Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Breast implants: size regrets?

Started by SpiralCream, November 26, 2018, 08:59:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpiralCream

For anyone that has had breast augmentation (BA), did you regret the size of your implants after the surgery?  It's been about 4 weeks since my BA, and I have been having second thoughts about the size of my implants for the last 2 weeks.

I started out as a 34A bra size (actually I couldn't quite fill out that bra size, but I wasn't completely flat either), and I wanted to be a C cup.  I went with 375 cc high profile silicone round implants, placed under the muscle. 

I have a slim body frame (my BMI is 19.6), and I feel like my breasts are too big for my body now.  I look in the mirror and feel like I look top heavy. My body seems out of proportion.  I am really, really hoping that they will appear smaller as I continue to heal, but I don't know.

Did anyone else have size regrets?  If so, how did you feel about it and did you eventually end up getting a surgical revision?
  •  

Michelle_P

The change in our bodies feels odd and takes a while to really get used to, several months to a year for most of us.  What feels too big and awkward now may feel right and proper in a year.

The numbers sound roughly right to get you the results you wanted.  The under-muscle implant will take a while to settle down, literally down, and the current look will change over the next several months.

You will find that the types of bra needed to get the desired look may be considerably different than what others might use, and certainly compared to what you used before surgery.

For now try to be patient and heal, then get properly fitted for the desired look with your new breasts.  You will likely not feel 'too big' once things settle down and your lingerie is properly fitted.
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

Maid Marion

Many TGs will look top heavy because most of us don't have big enough butts to balance things out.  Even without implants!

I'd suggest studying fashion basics and learn to choose clothes that will flatter your new body shape.  You should notice that women come in all shapes and sizes.
  •  

WishnHopeN

I have 560cc implants and want to go bigger.  I'm not sure I "regret" it but I am having revision surgery. 
  •  

Jessica_Rose

I just had a BA with 425CC implants on 21 Feb. I am 6" 1' and weigh 170lbs. After about a month my doctor said the swelling was mostly gone and that although they would still change shape as they settle into place, my size would not change much. I went from a padded 36B which I didn't quite fill to a 38D! My bust measurement is now almost an exact match to my hip measurement, and I am extremely happy with my current size.

I agree with @Michelle_P , give it more time. The implants are still settling, and you need more time to heal. I have heard that it usually takes 150cc - 200cc to add a cup size, so the implants you received seem to be in the correct range.
Journal thread - Jessica's Rose Garden
National Coming Out Day video - Coming Out
GCS - GCS and BA w/Dr. Ley
GCS II - GCS II and FFS w/Dr. Ley
FFS II - Jaw and chin surgery w/Dr. Ley
Hair - Hair Restoration
23Mar2017 - HRT / 16Feb2018 - Full Time! / 21Feb2019 - GCS / 26July2019 - GCS II / 13Oct2020 - FFS II
"It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot
  •  

HollyKay

I just got my BA three weeks ago. My initial reaction was laughter and saying holy cow, HAHAH  what did she (surgeon) give me!?!. After things are starting to settle, I'm adjusting well to my new rack. I look like I've always had them. Some tops really make them pop. I love how they look when I am topless, which was a major source of dysphoric feelings. I now feel happy and confident with myself with and without clothes on.  For those of us who are unlucky to experience dysphoria with our chests, but are lucky enough to have breast augmentation, I always just try to feel grateful instead of any other feelings like regret. You're likely in a way better place emotionally than you were before, and there is no greater reward IMO.  I was super nervous, but I turn that into excitement.  Now I giggle when I see my boobs. Literally.  Congrats to everyone who takes steps to self improvement and self acceptance.

•  

Canerfice

Quote from: WishnHopeN on March 27, 2019, 08:30:45 PM
I have 560cc implants and want to go bigger.  I'm not sure I "regret" it but I am having revision surgery.

When I have my BA I also want to go big. I have a few sets of false silicone breast forms and I absolutely fell in love with the largest size.
Zoey
SSgt, USAF (ret)

•  

Rachel_Christina

I'm aiming for 280cc for myself though, I think it should be pretty natural looking!

•  

Charlie Nicki

I went with 480cc and I think they look perfect for me. I went from an A cup to a B cup, I'm a 36B now; my height is 174cm and my weight is 67kg.
Latina :) I speak Spanish, English and a bit of Portuguese.
  •  

mm

HollyKay, I expect it is a shock when you first see and feel them on your chest, for you got them all at once.  For cis girls it takes a few years to get them and they get use to them gradually.  Glad you all getting use to them being there all the time and like the size.  Have you gotten use having them in front of you all the time and being in the way sometimes in seeing and doing things, also did you have to adjust how you walk with the change in your balance?
  •  

HollyKay

@mm,  I have found that carrying stuff like boxes have been a pretty big challenge. I've found that they open a lot of doors that aren't the kind with a sensor like the grocery store though, so it's a fair tradeoff. ☺  I don't feel like I lose my balance, or walk with a forward lean, mostly because I focus on my posture, and keep a healthy lower back arch. They don't really feel heavier either, though they added about three pounds to my chest. I have yet to run with them though. No matter how in shape you are, running with big boobs will likely serve as a great equalizer.
  •