept by my psychiatrist and at the moment I am desperately trying to find an endo that will prescribe me testosterone in the DFW area before I get kicked out in July. Not to discourage you, or dishearten you, but I have found out the hard way that it's extremely difficult to get HRT prescribed as a minor in Texas- it is hard even for adult trans people to get the treatment they need here. Texas is one of the worst, if not the worst state for trans people. You're heading in the right direction, and I sincerely hope that you're able to get what you need to be comfortable, whether that's blockers or testosterone. Planned Parenthood definitely will not give you any sort of sneeze in your direction unless you're of age where you can consent to a legally binding contract (18.)
Keep on going, stay strong. Texas kind of sucks.
Leo
  •