Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Strange effects from HRT due to intersex?

Started by grand_allegro_girl, November 30, 2018, 01:32:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grand_allegro_girl

Has anyone else had unusual effects from HRT due to being intersex? I don't look like any of the timelines I've seen, and I have no idea what to expect. To give some background, I have partial androgen insensitivity syndrome, so many of my features are similar to what a male eunuch would have:

1) Tall stature with abnormally long limbs
2) Sallow skin (due to higher carotene and lower melanin) prone to premature wrinkles
3) Skull appears "stretched" (sort of like an elongated child's with wide orbitals and no brow ridge)
4) Subcutaneous fat deposits on hips, abdomen, chest, etc.)
5) Exaggerated curves in the spine
6) Reduced bone mineral density

I feel like HRT has made some of these even more pronounced. Instead of getting that beautiful soft skin I see on so many girls, I feel like mine has just become tighter and more sallow. If anything, I think the wrinkles and folds on my face look WORSE, and I'm only 26. I think HRT has actually aged me. I also get stretch marks on my skin from fat deposits changing and breast growth.

My limbs have gotten way looser and stretchier. The muscles and tendons around my fingers and toes have weakened and become less tight, making them appear longer. I've gotten substantially more flexible. When I have a lot of estrogen in my blood (right after taking a pill), I swear I can actually "FEEL" my body changing: My muscles get sore like they've been exercised, and then the next day they'll be looser. This has happened pretty fast, so I look kind of "deflated." Sometimes I even hear joints and cartilage popping and clicking in ways they never have before when I move around or stretch.

I'm thinking (hoping) maybe the total lack of testosterone from the AA is making things worse (skin, muscle tone, etc.)  before the E makes things better?
  •  

Linde

I am an XXY person (and who knows what else).  I never got the harder adult skin, still the skin of a pre-puberty person ( I actually never finished my puberty), I have no body hair and I have some nice breast growth.
I am on HRT now for almost 4 weeks, and I feel nothing, not a single sign about anything. 
I have the feeling that HRT may work absolutely different with us intersex people, and we cannot compare us with "normal" xx or xy persons!
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•