Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

New to wearing makeup - so is this the basic format?

Started by Alyssa2U, November 27, 2018, 06:22:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alyssa2U

I have never in the past felt the desire to wear makeup but lately I am really wanting to and decided to go for it.
So -
After reading through this forum and watching videos am I basically right about the average process -

Warm soapy bath
Moisturize
primer (maybe?)
Foundation
Concealer (if needed)
Blush
Eyeliner/ lashes
Lips
holding spray (maybe?)

done!

Did I do that right?
Thanks for any input
- I'm sure this same post has been made in one way or another several times in the past so very sorry if I have frustrated anyone.
  •  

Devlyn

One tip...buy makeup remover before starting any of this.   ;)

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

Alyssa2U

Quote from: Devlyn on November 27, 2018, 06:30:03 AM
One tip...buy makeup remover before starting any of this.   ;)

Hugs, Devlyn

Oh yeah I totally forgot that lol...thanks so very much!

Happy holidays!
  •  

KathyLauren

My routine is:

wash
moisturize
concealer (if using - I don't use it much any more)
foundation
setting powder
blush
eye shadow (if using)
eye liner (if using)
mascara
lipstick
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Sabrina Rei

If you have it eye shadow primer is great and helps the colors go on bold and layer up properly. Without it tends to be really light looking. There's usually a primer in the palettes you buy but not always!

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Alyssa2U on November 27, 2018, 06:22:46 AM
I have never in the past felt the desire to wear makeup but lately I am really wanting to and decided to go for it.
So -
After reading through this forum and watching videos am I basically right about the average process -

Warm soapy bath
Moisturize
primer (maybe?)
Foundation
Concealer (if needed)
Blush
Eyeliner/ lashes
Lips
holding spray (maybe?)

done!

Did I do that right?
Thanks for any input
- I'm sure this same post has been made in one way or another several times in the past so very sorry if I have frustrated anyone.

Alyssa,

You can also try visit a cosmetic store for advice.  Sometimes community gender groups have free makeup sessions with a makeup expert there to give you advice and even a makeover!

There are also plenty of makeup videos around.  Have fun learning!

Chrissy

Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Charlie Nicki

You can follow a basic order but once you get the grip, you'll find your own style and way to do it.

In my case for example I do my eyes before the rest, just because my mascara usually splashes a bit or if I use eyeliner it's easy to mess it up, so it's better to correct or erase all the dark makeup first so you don't ruin the rest. Here's how I do it:

1. Moisturizer (I use sunblock).
2. Foundation (only when going out to party or if I want long lasting makeup, on a daily basis I don't wear it).
3. Eyelash curler and mascara.
4. Eyeliner (I don't wear it everyday).
5. Concealer under my eyes.
6. Compact powder.
7. Blush.
8. Lipstick.
9. Setting spray.
Latina :) I speak Spanish, English and a bit of Portuguese.
  •  

CindyLouFromCO

Quote from: Alyssa2U on November 27, 2018, 06:22:46 AM
So -

Warm soapy bath
Moisturize
primer (maybe?)
Foundation
Concealer (if needed)
Blush
Eyeliner/ lashes
Lips
holding spray (maybe?)

done!

Did I do that right?
Thanks for any input

Yeah, basically.  I do setting powder after I do my consealer. 

Here is my average day order.

Clean face (of course)
Moisturize (I go cheap here.  Ponds). Wait 5 minutes then
Tinted moisturizer.  I like BB cream with spf 35 by Bobby Brown $45 but you probably will not need foundation or concealer.
Eye primer(smashbox), eye liner, and mascara
Blush
Lips

Out the door

A date night or event:
Moisturizer
Tinted moisturizer
Foundation
Consealer
Eye primer, liner, mascara
Blush
Setting powder
Lips

You will find your look though.  It will take some time.  Just remember to drink water, moisturize, exfoliate, and less is best when applying makeup.

You should exfoliate after removing makeup.  Then moisturize.

I've taken what others have offered, so now I'm giving back.
  •  

barbie

With BB cream, you may not need sun cream, but I always apply sun cream just after moisturizer.

My daily typical routine is:

1. Cleaning with cotton and facial toner https://intothegloss.com/2014/01/what-is-toner/
2. Moisturizer
3. Sun cream (my fav is Shiseido)
4. Eye lashes (sometimes with eye pencil)
5. Lip tint (occasionally)

That's it.

barbie~~
Just do it.
  •  

Sky1090

So I have a long long routine. I usually just don't like how my eyes come out and I start all over. That's the only thing that takes some time. I still haven't been able to start hair removal but my hair luckily grows fairly slow. My routine always starts with a very close shave over the stray hairs and moisturizer a half hour before makeup. Time let's any irritation come down. After the half hour, it goes as such:

1. Primer
2. Foundation
3. Translucent setting powder
4. Concealer on trouble spots
5. Powder trouble spots and blend
6. Eyeliner and eyeshadow
7. Mascara and eyebrows
8. Blush if I wear it
9. Setting mist
10. Lips

I've been able to get myself down to a half hour on good days but like I said, I typically hate how my eyes come out and start over. Normally this takes me a solid 45 minutes. I like to take my time and perfect my makeup.
  •